Wiki Posts
Search

indoor sedan racing

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2001, 06:38 AM
Administrator

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default indoor sedan racing

hey guys, now that we have been in the building for a few weeks, i would like to know what everyone is thinking.....are the races being run the way you like????are they done in a timely matter????would you like to see any changes????let me know, so we can get better...
Old 11-03-2001, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Even though I'm not a member, I don't think there is really anything wrong with the program you put on. Some people might think the breaks are too long but, I like the breaks in between rounds, I don't like to be rushed. I'm not on time for the races even when there is a long break. What time are you guys open in the morning? Marc is coming this week, going to try to be there by 8

Jason
Old 11-03-2001, 03:00 PM
R/C Tech Founder

There should be somebody there to open by 8. Between Jeff G, Matt, Nick, Charlie and myself, one of us is usually there early, so feel free to come early and practice.

I agree that long breaks can be good, but the key is consistency. If we are going to, for example, do 20 minute breaks between rounds, we just need to set that beforehand and stick to it. I think things have run pretty well so far this season, I haven't heard any major complaints.
Old 11-03-2001, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The length of breaks is irrelevant to me but I do like consistency - such as one round of racing per hour. That gives you plenty of time to get your work done and maybe run out for eats but also finish the program in a reasonable time.
Old 11-03-2001, 07:15 PM
Administrator

i thought we were doing all the things above....but, thanks for the imput...
Old 11-04-2001, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I agree with slots about the 1 hour per round. This way you can plan the schedule of charging batteries and getting a bite to eat

Last edited by Kraig; 11-04-2001 at 09:53 AM.
Old 11-04-2001, 04:51 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Things were pretty close to that today. We had about 30 racers, which broke down into 6 qualifying heats. We did a 15 minute break in between each round, so it ended up being something like 50-55 minutes per round after a few minutes' grace and so on.

We ran all 3 round and the mains and were done a little before 5. Not bad at all. Hopefully things will go just as smoothly next week too...
Old 11-04-2001, 05:58 PM
Administrator

shane it was pretty close to an hour, hour ten per round....things went well....just keep it goiong till i get back....
Old 12-20-2001, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Default Re: indoor sedan racing

i will ask this question again....imput is good.....

QUOTE]Originally posted by mr. losi
hey guys, now that we have been in the building for a few weeks, i would like to know what everyone is thinking.....are the races being run the way you like????are they done in a timely matter????would you like to see any changes????let me know, so we can get better... [/QUOTE]