VRC Pro Recommended Specs

Old 11-26-2012, 07:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default VRC Pro Recommended Specs

I've seen the page with VRC Pro recommended specs on it, but I want to know from experience. What are the specs needed to run VRC Pro smoothly with minimum lag. Preferably with settings a little bit bumped up. Also, can anyone give me a review on this product? How do the cars (onroad touring) handle in comparison to real life? Is the full product needed to get the full effect of VRC, or is it still enjoyable to get the lite, and just buy a few cars and tracks.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:01 AM
Company Representative

It mostly comes down to a good (decent) video card...

Check: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

You should be looking for something with a benchmark of 2500 and up, something like the Radeon HD 7870 would be a great card at reasonable cost of just over $200. It will even support 3-monitor setup running in HD!!! http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gp...HD+7870&id=324
Old 12-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Company Representative

About the Lite versus Full...

The Lite has some important limitations you probably already know, like you can't earn vEuros, you can't build a loyalty discount (up to 30%) and you don't get the default 20% content discount that Full members get.

Apart from that you simply get the same software as a full member, but with a smaller basic content pack. You only get Spec level cars and a couple of tracks, in this comparisson sheet you can see exactly what you get: http://www.vrcworld.com/page.aspx?subscriptions

Extra content can be purchased to expand the Lite package.
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Adept

Default VRC off road track

Guys

What is the best off road track I should purchase and use?

Thanks
Eran

-------------
Tamiya trf 502, ac b4.1
Old 06-18-2013, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by kavee
Guys

What is the best off road track I should purchase and use?

Thanks
Eran

-------------
Tamiya trf 502, ac b4.1
Silver Dollar - AMain is a great track - I would say...
Old 06-24-2013, 11:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like Silver Dollar too. It's similar to what we run locally, with the big long straight into a sweeper, and then the sort of rhythm section. Silver Dollar is definately my first choice for tracks outside of the included offroad tracks.

That may change after they release Padova, Fear Farm's DNC13 layout, and PNB 2013. Those were some awesome tracks....and Tony has stated that they are just about complete, but if I had to guess, they will be holding them back until buggies are ready, then release buggies plus 3 or 4 of these famous 8th scale tracks.

As far as recommended specs, I'm currently running VRC on these three different setups:

Main setup-
Dell Inspiron 17R Limited Edition
i7 3630
8GB RAM
Geforce GT650 M

With resolution set to 1920x1080, High texture, High Render, Low shadows, no dust, no smoke, no AA, no AF, I can get 120-160FPS depending on the track. If I drop it down to 1280x800 I can push 200-240 with ease.
With all the details maxxed out, I'm at 40-60fps. Decent for recording video, but not great for playing.

Secondary Setup
Intel Q6600 2.4GHz quad core desktop
4GB RAM
ATI x1950XTX
With resolution set to 1280x1024, High texture, High Render, Low shadows, no dust, no smoke, no AA, no AF, I can get about 100FPS depending on the track. If I drop it down to 800x600 I can push 150fps.
The game will crash with an out-of-memory error if I max out the detail on this rig.

This would have been a pretty top-of-the-line computer when I put it together....but that was something like 7 years ago now....

Tertiary Setup
El-cheapo Dell Vostro
Intel i3 (not sure which one)
4GB RAM
Intel Extreme integrated graphics (aka, better than nothing, but just barely)
To run the game at reasonable frame rates, I really need to drop the detail down to minimums, and then I can get 60-80fps. Not bad for a 2 year old laptop that cost less than $500 new....

Last edited by BlueGlowBoy; 06-24-2013 at 04:12 PM.