Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Summer Outdoor Series/Events

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 03:39 PM
R/C Tech Founder

There is always space for pitting track-side in Verona, if you don't like the shelter. If we end up at Westgate, the pits will all be right there, and we will have power and everything else. In either place it should be a good program.
Old 03-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I personally dont like the pay out idea....why not just take the money and get gift certificates to the persons local hobby shop or just get trophies with the persons name on it.....I think it means more when your name is engraved on the trophy. Either way I would just like to race and hope the tracks in question here can get something going.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:13 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't see local hobby shop certificates as a good option. If you want to go that route, go online. Find a good online shop....(*cough* ...kraig...*cough* ).. sorry, need some water..

I would rather have spending $$, If it's currency, or a gift certificate, it doesnt matter much to me, I'll use that. The only thing a bowling trophy ever does is collect dust.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:16 AM
RJ
Tech Rookie

kevin I would like to rae in the seares
Old 03-11-2003, 08:52 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I say race for trophies. Yes they are useless, yes they collect dust, but they are the best overall option. Gift certificates aren't going to work in a travelling series. Cash payouts just create problems.

Besides, we are talking a series that will hit each track only a few times, so the individual tracks will still be able to run their normal stuff however they'd like: pay outs, gift certificates, prizes, trophies, whatever.

I would think that the biggest prize of all after winning a series like this would be bragging rights!
Old 03-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Just to clear some things up..........It was our idea to run a points series with a cash payout because we were not sure if the turnouts would justify spending money on trophies that would go unclaimed. ALSO, without support from our area hobby store we weren't going to do the certificate way. BUT times are changing and i have to say that i would support it either way, but I for one do not want to offer a cash prize. i would much rather work something out with a hobby store (i.e. KTHOBBIES) or get some nice hardware or T-shirts that the drivers could go away with. as far as Barber Racing this summer, i will know more by the end of this week. you guys will be the first to know when things start coming together.
Old 03-11-2003, 09:53 AM
R/C Tech Founder

We could get together with the tracks involved and get some t-shirts made that could be given out to the people who are racing in the series. Now that would rock.

And if we were doing a t-shirt, we could get some sponsors on there for the series as well.

Marc I never had a chance to talk to you at the Nats about that computer, email or PM me if you want more info on that or just let me know what you need and I'll see what I can do.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:44 PM
Tech Champion

Someone should get ahold of Scott Cramer from Flatout Decals and see what he can offer for shirts and what not if there is going to be a T shirt.....who knows he might even sponsor the serries?????

What would we call this potential serries??? I think the RC Tech Summer Challange Serries or RCTSCS....or what????

Hey whos going to be running the serries if everything works out?
Old 03-11-2003, 06:38 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I'd be happy to sponsor something except I have nothing to offer other than computer equipment and my own services. But an "R/C Tech" series would be sweet.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:56 PM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Kevin K
Hey whos going to be running the serries if everything works out?
I should be able to run it, depending how my summer goes. Most of them at least.
Old 03-11-2003, 08:26 PM
Tech Champion

Well I dont know how much support you need to offer Shane but I think the R/C Tech serries of some kind would be a cool name. I think that since you are providing us with the fourm to talk about this that you should get top billing and get the serries name of some kind.

Troy if you can handle it all then go for it....I think that we just need someone to get everything together and get it all organized. If anyone else would like to step up and help out speak out.....I know that I dont have as much time as I would like to help organize but I can do my best with working with the guys from Venture since I race there and have already talked with them about this potential serries.
Old 03-11-2003, 10:41 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I'm sure that I will end up organizing and/or running the Madison events, assuming that Madison is part of the series, one way or another. If we are looking at 2 events per track across 3 tracks (Madison, Barber and Venture although this is totally hypothetical since we don't know which tracks are running) that would make for a good 6-event series.
Old 03-12-2003, 07:25 AM
RCTech Member #2

Originally posted by Kevin K
Troy if you can handle it all then go for it....I think that we just need someone to get everything together and get it all organized. If anyone else would like to step up and help out speak out.....I know that I dont have as much time as I would like to help organize but I can do my best with working with the guys from Venture since I race there and have already talked with them about this potential serries.
Shiest.. no...no... hehe... nooo. I thought you were looking for everyone who is going to run it...a show of hands for who's racing outside this summer.. Not run it, as in race director stuff.

I meant I will run... as in... racing.. not run it, as in run the show. Sorry

Old 03-12-2003, 09:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

i don't think we need a "travelling" race director. i think that as long as all the tracks involved know and understand the rules and points we could find someone to take care of the points and let the tracks do the program right along with there normal race day. just a thought. i would be willing to do the points again, but may need some help.
Old 03-12-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

how 'bout...........

Touring Car Championship Series presented by RCTECH.NET

that way keeping with the name we've had for the past 2 years.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.