Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tracking RC race results with www.rc-stats.com

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Default Tracking RC race results with www.rc-stats.com

I have created a site for collecting and organizing race results (taking the flat text filed created using RC Scoring Pro) http://www.rc-stats.com This is a free service to tracks and racers.

A bit of history on the site, this is a side project that I created over the last few months. I had been collecting and organizing my own race data for a while, and got excited about creating an automated system to share this with more people. I have been gradually scaling up and adding more features (we now have a ranking system organized by class and track!). The site goes beyond just showing the final results, it gives you several ways to view your lap times or compare your consistency to the other racers. There are also general statistics (most wins, etc) about each track in the system.

So if you have a local track you want to have included on the site, please get it touch with me on rctech or via the contact information on the site and I will help you get going.

I have a quick video guide to demonstrate the functionality:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You can also follow the site on facebook http://www.facebook.com/RCStats
Old 08-20-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Sounds really cool, I'll check it out!
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by iterator
I have created a site for collecting and organizing race results (taking the flat text filed created using RC Scoring Pro) http://www.rc-stats.com This is a free service to tracks and racers.

A bit of history on the site, this is a side project that I created over the last few months. I had been collecting and organizing my own race data for a while, and got excited about creating an automated system to share this with more people. I have been gradually scaling up and adding more features (we now have a ranking system organized by class and track!). The site goes beyond just showing the final results, it gives you several ways to view your lap times or compare your consistency to the other racers. There are also general statistics (most wins, etc) about each track in the system.

So if you have a local track you want to have included on the site, please get it touch with me on rctech or via the contact information on the site and I will help you get going.

I have a quick video guide to demonstrate the functionality:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You can also follow the site on facebook http://www.facebook.com/RCStats
Awesome Idea! You need to get into contact with Live RC, RC Scoring Pro, ROAR and others. This is a great idea to help bring a national and regional points system into place. Not rushing into anything, but this could be an awesome thing for our sport!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
Awesome Idea! You need to get into contact with Live RC, RC Scoring Pro, ROAR and others. This is a great idea to help bring a national and regional points system into place. Not rushing into anything, but this could be an awesome thing for our sport!
Thank you very much! I am excited to see it starting to grow, with a few more tracks we will be able to start making some larger comparisons. There are allot of decisions to be made in a points system, so hopefully we can get some solid discussion.

The system I am using for calculating relative skill levels is working much better at the level of a single track, it will be a fun challenge to get a system working across multiple tracks where mixing/travelling of racers may not be as frequent.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How can you expect all the classid's to be the same coming from different computers?
Old 08-25-2012, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jmackani
How can you expect all the classid's to be the same coming from different computers?
If by classid's you mean the name of the class (IE 'mod buggy'), I am just finishing putting a system in place to collapse similar class names to a single official class name (the admin's will be able to control the mappings, example "2wd mod bug" --> "modified buggy"). Which I hope will catch most of the common cases.