Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
BACK TO THE BEGINNING  AT TRACKSIDE >

BACK TO THE BEGINNING AT TRACKSIDE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BACK TO THE BEGINNING AT TRACKSIDE

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Adept

Quick list of classes,
Stock Truck - rubber tire only, stock motor, stock body, can run 6" long side dam, battery centered in chassis.
Mod Truck - rubber tire only, 19t or 4300 BL motor, stock body, can run 6" long side dam, battery centered in chassis.
Modifieds - off-road buggy, rubber tire only, 19t or 4300 BL motor, 2" spoiler, McAllister IMCA modified body, w/3"x6" side dam, or Custom Works Narrow Probe w/no side dams, battery centered in chassis.
Sportsman - 4wd sedan chassis, stock motor, '55-'57 type body, foam tires allowed. No offset or aftermarket chassis. No spoilers or side dams.
Late Model - 4wd sedan chassis, 19t or 4300 BL motor,No offset or aftermarket chassis, McAllister Dirt Oval Late Model bodies, 205mm max., foam tires allowed. 2" rear spoiler, No side dams.
Outlaw Sprint - Any motor, battery centered in chassis, foam tires allowed.
All classes 6 cell, no lipo.
We're using Custom Works side dam lexan.

Last edited by Hollywood; 05-29-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanx hollywood. now ive really gotta find the time to get over there to race. times a little cramped tho. darn 3 jobs and school!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:08 PM
GSP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Questions For Hollywood

OUTLAW Sprint
Does this mean you can run a brushless and Lipo? What sprints cars are you going to stock?

Stock Truck
Is there a web site that I can look up the side dams you are allowing to run and how they are installed? When you say rubber tires what type are you talking about.

I am asking these questions because I have never did this type of racing before and I would like to look up more info before I go and buy this stuff. Thanks for you help with this.

Last edited by GSP; 05-29-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hollywood
Quick list of classes,
Stock Truck - rubber tire, stock motor, stock body, can run 6" long side dam, battery centered in chassis.
Mod Truck - rubber tire, 19t or 4300 BL motor, stock body, can run 6" long side dam, battery centered in chassis.
Modifieds - off-road buggy, rubber tire, 19t or 4300 BL motor, 2" spoiler, McAllister IMCA modified body, w/3"x6" side dam, or Custom Works Narrow Probe w/no side dams, battery centered in chassis.
Sportsman - 4wd sedan chassis, stock motor, '55-'57 type body, foam tires allowed. No offset or aftermarket chassis. No spoilers or side dams.
Late Model - 4wd sedan chassis, 19t or 4300 BL motor, McAllister Dirt Oval Late Model bodies, 205mm max., foam tires allowed. 2" rear spoiler, No side dams.
Outlaw Sprint - Any motor, battery centered in chassis, foam tires allowed.
All classes 6 cell
quick question on the 4wd tc late model class, you list no offset or aftermarket chassis for sportsman but not late model? does this mean you can run a oval conversion on your touring car in late model or are we just running a stock chassis? I hope we keep it simple and not allow those offsets and oval conversion, I really am glad you are not allwing those god aweful sidedams.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GSP
OUTLAW Sprint
Does this mean you can run a brushless and Lipo? What sprints cars are you going to stock?
Originally Posted by Hollywood
All classes 6 cell
You definately can run Brushless though, and I'm not sure n the sprinters that we will be carrying(if we even do), but my guess would be the Customworks car.

Originally Posted by GSP
Stock Truck
Is there a web site that I can look up the side dams you are allowing to run and how they are installed? When you say rubber tires what type are you talking about.

You don't have to run the side dam if you don't want too. I haven't been running one on my truck, and I'm not having any handling troubles at all. However, I'm not too sure about a website with pictures, but you might want to try dirtoval.com

The tires that we run at Trackside are Losi pink taper pins, with Trinity grey bomb 1 inserts. You can try other tires, but trust me, you will go back to the pink taper pins quickly.

Originally Posted by Racin4Fun
quick question on the 4wd tc late model class, you list no offset or aftermarket chassis for sportsman but not late model? does this mean you can run a oval conversion on your touring car in late model or are we just running a stock chassis?
No, you cannot run oval conversions in the latemodel classes.

Guys, tomorrow night is the first night of racing dirt oval at Trackside in a very long time. The rules that we have in place are an attempt to make this as fun, and inviting as possible. We know full well that there are going to be questionable cars, and "kinks" in the race program, especially tomorrow night. Just bear with us, we hope to have a fun and exciting night non-the-less.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:21 AM
GSP
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BuckMan Thanks

Thanks for the info on the tires and what you are doing with your truck. On the tires are you removing all of the pins and running a slick type of tire or running the tires as is out of the package?

Is dirt oval just a summer thing or will Trackside run this in the winter months?
Old 05-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Normaly for the thrucks if you run a side dam. Usually from the back of the cab to the tail gate and oing up as high as the roof is good enough. it's there to keep the truck from fish tailing. although side dams look ugly you would not beleive how stable the cars can get with them. I had attached a picture to see how they mount
Attached Thumbnails BACK TO THE BEGINNING  AT TRACKSIDE-im000683.jpg  
Old 05-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Are there any classes outside of Sprint Car that you can race an actual OVAL car?
Old 05-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSP
Thanks for the info on the tires and what you are doing with your truck. On the tires are you removing all of the pins and running a slick type of tire or running the tires as is out of the package?

Is dirt oval just a summer thing or will Trackside run this in the winter months?
the way the tires r run is a track conditions situation
for instence if the track is sticky and has little to no dust a slick is perfect but if the track is dusty and dry full pin is good

trackside mit run the oval in the winter if there is enof intrest in it in the summer
Old 05-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
Are there any classes outside of Sprint Car that you can race an actual OVAL car?

if there is enof to make a class
Old 05-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Tech Adept

4 hours until green flag!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

yea!!!!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

kenny how is the oval today nice and sticky
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Wish I could be there!
Have a Latemodel TC4 and a B4 Modified.

Will there be open practice on the weekend?

Dave H.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

YES

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.