Venture Hobbies

Old 11-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Venture Hobbies

I have been going to Venture Hobbies pretty much for the last 19 years (WOW I am getting old!) ever since they were in the white strip mall on Dundee. They have been a great place to shop. But in the past several months I have noticed a lack of on road supplies (bodies, tires, kits, etc.). I even noticed in their display case that they now have a lot of tuned pipes and motors for off road. Does anyone know if Venture is moving away on road cars, specifically touring cars?

I remember a time where I'd come in and they'd have a couple of touring cars on the display case for others to look at...that's how I got into touring cars in the first place. I have to say I have been doing more and more online shopping and I am about to place another order online because they do not stock what I need...

I always want to support the local shops but...... Anyone else see this?
Old 11-07-2006, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Default hmmm

I don't depend on a shop having very much. If there's something I need specifically i'd order it and have them give me a call when it comes in. Al's, Leisure, Venture...they are all good. His and Her's also, for the basics, but I still need to place orders.

I like to spend money at His and Hers because they run a track. When I'm deep into the off road indoor season I spend money at Leisure for the same reason.

Although as we get better we are breaking less......
Old 11-07-2006, 01:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

One of the basic rules of retail is you sell what the market dictates....and right now that’s off-road nitro trucks and park flyers. Most hobby shops unless they have a track close to them or own one are not going to carry much more then the bare minimum for sedan racing products. There are not many on-road bashers out there anymore and Venture doesn’t have a track that is close so I’m sure that there are not many racers shopping there of late. I go there just to pick up basic hobby things if there is something that I need I can always have them order it but at the same time I need to spend some of that money at the tracks I race at so I have a place to race. With the exception of a few people there not many of the guys in the RC car dept know anything about on-road that might be part of the reason for less on-road products. I’m sure it just comes down to what the majority of the customers walking in the door are looking for. You can’t expect them to have rows of Sedan or on-road stuff to sell if no one comes in to buy it and when they have way more truck bashers walking in the door they need to have stuff for them to buy so they can keep the doors open.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that and most of the touring cars are gonna be new. so why carry old cars if no one is going to buy them. i have always shoped at venture for 20+ years. everything has its phase and right now it is not touring car. dont worry it will come back if we get a track around here that is carpet.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the bears suck
Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by matt d
the bears suck
Haterade is in aisle 3, sir...
Old 11-30-2006, 04:00 PM
Tech Fanatic