Too many points series?

Old 10-14-2007, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

I've been watching this thread and haven't commented yet but here is my opinion or what I've started to do and will do from now on. Every year I get gung ho on doing a series. For 2006/2007 I've participated in:
Midwest Allstars TC series
Wisconsin TC series
MWNX series
RC Khaos
RC Pro
IL RC Pro

I really try to complete each series but life(wife and kids) gets in the way therefore I have not completed one single series and have nothing to show for it. There's nothing wrong with each series or the promoters or the number of races its just too much for my "life".

Midway through the summer I was at a series race and it sucked. I wasn't having fun so I decided from then on I'm just going to do club races and avoid the series races. Since then I've been having fun and the family even comes to some of the club races. The club racing days are shorter and I seem get more driving time.

I know this is not what the promoters want to hear but this is just for me. I believe that all your series should go on as it is good for getting the word out for different tracks and motivates the up and coming racers.

Aside from the series talk I still like the big weekend races like Scotty's Novak TC or Midwest Offroad races, LHs big indoor nitro and electric races. These types of races, I believe, do a better job at concentrating the top drivers into one spot.

Remember that this is just my opinion and my plan. I thought I would just share my thoughts as patron of many of these series.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slow

Midway through the summer I was at a series race and it sucked.

Aside from the series talk I still like the big weekend races like Scotty's Novak TC or Midwest Offroad races, LHs big indoor nitro and electric races. These types of races, I believe, do a better job at concentrating the top drivers into one spot.
Contradiction? Did it suck because you had a bad day personally or did the race director give you problems?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Geo - I was personally not doing well but I was really turned off by what was happening before the racing started(Geo you know if you drive an 8ight and you don't do well its a mental problem). I don't think it was the promoter's fault but that of the track management and racer's themselves. I did talk to the management but my issue fell on deaf ears.

Anyway my original intent on commenting was to say that I prefer the big weekend races to the series races. I have nothing bad to say about any of the series, promoters, or tracks.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool Carmello, when it's all said and done, it's about havin' fun and laughin' with your buddies. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. This year was the funnest year of racing for me in my life and was more because of the camping and hanging out with friends than it was about competition. I wish you the best. God bless.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by satoch
Im the BIGGEST TOOL on Rctech.

+1
Old 10-16-2007, 02:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

As a retired adult film actor I can assure you that I said, "I have the biggest tool on RC Tech."
Old 10-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Tech Initiate

As a retired adult film fluffer I can assure you that I said, "I have played with the biggest tool"

Old 10-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Initiate

as a 1/10th scale gas truck racer i would like to formally apologize to the serious racers who had to waste 41 (7,7,7,20) minutes per race day watching my boring little truck run on the track. next year we should eliminate all racing except the 1/8th scale A-main. its the only race that really matters and dosnt waste anybodys time, atleast none of the REAL racers time. think about how early we could get home!!!
Old 10-20-2007, 09:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

I almost shed a real tear
Old 10-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Ok so the 1/8th guys can get a little eliteist (I am guilty being a 1/8th guy) but how about this, bring a few more guys with 1/10 trucks and make us REALLY bored (that's sarcasm..). 1/10th is a cool class, it just needs better support.

Geo, are you going to Reedsburg tomorrow?
Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Nope, I've changed all of my gear to my electric vehicles. My servos, trans and recievers move from one vehicle to another. I always say I'm going to dedicate certain electronics to certain vehicles but the budget tells me otherwise. Shame too..Supposed to be perfect weather to get one last nitro day in.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Tech Initiate

Im the biggest tool on RC Tech

+1
Old 10-26-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

You've been reported to the moderators.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Your still the biggest tool on rctech....
Old 10-26-2007, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.