Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Web Links
Criticize my site.. please.. >

Criticize my site.. please..

Criticize my site.. please..

Old 02-14-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Criticize my site.. please..

Plz give me tips for to make my site more useful!

My idea was that "people post up their gearing setups, pinion and spur, with their vehicle types, esc, and battery info. Then they post comments on how the vehicle is running, if the setup runs hot, if it’s slow, stuff like that."

How would YOU change my site?
Old 02-14-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Allright, i'll be honest, remember that these are only one man's oppinions.

First priority-

Visual appeal. I know, I know, function>form, but it the wonderful world wide web, people usually make judgements on the site from first glance. Your site is a little lacking on the whole visual appearance, there are no colors, no designs, and nothing really "flows",
Second would be organization. The moment your site is entered, you are overwhelmed with hundreds of setups and a meager search function. A simple division into type of RC/make/model would not only clean up the site and make it look more proffesional, but it would also be alot easier to use. When the site gets larger, you may also divide these catagories into motor sub catagories.
Another is functionality. Sure, pinions and spurs may give a baseline for some vehicles, but tire diameter is an important factor when it comes to gearing.
Another usefull tool would be weight of vehicle and motor temps as the motor is ran for 5 or 6 minutes for whatever given combo, as well as basic ESC settings, motor timing, etc.

That's all i can think about now, its not ment to be offensive at all, but instead, constructive.

Good job on the site thus far though! just a little feedback will take it over the top!!

-Kyle
Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 AM
Tech Regular

Default I agree with the previous post.

Make and model navigation would be good. When I scrolled down to look at a truggy that I own (Losi 8ight t), I didn't know which column was which I ended up having to write down the specs then scrolled back up to see what they were, Motor, pinion spur etc. Guys like to show off their rides too, maybe a photo gallery would be good , Sometimes I see a paint scheme that I like or see what a set of tires/wheels would look like on one of my RC's. I like the idea of what you are doing but right now it looks like the periodic table of elements.