Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OFF-ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default OFF-ROAD CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES

Off-Road Championship series prestented by Rematch Racing.

Thought there should be an off-road racing series. So here is a low down of what's going on so far.

3 tracks have been contaced to host races. All 3 tracks have agreed to host a race.

UNFORTUNATELY, I have not confirmed any dates yet. This is where i'd like help getting some confirmed dates. I'm looking at running one race a month starting in January. I was thinking two weeks after the U.S. Touring car race. That would put the date on Jan 20th for the first race. No dates have been set yet and are subject to change. Here are the dates i was thinking about.

Jan 20th Dirt Heaven *confirmed*
Feb 3rd Trackside *confirmed*
Mar 10th R/C Performance

Please note that these dates are not confirmed with the track owners/proprieters. I am in the process of confirming them but wanted to get the ball rolling quicker. With the power of media. I'm hopeing that there's enough intrest to get this hyped up and moving forward. If you see a conflict in a date chosen. Please let me know and we'll look for another available date.

On to the classes to be run at the races.

*Sportsman* (open to novice racers) - This class will be run with either a truck, buggy, or 4wd car. Limited to stock motors and up to 4300 mah batteries. The class is meant for honing in ones skill.

*Stock Buggy* Stock motor and 4300 mah battery limit.
*stock Truck* Stock motor and 4300 mah battery limit.

*open buggy* No motor/battery limit. Open to Brushless or Lipo's as well.
*open truck* No motor/battery limit. Open to Brushless or Lipo's as well.
*open 4wd* No motor/battery limit. Open to Brushless or Lipo's as well.

The points will be tallied up best 2 out of 3 races. Entry fee will be $20 for the first class and $15 for each additional class. There will be prizes and trophies for the season finale. If there's enough intrest we may extend the series one more race in April. Then it would be best 3 out of 4 races. Let me know which way you want to go with the racing. If it goes to a fourth race. The host track will be the track that has the most entries.

Also thinking about haveing a track championship trophy. This would be a fun trophy that could travel between the tracks. For example. All racers would have to list a "Home" track on there entry. (the place you race at most often and consider home) We'd take the tracks top three finishers in each division and tally the points. Definetely let me know what you think about this one. I'm sure it can be tweaked a little or forgotten altogether.

If i forgot anything i will post it later. Please post away and let me know what you think and we'll be one step closer to making this a reality.

Big Thanks goes out to Team Paradigm for stepping up as a sponser for this race.

If there is anyone who has experience contacting companies for sponsorship. Please contact me, I would like to get some help on this as well.

I'll try to reply as quickly as possible. That's it for now, so post away.

Last edited by wolfden; 12-24-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Looks good Nate...

i would have to say no 4wd in sportsman.

you also may want to add 4300 brushless to the list of classes.i know trackside has alot of people that run it.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Tech Regular

Zac - I was thinking the same thing. Then i thought it wouldn't matter too much because everyone is still learning to drive.

Anyone else want to chime in on this subject. I'm neither for nor against this. What does everyone else think?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

If LiPos are allowed, do they have to meet a minimum weight?

Looks like a great series and I hope to make it to all of them. I usually can't make anything the first weekend of each month, but these should all work, if those dates stick.

Thanks for stepping up Nate
Old 11-30-2006, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

Originally Posted by wolfden
Off-Road Championship series prestented by Rematch Racing.

Thought there should be an off-road racing series. So here is a low down of what's going on so far.

3 tracks have been contaced to host races. All 3 tracks have agreed to host a race.

UNFORTUNATELY, I have not confirmed any dates yet. This is where i'd like help getting some confirmed dates. I'm looking at running one race a month starting in January. I was thinking two weeks after the U.S. Touring car race. That would put the date on Jan 20th for the first race. No dates have been set yet and are subject to change. Here are the dates i was thinking about.

Jan 20th Dirt Heaven
Feb 17th Trackside
Mar 10th R/C Performance

Please note that these dates are not confirmed with the track owners/proprieters. I am in the process of confirming them but wanted to get the ball rolling quicker. With the power of media. I'm hopeing that there's enough intrest to get this hyped up and moving forward. If you see a conflict in a date chosen. Please let me know and we'll look for another available date.

On to the classes to be run at the races.

*Sportsman* (open to novice racers) - This class will be run with either a truck, buggy, or 4wd car. Limited to stock motors and up to 4300 mah batteries. The class is meant for honing in ones skill.

*Stock Buggy* Stock motor and 4300 mah battery limit.
*stock Truck* Stock motor and 4300 mah battery limit.

*open buggy* No motor/battery limit. Open to Brushless or Lipo's as well.
*open truck* No motor/battery limit. Open to Brushless or Lipo's as well.
*open 4wd* No motor/battery limit. Open to Brushless or Lipo's as well.

The points will be tallied up best 2 out of 3 races. Entry fee will be $20 for the first class and $15 for each additional class. There will be prizes and trophies for the season finale. If there's enough intrest we may extend the series one more race in April. Then it would be best 3 out of 4 races. Let me know which way you want to go with the racing. If it goes to a fourth race. The host track will be the track that has the most entries.

Also thinking about haveing a track championship trophy. This would be a fun trophy that could travel between the tracks. For example. All racers would have to list a "Home" track on there entry. (the place you race at most often and consider home) We'd take the tracks top three finishers in each division and tally the points. Definetely let me know what you think about this one. I'm sure it can be tweaked a little or forgotten altogether.

If i forgot anything i will post it later. Please post away and let me know what you think and we'll be one step closer to making this a reality.

Big Thanks goes out to Team Paradigm for stepping up as a sponser for this race.

If there is anyone who has experience contacting companies for sponsorship. Please contact me, I would like to get some help on this as well.

I'll try to reply as quickly as possible. That's it for now, so post away.

I take it this is a "Wisconsin" off-road championship series since leasure hours is not included, and is a very nice off-road track ?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Leisure is awsome but at more than 200 miles for some of us a one day race in jan. makes for a long day. Ive done that twice and the last stretch coming home is tough.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:30 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I'll try to be there for all 3 of these. At RCP we've been running Lipo since last season in trucks (I just converted). The trucks meet ROAR (used as a guideline) legal weight but I think a buggy would be close. I know my B4 with a novak GTB setup and 3800's is approx. 6 oz. over minimum weight. It will likely be a non issue. Usually the fastest guys have more power with 6cells anyway.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for all the posts- i'll try to answer questions and see what the majority feels.

Wallstreet- Unfortunately i am a little late in getting this series started and didn't mean to leave anytracks out. I am looking at expanding this series next year to include them. If enough intrest evolves and racers from there participate in the series this year. I have no problem adding them as the april race. How does everyone feel about including Leisure Hours.

As for the lipo's and the legal weight. I suppose that they should meet the requirement for sanctioned racing. I don't have a scale to weight the cars. If anyone thinks that it needs to be addressed, then i'll need some help getting a scale for tech going on weighing vehicles and such.

Thanks for the responses and i invite any help and suggestions before we get the series started.

Later,
Old 11-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Leisure hours is fine with me but I am much farther south than many of the people that would want to participate in this series (Madison). Even from where I live it is about 3hrs to L.H.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Open should be open! No weight limit no motor limit... nothing!
Old 11-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schmidt452
Open should be open! No weight limit no motor limit... nothing!
I disagree open & everyother class should have a weight limit. Other than the wait I see open as being totally open.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 11-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Ahhh. Nate thank you. I can finally open my mouth. This will be awesome!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

AWESOME - Cole and I will make as many of these races as possible, hopefully all of them!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

As of now i'll be at all three. We'll leave Jeff at the hobbyshop on the other saturdays to run the show ,his wife will be calling anyway

I say run legal weight- no tech just honor system(no hack job cars either this aint carpet) Good luck laying that power down on a light car up here anyway. More lead the better. Gotta massage the trigger ya know.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

On this weight stuff.....

if you think about it on a b4 and a xxx-cr you add wieght to the car to make it handle better.......now wouldnt you think running lipo would be a disadvantage???

just my thought.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.