Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strictly RC Norridge IL

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

sounds good Bill. Most people pull in between 11:30 and noon. I'll be there by about 12 or 12:30. The track opens when the store opens...I think about 10am on Sunday.

We had a light turnout tonight...and my Recoil brokedown but here's the results for tonight just in case you wanted to see them:

http://pages.ripco.net/~kenji/strict...et_Report.html
Old 04-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Bummer I have Class Weds nights .

I am planning on making it this Sunday though. Get those m18's READY!

Jimmy
Old 04-11-2007, 10:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by g12314
Get those m18's READY!
All the people running xrays are really getting much better. So you'll have some good competition. As soon as the Venom Fireball motors are available we'll all be going over to that which will make it even more competitive. Seems like it's really difficult to break the M18 at Strictly......they just run and run.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I am going to try to make it down a little early so that I can get a little practice on the track and with the car....

Is there a class of rc18t's running? If I can get mine back together, I may bring it also, I still need to find an M18 for a good deal. I do have a couple of 1/10 touring cars and a 1/12 to sell or trade if anyone is looking to buy or trade.

Hope you have the parts to fix your recoil, if not give me a holler.

We had 3 Recoils at my place Saturday, but sold another one and a couple of others are supposed to be coming up this week. I am shipping one to Shane R and he will be up the following week to race it. Looks like it is going to end up being a pretty good class here.

We put our Friday night on-road racing program back by request.... 1/18, 1/14 and 1/12 will be the major classes... Mini's and others if they show up. We will be starting the program back up this Friday and will start racing at 7pm.

We should also talk of a regular summer series between all of us (strictly, duneland, harbor and H&H) Maybe something similar to our Legend series..... 6 races May thru October. The all 6 race dates scheduled(dates for the races confirmed so people know the when part), the first 4 race locations scheduled with the last 2 race locations awarded to the 2 facilities that have the highest racer entry turnout.... something like that??

We (Harbor and H&H) have been talking of something like this for our 1/10 scale programs, there would be a bragging trophy that would go to the shop "team" that accumulates the most points for the nights racing. A driver would have to declare their "home" shop/track at the first race they attend and would not be allowed to change it for the duration of the series.... Each "team driver" would be awarded points according to their finish (as would normally happen) and the team with the most points gets to take the the traveling trophy to their shop until the next race..... Something to this effect anyhow.

How can we all get together and see if there is any interest in this? Kenji you know Duneland and Strictly and I can get in touch with Ed at Harbor.... I will type something up tonight, maybe get down to see Harbor tomorrow or Friday and have it with me on Sunday

What do you think?

Bill
Old 04-12-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rcpilotbill

Is there a class of rc18t's running?
Yup, we put all the off road together in the same races. We run some small wooden jumps and other impediments on the rug for the off road races. We whisk them away after each race.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
sounds good Bill. Most people pull in between 11:30 and noon. I'll be there by about 12 or 12:30. The track opens when the store opens...I think about 10am on Sunday.

We had a light turnout tonight...and my Recoil brokedown but here's the results for tonight just in case you wanted to see them:

http://pages.ripco.net/~kenji/strict...et_Report.html
damn Nexus, you got smoked by like 20 laps! :P
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah Nexus, you sucks........whole track by youself and you can only do 32 laps....sorry, no TA05R for you, can't associate a racer that sLOw......
Old 04-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
Yeah Nexus, you sucks........whole track by youself and you can only do 32 laps....sorry, no TA05R for you, can't associate a racer that sLOw......

Well when I keep doing 54 and whooping you I felt tired.

YOU ARE DONE DONKEY
Old 04-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

OK guys, I dug out the old Micro RS4 and it will need some work. It was nice seeing you all there and I hope to make it up there after I repair the Micro.

The POS Hitec servo is fried so now I know why the thing was so slow to accelerate, the servo was drawing off all the power. Replacing it with a good Airtronics one.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

It was good seeing you too. Just so you know, anytime the stores are open the track is open. Which means you can head to the track anytime all day long, even to just wrench. Sometimes it makes it easier having all the parts upstairs when rebuilding something and being able to get a few laps in.

We'll be back racing this Sunday just so you know and again next Wednesday.

Join our forum if you can:

http://strictlyrc.jconserv.net
Old 04-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AreCee
OK guys, I dug out the old Micro RS4 and it will need some work. It was nice seeing you all there and I hope to make it up there after I repair the Micro.

The POS Hitec servo is fried so now I know why the thing was so slow to accelerate, the servo was drawing off all the power. Replacing it with a good Airtronics one.

I have a large bag of Micro RS4 hopups / parts collecting dust. If you need something let me know and I'll bring it to the track for you.

Jimmy
Old 04-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Series sounds good! I'll try to make it Sunday.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Guru, in the house!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g12314
I have a large bag of Micro RS4 hopups / parts collecting dust. If you need something let me know and I'll bring it to the track for you.

Jimmy
Thanks Jimmy, I can't make it on Sunday but was planning to go next Wednesday.

I have a whole mess of spares and some hop ups. Got it working again, now just need good tires and batteries.

Dave
Old 04-12-2007, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

We would be interested in a multi track series for 1/14th scale or 1/18th scale. As long as a good set of rules are worked out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.