Search

Using PS3 Controller

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Using PS3 Controller

I've downloaded the Pinnacle software that VRC suggests to use for using a PS3 controller, but I still cant get it to work or calibrate.
I was just trying to get a feel for the game before my dongle arrived, which, BTW...anyone have any problems using a Futaba 4PL with this game?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 08-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by DoogieLee
I've downloaded the Pinnacle software that VRC suggests to use for using a PS3 controller, but I still cant get it to work or calibrate.
I was just trying to get a feel for the game before my dongle arrived, which, BTW...anyone have any problems using a Futaba 4PL with this game?
In the new release on Friday you will be able to 'map any controller'. Which means that if the driver for your PS3 gamepad is installed, then you can set the functions for each control (button or stick) in the game (under options -> control).
Old 08-08-2012, 02:52 PM
jks
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DoogieLee

Any help would be greatly appreciated
I personally recommend Motionjoy software. I tried the Pinnacle software and had some issues. The website for Motionjoy is http://www.motioninjoy.com/ It seems to work really well with PS3 controllers. On VRC pro website there is a xbox 360 setup post using motion joy. I used the settings for the ps3 controller and it worked fine.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks guys... I was just trying to use my PS3 in the meantime til my VRC adapter showed up.