Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Midwest Vintage Trans-Am Grand Prix!! >

Midwest Vintage Trans-Am Grand Prix!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Midwest Vintage Trans-Am Grand Prix!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 01:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default U.S Vintage Trans-Am Races.

Let's do it...

One day of all Trans-Am Action!

This is what I am thinking so far...

One day event.
This keeps it simple and fun. There is no need to spend even one day of practicing to find the perfect setup let alone 2-3 days.

Specs.
Pretty much the same specs that Trackside and Harbor have been running. The exception being maybe Nimh/Nicad any size. I do not want to leave anyone out just because they may have purchased 4600s. Possibly a standard weight as well

Racing Format.
For maximum fun for the racers and spectators I generally believe heads up racing every round is more exciting. But this is still being thought about.

What does everyone think? If there is enough interest I plan to work with Eric at The Track to set something up.

Last edited by Nexus; 01-04-2008 at 08:04 AM.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

They already run them Tuesdays and Saturdays at Trackside with a good turnout, why make it a one day event when they fit right in with all the other race classes? It's a newer class, and they have enough for two mains so far.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus

Racing Format.
For maximum fun for the racers and spectators I generally believe heads up racing every round is more exciting. But this is still being thought about.
ISTC/Reedy style format- no qualifying, a series of sprint races. Just round robin mains. Mix up the cars and starting order and off you go.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Waltrip55
They already run them Tuesdays and Saturdays at Trackside with a good turnout, why make it a one day event when they fit right in with all the other race classes? It's a newer class, and they have enough for two mains so far.
Yea I realize this. The Track is also picking up steam with the class as well. I'm looking at a bigger picture...

More of a one day Trophy race to bring all the Trans Am guys together. Something fun like Scotty's Mini only race, Summer Sizzler, etc.

Rob.

Yea I am totally into that style format. Qualifying schmalifying! Let's just race. It's more fun for the racers and new people interested would be more attracted to what's actually going on at the track.

Now the question would be when is a good time to do a one day event like this? Novak is coming in early Jan, TCS is first week in Feb, not sure what else is on the horizon or when the Hurricane dates are. Maybe in between Novak and TCS since a good number a people don't race TCS anyway.

Thought and suggestion on this event are welcome.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

I think a good time would be after the TCS and before the Stock Rubber Nationals or Right after the Stock Rubber Nats and before the last round of the Hurricane series.

I think it would be too soon to be between the Novak and the TCS, I would like to see more time to build it up.

What about April 5th

Here are the dates

Novak 1/2-1/6
TCS 2/8-2/10
Stock Rubber Nats 3/7-3/9
Hurricane Race 6 3/22
Old 12-04-2007, 03:55 AM
Tech Master

FYI! April 5 this taken! That is when the All-Star series will be at Trackside. I have made the schedule adjustment as 3/22 is easter weekend. Posting on that will be soon.

Snowy.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

This is still very early as far as planning goes. I did speak with Eric from "The Track" and he is all for hosting an event like this.

We both agree as did others I spoke with that a nice fun 1-day event would be perfect. As for dates we have nothing yet. But a few companies did email back saying they would be open to throwing some type of sponsorship down for the race in terms of product/prizes.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Nexus
This is still very early as far as planning goes. I did speak with Eric from "The Track" and he is all for hosting an event like this.

We both agree as did others I spoke with that a nice fun 1-day event would be perfect. As for dates we have nothing yet. But a few companies did email back saying they would be open to throwing some type of sponsorship down for the race in terms of product/prizes.
Hopefully one of those sponsors is HPI since the whole thing is based on their tires, wheels, and bodies.

Nexus,

Thanks for looking into this. This definetaly is a great idea. A one day low stress race reedy style for the Trans Am cars would be very exciting for racers and spectators. As well as a great event for "The Track". Let me know if there is anything I could help out with.
Old 12-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nexus, are you going to be running the tech area? If so, watch out for f1larry. jk
Old 12-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Euge
Nexus, are you going to be running the tech area? If so, watch out for f1larry. jk
Euge, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Euge
Euge...what about your special "C2 monster stock"...?

I am all for the Trans Am series....and Cuda all the way. Go Toyota....
Old 12-04-2007, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Incase any TC3 OR TC4 Trans am racers need parts, I have two bags of new parts for sale at http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=194236
Old 12-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Tech Champion

Hmm after seeing Euge's RDX Sat we might want to really tech his Trans Am too.

==

I have contacted both Parma and HPI about some type of sponsorship so we shall see. Parma has said they will do something and HPI I just emailed and waiting to hear back. Maybe a few other companies I will try and contact but those are the main ones since that's pretty much what is run in Trans Am.

Regardless of event sponsors I will try and organize this event. Mostly because to me it's about promoting the class on a larger scale and having fun.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

OK...I am still working this.

Parma and HPI are both on board as sponsors. Waiting to hear from 2 others. I have a designer creating a bad johnny logo for the event When he has some comps ready I will post them.

Right now I am debating a date after Novak since this might be a good break from all the serious racing. Yes I realize TCS is coming but not everyone who races TransAm is also a TCS guy. This is just tentative and I need to work with Eric at The Track to see what he has open.

Keep racing because the Mustangs will be at full strength!
Old 12-11-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

I would have this race after TCS. It was a huge event last year, you would be missing a lot of people at this trans-am race. Now that I'm going brushless after Christmas, I only need a chassis/body/wheels/tires to join you guys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.