Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
New indoor Carpet track opening in Orland park >

New indoor Carpet track opening in Orland park

New indoor Carpet track opening in Orland park

Old 09-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Of course, race on weekdays are always welcome.........if I am the owner, why would I close the track on the weekday but leave the hobbytown store open..? I am sure he will leave the track OPEN PRACTICE when the HT is open and close, then he will have the option hosting some weekday NIGHT race like the old RSJ track.........

And I know TINLEY and LEISURE had some weekday 1/18th races before...that is a must.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Solara you know you still won't go racing!!!!! But i can go anytime since it will be 5 minutes away from my work.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 74VWTECH
Solara you know you still won't go racing!!!!! But i can go anytime since it will be 5 minutes away from my work.
Bastard.............I am going to move to Orland Park this week and get ready for some serious racing. If not........I move to Wisconsin and be a PACKER fans.
Old 09-26-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bob Schoenau
WOW!!! good news in our back yard (15minutes away)....looks like retirement gets postponed....i'll stop over there and see what's up and post.
Bob....get this all worked out for us....so there is one more place to race....just keep Dave out or else it will be all 12th scale mod....
Old 09-26-2006, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eddie
How about some mid week racing , like wed or thurs nights , just a shortened schedule , 2 quals and main etc , they race weekdays out west why cant us ?
This would be nice.

Thursday sounds good

Just wondering....what is the place opening? A HobbyTown or different hobby store? Also is that area populated or boondocks?
Old 09-26-2006, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default urban

Orland was the boonies long ago... Used to hunt pheasant there! Now its another urban bedroom community. Thank God! Now I can race close to home.
Old 09-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Orland Park is very populated. Nice area reminds me of naperville. High property values. A lease for a building has got be expensive.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Elite

Nexus, not sure what you are asking, but, The guy who owns the HT in Orland is opening the track (at a different location from the store).
From what I understand, the track location is in a storefront with poor visibillity from the roads & therefore is a less desireable location for retail. This is a good thing as it keeps the rent down.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Info on New Orland Park Track

Guys,

I have been reading the posts for the last few days and I am happy to see the excitement shown for a new track. We will do our best to make this a facility that will be good for indoor electric racing.

The track will be at 159th and LaGrange Rd in the same shopping plaza as the hobby store (HobbyTown USA). The new building located behind the JoAnn Fabric Store and is large (9,000 sq ft.) It does have several large poles, but I think we can work around it. Nick Smrt reviewed the building with me several months ago, and said it would work great.

It is in a high retail location. There are several restaurants Buffalo Wild Wings, TGI Fridays, Harrisons Brewery, A&W(Long John Silver) even a Sushi place within walking distance. The hobby store is in walking distance, car ride if in a hurry. There are several hotels within 1 mile for any out of town visitors.

We hope to take possesion of the building by October 1st. I will have an open house soon after and I invite you all to come by and throw in your two cents.

We have received several calls from people volunteering to help with the builing of the track. At the Open House, we will review the tasks that need to be completed, and look for volunteers.

We are trying to locate a scoring system. AMB is currently 6 weeks backordered, for their new system. I would like to locate a system for sale. If anyone has a lead on one please contact me. If anyone has a contact for CRC carpet let me know that as well.

As far as scheduling goes, we will listen to what the majority wants for race days. The track can and will be open during the week. Weekday racing is a possibility, if the turnout is there. The building will also serve other hobbies and interests as well. We are planning a slot car track, a birthday party room, and a gaming (Magic, WarHammer, Flames of War) area.

If you have any questions, please call Hobbytown Orland Park at 708-349-TOYS(8697).
Old 09-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default AJ

Didn't AJ own the AMB in Dekalb?

I highly doubt he has any need for it anymore.

Maybe find him?
Old 09-27-2006, 01:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default game on

just back from HT....nice to meet Steve.....everything looking good.....lease/paperwork only thing holding up getting started.....guys this place and area is awesome .....we'll have everything anyone could ask for....food, hardware stores, and hobby shop within walking distance, parking is decent....the building is 9,000 sq. feet and well lit.....lets all remember to support HT and this track......Wally are you out there somewhere? Steve needs a scoring system (at least till AMB is available) any and all help is welcome......and Shane (IRP) need to find you and get my scale back....for the racetrack to use.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

HTUSA,
I may have a line on an AMB for you, I'll email when I hear more.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

yes yes yes this sounds very promising . glad to see that there is a track in a populated area. here in illinois.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Tinley's AMB is owned by Leisure now....I believed.
Old 09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Tech Regular

Just talked to the owner Steve... man am I excited... Schoenau and Espo are all over this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.