Al's Hobbies This Summer?

Old 04-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Al's Hobbies This Summer?

So has anyone heard anything official yet from Al's in Elmhurst if they are running a track this Summer?

Over the Winter there was rumor they might but I haven't heard or seen anything yet.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If Al's runs a decent and fun program it might turn into Rookie's home track! LOL

Isn't that in your backyard Rookie?

Either way I will BASH you at that track too But would be nice to have something that close. Similar to how HTOP...that was close and real laid back for racing.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
If Al's runs a decent and fun program it might turn into Rookie's home track! LOL

Isn't that in your backyard Rookie?

Either way I will BASH you at that track too But would be nice to have something that close. Similar to how HTOP...that was close and real laid back for racing.
You didn't see the semi all working on my backyard...?

I really don't know anything about Al's now....they were saying there will be a track this summer, and now summer is about 4 weeks away, and they only track in Elmhurst area is my basement Xmod/Mini-z Track sponcered by RS...

Nexus....I found a very good place to do bashing around my house, when I was there this afternoon with my daugher, saw 2 guys runnning some off road car (don't know they are electric or gas, kinda quiet, I think they are electric)........but the rear parking lot is totally new, flat and empty.....I think that is a perfect place for the 1/8th and 75mph WOT....
Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It would be nice to have another place to race outdoors this summer.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

AJS Dekalb, IL. now its Intense Raceway theyll be running outdoor soon offroad.finally new layout new dirt .hope theyll make it first week of May check it out.45 min. from Chicago I-80 .
Old 04-18-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Al's

Rookie-

Count me in for some parking lot 'test & tune' action...I'll bring the cones!

Let me know the time and place-
Eric
Old 04-19-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
Rookie-

Eric
Of course, once I have my car back from California (currently the whole car is in service cause I have zero time to work the car)....then I will gether NEXUS and you to break in the 1/8th...

Just not sure running 3 1/8th in a open parking lot is a problem or not...
Old 04-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Default not yet

I stopped into Al's last night. I asked about their plans.

Still nothing definitive on them running races.
Old 04-24-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
Rookie-

Eric
I would worry about the Elmhurst Police first.......thats why we need NEXUS to run with us just in case he can do the 'COPS TALK" if we all got pull over by them running 75mph over a 10 mph parking lot speed zone........
Old 04-24-2006, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

I have a good idea . Instead of all these people trying to get a million tracks with 10 guys each, we all go to the same track and get to race together.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wallstreet
I have a good idea . Instead of all these people trying to get a million tracks with 10 guys each, we all go to the same track and get to race together.
Because Elmhurst is very close and we don't always want to drive 1+ hours to get to a track.

When there was Tinley, HTOP, Leisure, and Venture all those tracks had pretty good turnouts at the same time.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (93%+)

and there out of business or closed now. so instead of trying some upstart track go to one that has the facitlies for racing and support it, so it too doesnt close. Leasure and Irp are the 2 tracks, go to one of them and help keep the doors open
Old 04-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

and there out of business or closed now. so instead of trying some upstart track go to one that has the facitlies for racing and support it, so it too doesnt close. Leasure and Irp are the 2 tracks, go to one of them and help keep the doors open
Wow....with this logic we would all still be driving Ford Model T's.

What don’t you get that everyone doesn’t want to drive 1 hour plus to get to a track? Not everyone lives as close as you do to the IRP and Leisure. If there is a track closer then people will go to it’s as simple as that. People will take the path of least resistance and less travel time. There is nothing wrong with more tracks....more tracks mean more exposure for the sport/hobby. Not everyone makes it to the back roads of DeKalb or Joliet to see a RC car track. Downtown Elmhurst would be a great location if Al's does get around to setting up a track.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Tinley didn't close because of money/turnouts...it was Walts personal decision to close the track. He was pulling in more racers then any summer onroad track in IL/WI.

HTOP - You don't even know about. It was never a serious "racer" venue but had pretty good turnouts as well. The hobby store is still open does good business the owner just couldn't secure the parking lot since it wasn't his.

The place was popular because it was in Oak Park in a populated area.

Leisure - Probably has more turnouts overall then any track in the area

---

Al's would probably gain a good following as well if they ever found a spot. Their hobby store is always busy and has a big following. Most of that is because it's in Elmhurst...again a populated area.

Like it or not this RC thing is dominated by the hobbyist and basher...not the true racers.

-----

On that note....Rookie don't make me post the Solara Raceway video! LOL
Old 04-24-2006, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Not to mention that filling up with a tank of gas these days will cost a small fortune.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.