R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Web Links

Old 12-04-2005, 08:36 PM   #1
Tech Master

Send a message via MSN to Platinum_Racing
Exclamation Revisions To Our Site!

We just finished updating the design of our Rides page (Located at www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Rides.html) and we were wondering if there is anyone here who would be kind enough to let us know what they think of it. We are in the middle of a campaign to make our site more accesible, more efficient, faster, and easier to surf. If anyone has any ideas that would help us reach our goal please tell us. We would love to hear your ideas.

Thanks guys!
Platinum_Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:48 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
We just finished updating the design of our Rides page (Located at www.TeamPlatinumRacing.com/Rides.html) and we were wondering if there is anyone here who would be kind enough to let us know what they think of it. We are in the middle of a campaign to make our site more accesible, more efficient, faster, and easier to surf. If anyone has any ideas that would help us reach our goal please tell us. We would love to hear your ideas.

Thanks guys!
Well I checked out your site again as requested. The rides page to me hasn't changed at all. I have been to your site a couple times. Maybe you could point out the changes. I am on a high speed cable connection & have problems with your site loading fast. On that page you have 34 images loading. You can cut that in half easily. Lose the text images and use regular text. Even though they are small images they still take up loading time. I think you rc thumbnails are a good size right now. Try my suggestion above & see what happens.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-06-2005, 07:45 PM   #3
Tech Master

We had problems with that too. Your browser cache is storing the old site layout...you have to click refresh or clear your cache. That does the trick for us! The text is anti-ailiased...which is why it is in a picture format. I will test it out and see how it works. I too am on a high speed connection. We are looking around for a faster solution, including an in-house server.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:48 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via AIM to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via MSN to Wicked-Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Wicked-Wayz

Quote:
We had problems with that too. Your browser cache is storing the old site layout...you have to click refresh or clear your cache. That does the trick for us! The text is anti-ailiased...which is why it is in a picture format. I will test it out and see how it works. I too am on a high speed connection. We are looking around for a faster solution, including an in-house server.
I clear my cache everyday. I actually have my browser set to do so. The section is still coming up the same.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-06-2005, 10:09 PM   #5
Tech Master

Were the pics three wide instead of two wide?

If not then it looks like we have a problem... What browser are you using? Here all we use on every computer is FireFox (None of that ActiveX security BS in IE ).

We tweaked the size and position of the borders and the pictures, as well as tied up any loose ends from when we first designed the page. (It was the second page we made while building the site, so things were hectic back then.) We took the 2 wide platform and turned it into a 3 wide platform, as well as added the link for my XXX-T MFE. Over time, we have gone to just about every page and made every header the same size, font, and designation. Some cars were in caps, some were in bold...it was a living Hell because we had 3 different people all working on it at once, plus one more piping up in the backround making it harder. Finally I think we have every page done!

Next we hope to play with the PayPal coding to make the dropdown menu narrower to fit on the sidebar we're using without hanging over. After that we just might add some flare elements in the form of little JPG images and such. We will make up some test pages and see how they go over with execution times and whatnot. We also still need to look into a faster server!

Any other ideas?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:15 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Were the pics three wide instead of two wide?
If not then it looks like we have a problem... What browser are you using? Here all we use on every computer is FireFox (None of that ActiveX security BS in IE ).
They are showing up three wide for me. Maybe my cache is still keeping somethings. Internet Exploder now way not at all. I use Mozilla FireFox is there really anything else? . I have no more ideas off the top of my head.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 12-07-2005, 06:05 PM   #7
Tech Master

The 3 wide layout is part of the new update, so it looks like everything is working.