R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Web Links (https://www.rctech.net/forum/web-links-8/)
-   -   RC Parts Made in USA (https://www.rctech.net/forum/web-links/337240-rc-parts-made-usa.html)

whipnet 10-19-2009 06:09 PM

RC Parts Made in USA

I have compiled a list of RC manufacturers and part makers that make their parts in the U.S. if anyone is interested.

RC Made in USA <--

Click on the company name for information. Also all parts listed on RCCOH.com that are Made in USA have a banner beside the part.

I'll be constantly updating it, researching and adding but hopefully not removing.

oXYnary 10-19-2009 06:39 PM

Kudos. I believe some of BRPs cars/items are made in US (minus the screws and bearing bits).

JatoTheRipper 10-20-2009 05:43 AM

Good idea! Nice work so far, but I have one question.

What are your "rules" for allowing companies on this list? I guarantee most of the electronics are made overseas. Just because a company is based in the US doesn't mean its parts are made here.

whipnet 10-20-2009 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6496598)
Good idea! Nice work so far, but I have one question.

What are your "rules" for allowing companies on this list? I guarantee most of the electronics are made overseas. Just because a company is based in the US doesn't mean its parts are made here.

The list includes companies that R&D the parts here, manufacturer them here and use at least 90% U.S. materials, however most are 100% materials.

Steve. 10-20-2009 05:33 PM

It's nice to see a list like that, I always buy "made in USA" whenever possible. My other hobby is HiFi, not Home Theater, 2 channel audio. I'm happy to say my amps, preamp, and digital processor are made here in the USA. Speakers and tuner are built in Canada eh, SACD player is from Japan It's difficult and pricey finding any consumer electronics built here which is too bad, the US was the top producer of quality audio gear for 50 years, now everyone builds or sub-assembles overseas. I am the same way with tools, I'll pay the money for MAC or Snap-On because the metals used are far superior to cheap knock offs.

JatoTheRipper 10-21-2009 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by whipnet (Post 6496664)
The list includes companies that R&D the parts here, manufacturer them here and use at least 90% U.S. materials, however most are 100% materials.

I just find it hard to believe that Novak's electronics are made from 90% American materials and assembled in the USA. But if so that's awesome!

whipnet 10-21-2009 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6501237)
I just find it hard to believe that Novak's electronics are made from 90% American materials and assembled in the USA. But if so that's awesome!

Stephen, the executive editor from RC/Car helped me confirm Novak. If any of this information turns out to be not true, the company will be removed. It's a work in progress.

Castle Creations is all made here, but some of their material is not, so they didn't make this list.

wingracer 10-21-2009 06:13 AM

How about CRC, CEFX, IRS and BMI? Maybe PRS too, not sure about them.

whipnet 10-21-2009 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 6501413)
How about CRC, CEFX, IRS and BMI? Maybe PRS too, not sure about them.

Thanks, I have a list going of companies mentioned that I do not have yet and will be researching and adding them.

I know the IRS is Made in USA... oh you mean a RC company. :)

wingracer 10-21-2009 06:24 AM

Cool. Oh and I know protoform bodies are made in the USA.

Jaco tires might qualify. Most of the rubber comes from overseas, it has to. The good rubber isn't made here. But all the cutting, gluing, truing, assembling etc. is all done here. I think the wheels are made here too but not sure on that one.

whipnet 10-21-2009 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by wingracer (Post 6501446)
Cool. Oh and I know protoform bodies are made in the USA.

Jaco tires might qualify. Most of the rubber comes from overseas, it has to. The good rubber isn't made here. But all the cutting, gluing, truing, assembling etc. is all done here. I think the wheels are made here too but not sure on that one.

Thanks man, I'll add those to check out too!

JatoTheRipper 10-21-2009 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by whipnet (Post 6501330)
Stephen, the executive editor from RC/Car helped me confirm Novak. If any of this information turns out to be not true, the company will be removed. It's a work in progress.

Castle Creations is all made here, but some of their material is not, so they didn't make this list.

That's awesome to hear! I will keep this in mind next time I buy electronics and I'll be sure to put Novak at the top of my list! I'm glad the last ESC I purchased was a Novak! :D

whipnet 10-21-2009 06:56 AM

And Novak makes some great product too! I own some myself.

A side note, the American companies that do not qualify for this list get plenty of heat and pressure from me to change their ways. Not that they are going to, but they are hearing it from me.

And yes, I am aware of that California lawsuit by that NON US CITIZEN against Castle and other companies a couple of years ago. The guys at Castle are still devastated. So for the record I think CC stuff is top notch even though they are not on the list.

CBHVR6 10-21-2009 07:52 AM

add NEU

whipnet 10-21-2009 01:13 PM

Added Team CRC
Team CRC - Calandra Racing Concepts