R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Web Links

Old 07-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Default Buyer beware - http://www.rc-cars24.com

The last month I've been buying parts for 3 kits (Losi 1/24 Truggy, Tamiya F104 v2 F1 car and Xray T3 2012) along with all the pit gear and tools I'll need to get back into racing.
When local Hobby shops don't have something or are over priced I've gone online using power sellers on eBay, direct from suppliers like Team Associated and from online stores such as the great RCMart.

I got stuck buying some Hudy tools not in stock from my main suppliers, so went to Google and came across this site:
http://www.rc-cars24.com

I found what I was looking for, the owner of the site Stopka Roman Lorettostr. 7, 2443 Leithaprodersdorf, Austria showed up on some Google searches.
He had Paypal, so felt good.

I placed my order for 182,46 EUR and got sent an automated order confirmation, this was on 8th July.
The order confirmation said there would be an email once the goods had shipped.
19th July, no email or any sign of my goods.
This is when the issue started.

I tried emailing asking about the status of my order, everything was in stock so it should shipped - no reply.
I asked if there was a delay or maybe he didn't have all parts in stock - no reply.
I emailed several times up until 25th July, at one time I used his online webform to try and contact him assuming that maybe my emails where getting blocked by SPAM filter etc (and yes I checked my own) - no reply.

In the end I've given up with this guy, but not my money.
I have opened a case with Paypal to get my money back.

This forum has been a great help to me the last month or so with my research and the links to good sites and nice buyers.
So I've posted this to warn other users of this forum NOT TO PURCHASE from RC-Cars24 as this guy is a joke!
Telinoz1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:13 AM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Paypal claim went my way, as expected.
At least I got my money back, but what a complete waste of time....

Misleading website as well.
After Paypal chased him, he suddenly discovered the power of speech!
Sent me an email saying 20% of the parts are in stock and the rest would be 2-3 weeks or more. Funny how the website showed parts in stock....
So from 8th July to 27th July + 2-3 weeks, hmmm. Longest lead times I've ever heard of, no wait! It's because he never bothered with my order until yesterday! tada!
Telinoz1975 is offline   Reply With Quote