Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legends

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Legends

Any one around Green bay area run the legends class.?
I miss this class.
Old 03-05-2008, 07:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is legends.
Old 03-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Tech Addict

These...
Attached Thumbnails Legends-legend.jpg  
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by devin4444
What is legends.
http://rclegends.com/Racers__Rides.php

Yes the legends are a "spec" class from a couple of years ago. fun fast and cheap.(well it was cheap. dont know about now days)
Old 03-06-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

We want to get them started in green bay on the carpet oval, We have kits and spare parts, bodies and tires. They run them in the past at the club. but it died off

I would love to get 3 people started to get the class going again
Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Well, it was more than a "couple" years ago, but they were kinda fun for a while. I know a few of the Sprint Car versions are still laying around in some local race shops,[ including mine]. I think they have some parts & the Coupe style bodies at Victory.It might be a class to consider for their proposed Thurs.nite carpet program this summer.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Chuck how right you are.

We have a class with the rules already to go. 4-cell, traxxas stinger motor with a 81t 48pitch spur or 108( i think) 64 pitch spur, any pinion, any ot the spec tire BSR has. and absolutly no chassis modifications. there are some other rules I can't exactly remember but it would be a great second class for the hard core racer, a fun class for the not so hard core racer. and a easy way for the Newbie to get going.

We really want to get it going. Call the shop at 920-884-7300 and tell them to post the rules on there thread.

I'm on a leave of absence from the track
Old 03-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hock
Chuck how right you are.

We have a class with the rules already to go. 4-cell, traxxas stinger motor with a 81t 48pitch spur or 108( i think) 64 pitch spur, any pinion, any ot the spec tire BSR has. and absolutly no chassis modifications. there are some other rules I can't exactly remember but it would be a great second class for the hard core racer, a fun class for the not so hard core racer. and a easy way for the Newbie to get going.

We really want to get it going. Call the shop at 920-884-7300 and tell them to post the rules on there thread.

I'm on a leave of absence from the track
Sounds like alot of fun, I would allow bearings though. With what you got listed and allowing bearings it sounds real fun. I thought about buying another legends car just for the heck of it. I miss mine and want to have one again just in case. The track in ill runs legends as well. I am not sure about their rules though. Maybe come up with one set of rules for this class. I would love to see people be able to go to another track and run without problems. To many rules for the same basic class will equal death to the class right away. I am willing to see if I can get some guys together to run them on the oval at trackside. Maybe we can get Victory, Trackside, The Track, Marrca and maybe even the triclone on the same page. It is always worth a try in my opinion.

Peace Aaron(W-W)

Last edited by Wicked-Wayz; 03-06-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We run them here on a weekly basis, as well as a "bomber" class, based on the Bolink with a longer wheel base, which is similar to the Trans-Am class. We follow the basic original Legend Rules with the exception of motor/esc, which is 13.5 with limited gearing. There used to be a "spec" class which ran the Mabuchi Silver can.

www.rclegends.com or www.mwnx.com

Eric

The Track at Harbor Hobbies
Old 03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Tech Regular

Victory hobbies will be running the Legends starting Thursday March 27th. We will be running the same classes Prostar has been running on Wednesday night with the addition of the Legends on the oval portion and the Trans Am class on the road course. Legends rules are in Hock's post. Trans Am rules can be found their official website: http://www.usvintagetransam.com/

Thanks! Brian
Old 03-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Count me in for one. Between that and the Hyperdrive, I'm set for Thursdays. Now all I need is one of those flashy Jim Courtney paint jobs........

Paul
Old 03-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Legends Summer Enduro Series

The Track at Harbor Hobbies is proud to announce it will be the host facility for the RCLegends.com Summer Series.

The series will be 6 races total on Friday nights and consist of 3 driver teams. Each driver will drive for a 20 minute segment while 1 driver marshalls and 1 driver works the pits.

Complete detalis and rules can be found at www.rclegends.com

Eric

Last edited by ercwhtsd; 03-10-2008 at 12:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Tech Regular

A couple more Legends kits and bodies went out today! It's great to see this class start to grow especially with some new racers or guys that have been out of the hobby for awhile.

Just an FYI... Victory R/C Hobbies carries most all the Legends parts and accessories. If you are looking for parts give us a call as we ship everyday... the number is down below.

Thanks! Brian