Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
New indoor Carpet track opening in Orland park >

New indoor Carpet track opening in Orland park

New indoor Carpet track opening in Orland park

Old 10-02-2006, 08:06 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

I really appreciate identifying this possible scammer. It really shows the quality of the guys on this thread. It's too bad. It would have been a good deal for the new track.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Default go for it

Someone bid on it and win. Send the guy monopoly money.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
Someone bid on it and win. Send the guy monopoly money.
0 feedback!!! Screw that scammer, send him a bag of sh!t anyway.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It looks like this dude from MI is completely full of BS.

*For Espo****

"Third Friend of Brasky: Did you know Bill Brasky is the godfather of my son?

Fourth Friend of Brasky: Bill Brasky?

First Friend of Brasky: He's a big fella!

Second Friend of Brasky: Oh yeah, he's a big guy! Goes about 6'7", 385.

Third Friend of Brasky: Well, anyway.. he shows up at the church in his golf pants, caked in mud. Well, ol' Bill Brasky pushes the priest aside and says, "I'll baptize that piece of calimari!" Then he pours Scotch all over my baby son and says, "There! You're baptized!"

Fourth Friend of Brasky: And your son is blind to this day!

First Friend of Brasky: Yeah, he makes brooms somewhere in Georgia, doesn't he?

Third Friend of Brasky: I have no idea. [ pause ] To Bill Brasky!

Together: Bill Brasky!!"
Old 10-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I know Bill Brasky too!

"Bill Brasky is the father of every kid in this town!"
"His poop is considered currency in Argentina."
"I once saw him scissor-kick Angela Lansbury."
"Did I ever tell you about the time Brasky took me out to go get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally Brasky takes me to a vacant lot and says, 'Here we are.' We sat there for a year and a half — until sure enough, someone constructs a bar around us. Well, the day they opened we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Brasky yelled over the roar of the flames, 'Always leave things the way you found 'em!'"
"He once punched a hole in a cow just to see who was coming up the road."
"He breastfeeds John Madden!"
"He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident."
"He slept with all of our wives, punched us in the face, and we loved him for it."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_brasky
Old 10-03-2006, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

Are you guys talking about Brasky or Chuck Norris?
Old 10-03-2006, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Chuck, I served with Bill Brasky. I knew Bill Brasky, Bill Brasky was a friend of mine. Chuck Norris, you are no Bill Brasky.......... ....the best damned salesman in the office.
Old 10-03-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Latest updates

The bids continue to flourish on the ebay AMB system. I saw that there is a system on this forum for sale. Any one have any comments on either sale? Also Rob, did not hear from CRC at all. Hoping to receive paperwork tomorrow from landlord.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:42 AM
MD
Tech Champion

I emailed the seller a few days ago. In his response he included pictures of the system. It included a race program. He offered to sell it me off Ebay for $1450. I asked him another question, and he did not respond. It was a great offer for that system. Then I started receiving other emails from Ebay members saying this seller is scammer. So, I am not sure what to think. One suggestion is to ask the seller if he is a scammer, and see if you get a response.
Old 10-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

From my ebay experience.....$1450 is definitely a good price, however, still don't know that is the latest AMB-it system or the older one that does not support the personal transponder.....that is a BIG DEAL.

Also, no matter what HT decide...use CREDIT CARD....credit card company is our friend (BUYER).......I had mulitple scammer incident thru EBAY and PAYPAL...paid them and never receive nothing. Then I phone my Credit card company, forward them the ebay/paypal item #, explain to them I was cheated by a scammer...within hours (same day)...CC company refund me the money without even giving me all the BS like EBAY and PAYPAL did.

Don't bother to ask EBAY and PAYPAL to help you.......you have 30 days to resolve the whole thing by yourself, NOT EBAY or PAYPAL, but they will hold on as long as possible..untill the 32nd day, they will tell you you are no longer be able to file or get your money back...

Trust credit card company...not ebay or paypal.
Old 10-04-2006, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default track

Originally Posted by PhatPat
Hobbytown USA ((Orland park) 708-349-8697) just signed a least for a carpet track in Orland Park. Construction begins in about 10 days. 2 carpet tracks are being laid down, one for 1/10th scale and one for 1/18th scale. The 1/10th scale track is suppose to be large like the cleveland indoor champs track. The 1/18th track is suppose to be a pretty good size too.

I called HT and spoke with the owner and he verified the info. They have to clean up the building, order the carpet, and purchase the transponder system. He is also looking for suggestions from racers since he has never done this before.

Steve is the name of the owner. 708-349-8697

This is a good thing
can I get a address like to see how far it is from Spfld IL any info will help..thanx Kevin
Old 10-04-2006, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

It's supposed to be at 159th and LaGrange, so you could try 15900 S. Lagrange in Orland Park.
Old 10-04-2006, 04:51 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Orland Park would be 2-3 hours from Springfield. Have you ever raced at the track run by RC Shack? I think it's in Mahomet, IL.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:23 AM
Tech Rookie

sup guys. im new to this fourm. and i saw this. I live in Villa Park which is about 30 mins from orland park. im just getting into 1/10 touring cars. and i was looking for a track. the only other one i found that was close was leisure hours and the hobbytown in st. charles. what cars do you guys plan on racing here. any suggestions for someone new to 1/10 onroad
Old 10-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Thumbs up track

Originally Posted by MD
Orland Park would be 2-3 hours from Springfield. Have you ever raced at the track run by RC Shack? I think it's in Mahomet, IL.
no never been there I been to AJ's / IRP that is now closed and trackside in WI....we have a track here as well www.allensrccars.com and 1 about a hr away in Roxana IL by STL keep me posted when thers a big race there or even the club races we come run if its on a weekend ......Kevin

Last edited by Customworksking; 10-07-2006 at 07:44 AM. Reason: oooppps

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.