R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Web Links

Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for bringing this up. I need to get Kimbrough added to the list. Oops.

Old 03-11-2010, 05:02 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I could be wrong but i thought of getting an O'Donnell because they are made here, are they not ? And i was also told Byron's was American ?
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:15 AM   #33
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgbelden View Post
I could be wrong but i thought of getting an O'Donnell because they are made here, are they not ? And i was also told Byron's was American ?
From the Byron's website "The purity of nitromethane can vary, depending upon the date on which it is manufactured by the nitromethane supplier. While other fuel blenders may be attracted by low pricing of inferior and inconsistent nitromethane produced by offshore facilities, we use only nitromethane that is produced in the United States". "Byron Fuels would be blended in Ida Grove, Iowa",
bgbelden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:24 AM   #34
Tech Fanatic

This list is a working in progress and will always be. They are not on this list simply because I have not looked into fuel manufacturers. (I always used a local brew for my fuel when I did nitro)

Thanks for the info on Byron's. I'll verify both and add them.

Thanks

Old 03-13-2010, 08:02 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If your criteria for this list is based on 100% made in USA, including materials then no electronics would qualify. I used to work in consumer electronics, amps, preamps, surround processors, etc. Some of our products were made in USA but they did not qualify for a NAFTA cert. They were made here but the problem is that the components like capacitors, resistors, diodes, etc. are ALL made overseas. So while it was true that they were made in USA they were made with a high % of foreign parts. Years ago the EPA stepped in and put a stop to the manufacture of many components with heavy metals and other toxins. That's why China is the #1 source for electronic components, they don't care about air quality or what they do to the soil or water around them. There's no getting around it, any electronics manufactured here have to have a certain percentage of foreign parts.
Steve. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve. View Post
If your criteria for this list is based on 100% made in USA, including materials then no electronics would qualify. I used to work in consumer electronics, amps, preamps, surround processors, etc. Some of our products were made in USA but they did not qualify for a NAFTA cert. They were made here but the problem is that the components like capacitors, resistors, diodes, etc. are ALL made overseas. So while it was true that they were made in USA they were made with a high % of foreign parts. Years ago the EPA stepped in and put a stop to the manufacture of many components with heavy metals and other toxins. That's why China is the #1 source for electronic components, they don't care about air quality or what they do to the soil or water around them. There's no getting around it, any electronics manufactured here have to have a certain percentage of foreign parts.

Thanks for all of that.

But's that's not my critera.