Wiki Posts
Search

Track building abilities

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:10 AM
Tech Adept

Default Track building abilities

Will it be possible to allow members to build their own track or their local tracks so that we can practice on them?

Or can I send you my two local 1/10 off road tracks and one current 1/8 off road track to add to your options?

We will also have another 1/8 off road track being built soon.

Also, we need to be able to 'link' up and race together without having to get online.

Can you allow a setting to use a home/office network to synch up the two different PC's?

My mate comes here with his laptop and at this stage him using my wifi to logon just to race is cumbersome. We need to be able to link up through my wifi router to make it a faster, cheaper connection.

One last question, when will you add more brands of off road SCT chassis to the list and also 2WD SCT.

I hate Associated and want Losi on the list!
Old 08-03-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Sign on to the forums at vrcworld.com. There's a place for suggestions.

Track editor: not happening. I want this as well.
Additional cars: manufacturors need to pay to get their products in the game. Until the active users go up, I don't see this changing.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

A track editor would be excellent. pretty simple to make too. they should present it as an option at least. as nice as running enormous euro tracks is, nothing i can race on is even half that size.

as for chassis and parts.. they don't matter. if you have full membership, the full race spec etec stuff is exactly the same as the licenced stuff.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Tech Initiate

Default VRC Track

I submitted a long thread on the VRC forum about this...
Allot of games let you build your own map... it should not be hard to implement if they are using a standard development package...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

That's a big IF there. I think they also use new tracks as a reason to have a premium membership. Forget it guys. It'd be great to have but we won't get it.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

well.. no. the premium membership is so they can afford to pay their staff and run the servers for the game, so we can practice as much as we want.. and its a bargain. a damn bargain as one day at the race track costs more heh.

im glad they changed over from pay to play and pay to get crap though. that was bs. but.. i wouldnt be where i am now in my racing skill without vrc. probably got a two year jump start by my practice here. only 9500 race km/s but vrc doesnt log your PRACTICE km.. which would be well over 50000km for me.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by valk
well.. no. the premium membership is so they can afford to pay their staff and run the servers for the game, so we can practice as much as we want.. and its a bargain. a damn bargain as one day at the race track costs more heh.

im glad they changed over from pay to play and pay to get crap though. that was bs. but.. i wouldnt be where i am now in my racing skill without vrc. probably got a two year jump start by my practice here. only 9500 race km/s but vrc doesnt log your PRACTICE km.. which would be well over 50000km for me.
I agree that it's a bargain. It's helping me achieve consistency.

With the new Free 2 Play model, you can either still but individual things or tracks. The money always went towards operational costs but I think they'd see a drop in revenue if they allowed publishing tracks for free. I'd like even if you could upload only and they decide which ones to add/charge for. Being albe to create and run a map locally would be cool too.

Reality for me is that the offroad tracks that's go to are not nearly as loose(all vrc tires are the same) so even if I could design my local track, it wouldn't be the same.