Wiki Posts
Search

ATTENTION ALL MINI-COOPER RACERS

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ATTENTION ALL MINI-COOPER RACERS

At tonight's Tuesday racing at Trackside, I was approached by a lady who has formed the Milwaukee Mini Cooper car club. They are a new club and will be participating in the Wauwatosa Fourth of July parade with about 15 real mini coopers driving in the parade. She invited us RC Mini Cooper racers to join them in the parade, to walk the 1.7 mile parade route driving our RC Mini Coopers as entertainment for the crowds.

This could be a great way to introduce RC cars, and RC Mini Coopers in particular, to a very large audience. I told her I would definitely put together a group to participate, with Nathan & I definitely willing to go, and to get as many of us mini drivers as I can to join us. My thought is to rc drive the route along with the parade, but as with all parades, there are many times where the parade gets held up giving us brief stops. I thought we could bring along a handful of discs, and every time the parade stops, we toss out the discs on the pavement and have an imprompto "race".

I talked to Scotty, and he is going to have a small flyer put together (thanks Russ Schacht) that we can hand out to those interested in the crowd, inviting them to join us for mini mini cooper racing on Tuesday nights at Trackside, and probably having a 4th of July week special package for a kit for sale at Trackside.

This is definitely a "more the merrier event", so I'm hoping that we can get a good number of us to turn out for this parade. I would suggest you set up with treaded tires (the parade route will definitely be untreated pavement), bring as many pre charged stick packs as you can, and come have fun. Nathan and I will be there, Andy Black said yes tonight, and I'm sure we can get more to come. You must run a Mini Cooper body, either old school or new school would be fine. Wear comfortable shoes, and red white and blue. Meet at 7:45 am at the parking lot across from Mayfair Mall (Heritage House, 2323 N. Mayfair Road) and we will go together to the parade staging area.) It would be nice to have a couple of family members of the rc drivers who could walk with us, handing out flyers, toss out the plastic discs when we race, maybe even carrying the Trackside Banner.

You can check out the club website at www.milwaukeeMINIS.com .

Who can attend and have fun?
Old 06-14-2006, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Dave, sounds like a blast you can count Matt and I in.

Would you be interested in maybe having a convertible running just ahead of us with Trackside banners on the sides? I have a convertible and a driver if your interested.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Originally Posted by Steven Key
Dave, sounds like a blast you can count Matt and I in.

Would you be interested in maybe having a convertible running just ahead of us with Trackside banners on the sides? I have a convertible and a driver if your interested.
Not unless you just acquired a MINI.

I'm hoping we can put the trackside banner on one of the 15 or so MINI's in the group.

Should we develop a "routine" for our performance - be the Shriners of the RC world??

Since we are supposed to wear patriotic colors, and this year's TCS shirts are red, I think I will email Fred Madel (once I see how many wish to participate)and see if he can send us new shirts to wear. Two XL's for you and Matt?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Sounds like it would be fun, how soon do you need to know about attending. I have to check with the Mrs. before I can commit though.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anytime - we don't need reservations or anything, but I would like to give them a clue a couple days in advance if possible as to our numbers. I will try to get us TCS shirts from Tamiya and want to call them by the end of the week - if you can come, what size t-shirt would you want if I can get them?

Originally Posted by CSeils
Sounds like it would be fun, how soon do you need to know about attending. I have to check with the Mrs. before I can commit though.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Spoke with Fred at Tamiya and he will ship us some T shirts. I need to email him by the end of the week, so if you can come, please let me know by then and give me your t-shirt size. Thanks Fred!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

If I didn't have previous plans & my car didn't just die. I would surely be willing to come down & have some fun. Good luck & have lots of fun, take some pictures if you can.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 06-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Addict

Should we develop a "routine" for our performance - be the Shriners of the RC world??
I like it, maybe we should practice

Your right, XL shirts for both me and Matt.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Talking

Looks like six of us so far (I think Boomer said he would join us). Maybe we'll have more mini Mini's then real Mini's??

Hey, did you know that Hertz rents mini-coopers at some locations. I was just looking for a rental car for TCS Nationals and you can select a mini, but a bit pricey. Thought it would be cool to show up at Nationals to race mini Mini's in a MINI! (Try saying that 10 times fast)
Old 06-16-2006, 06:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by minidriver
Looks like six of us so far (I think Boomer said he would join us). Maybe we'll have more mini Mini's then real Mini's??

Hey, did you know that Hertz rents mini-coopers at some locations. I was just looking for a rental car for TCS Nationals and you can select a mini, but a bit pricey. Thought it would be cool to show up at Nationals to race mini Mini's in a MINI! (Try saying that 10 times fast)
Boomer is in. Amber has offered to carry a trackside banner but we need to find someone to man the other side. I am trying to get some of the other guys to join us. I will keep you updated.

Boomer
Old 06-16-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ok: Roll call so far is Boomer, Amber Ernst, Nathan Weir, David Weir , Andy Black, Carl Seils (maybe), Steve Key, Matt Key. More can still participate, the more the merrier. Tamiya is shipping me red TCS t-shirts, and I ordered a few extra to use for those yet to volunteer.

Anyone else wish to join us?
Old 06-16-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

Come-On all you Mini guys, this should be fun and we can promote our hobby and Trackside at the same time.
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Okay, fellow mini'ers. I should be able to make it on the fourth, depending on the weather.

I have a couple of questions though since we will be running on pavement: What type of tire?
Anyone changing their ride height?
How many packs do you think I need?
Can I bring a quick charger?

Thanks
Old 06-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CSeils
Okay, fellow mini'ers. I should be able to make it on the fourth, depending on the weather.

I have a couple of questions though since we will be running on pavement: What type of tire?
Anyone changing their ride height?
How many packs do you think I need?
Can I bring a quick charger?

Thanks
Great you can make it, I had already ordered up a tshirt for you.

I would put ride height up a bit, may 7mm or so. Tosa streets aren't bad, but they aren't pool tables either. I'm planning on S grip rears, m grips up front, but have yet to test it out on pavement. I will do a test soon and post my suggestions.

Bring as many packs as you can, precharged. Nathan and I will have eight or so packs between us to use, including two 3800s'. If you had a charger with a cigarette plug on it, I imagine one of the real mini cooper drivers might allow you to charge a battery, but that's iffy. A charger with alligator clips wouldn't work. That is, unless someone has a spare real car or marine battery that we could throw in a mini-cooper trunk with a couple of chargers attached - anyone?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

I am just going to use old tires and as many batteries as i can find.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.