R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Web Links

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
iterator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 375
Default Tracking RC race results with www.rc-stats.com

I have created a site for collecting and organizing race results (taking the flat text filed created using RC Scoring Pro) http://www.rc-stats.com This is a free service to tracks and racers.

A bit of history on the site, this is a side project that I created over the last few months. I had been collecting and organizing my own race data for a while, and got excited about creating an automated system to share this with more people. I have been gradually scaling up and adding more features (we now have a ranking system organized by class and track!). The site goes beyond just showing the final results, it gives you several ways to view your lap times or compare your consistency to the other racers. There are also general statistics (most wins, etc) about each track in the system.

So if you have a local track you want to have included on the site, please get it touch with me on rctech or via the contact information on the site and I will help you get going.

I have a quick video guide to demonstrate the functionality:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


You can also follow the site on facebook http://www.facebook.com/RCStats
__________________
Anthony Honstain - rc-stats.com and tweakstation.com
B5M and B44.3 - Reedy Powered
TRCR -Tacoma RC
iterator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
T. Herwig's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Somerset, PA
Posts: 2,373
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to T. Herwig
Default

Sounds really cool, I'll check it out!
__________________
Tyler Herwig
Tekno RC teknorc.com ∙ JConcepts jconcepts.net ∙ Spider Hobbies spiderhobbies.com ∙ SMC smc-racing.net ∙ Upgrade RC upgrade-rc.com ∙ Kustom RC Graphics kustomrcgraphics.com
T. Herwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
Tech Addict
 
chubbspeterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ridgemont
Posts: 518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iterator View Post
I have created a site for collecting and organizing race results (taking the flat text filed created using RC Scoring Pro) http://www.rc-stats.com This is a free service to tracks and racers.

A bit of history on the site, this is a side project that I created over the last few months. I had been collecting and organizing my own race data for a while, and got excited about creating an automated system to share this with more people. I have been gradually scaling up and adding more features (we now have a ranking system organized by class and track!). The site goes beyond just showing the final results, it gives you several ways to view your lap times or compare your consistency to the other racers. There are also general statistics (most wins, etc) about each track in the system.

So if you have a local track you want to have included on the site, please get it touch with me on rctech or via the contact information on the site and I will help you get going.

I have a quick video guide to demonstrate the functionality:
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


You can also follow the site on facebook http://www.facebook.com/RCStats
Awesome Idea! You need to get into contact with Live RC, RC Scoring Pro, ROAR and others. This is a great idea to help bring a national and regional points system into place. Not rushing into anything, but this could be an awesome thing for our sport!
__________________
Mike Demone
7-Eleven, National Accounts Manager
Ridgemont, CA, 90026
"I vowed to never let this happen.."
chubbspeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #4
Tech Regular
 
iterator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbspeterson View Post
Awesome Idea! You need to get into contact with Live RC, RC Scoring Pro, ROAR and others. This is a great idea to help bring a national and regional points system into place. Not rushing into anything, but this could be an awesome thing for our sport!
Thank you very much! I am excited to see it starting to grow, with a few more tracks we will be able to start making some larger comparisons. There are allot of decisions to be made in a points system, so hopefully we can get some solid discussion.

The system I am using for calculating relative skill levels is working much better at the level of a single track, it will be a fun challenge to get a system working across multiple tracks where mixing/travelling of racers may not be as frequent.
__________________
Anthony Honstain - rc-stats.com and tweakstation.com
B5M and B44.3 - Reedy Powered
TRCR -Tacoma RC
iterator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
jmackani's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Shippensburg
Posts: 5,604
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

How can you expect all the classid's to be the same coming from different computers?
__________________
LCRC Raceway http://www.lostcreekcycles.com/lcrc.htm
Proline Racing http:://www.prolineracing.com
jmackani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
iterator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 375
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackani View Post
How can you expect all the classid's to be the same coming from different computers?
If by classid's you mean the name of the class (IE 'mod buggy'), I am just finishing putting a system in place to collapse similar class names to a single official class name (the admin's will be able to control the mappings, example "2wd mod bug" --> "modified buggy"). Which I hope will catch most of the common cases.
__________________
Anthony Honstain - rc-stats.com and tweakstation.com
B5M and B44.3 - Reedy Powered
TRCR -Tacoma RC
iterator is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:46 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net