Search

Vintage Losi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Vintage Losi

So if you ask anyone who knows me I'm pretty biased towards Team Losi being the best end of story. The first vintage buggy I got my hands on was a Jrx2 (still have it on the shelf) then later got hold of a mint (RTR) XXX-4 G+ (graphite) & a used XXX-S G+ that I've set up for drifting & enjoy using regularly. The buggy originally was going to be used as a parts supply for the drifter but my driving has improved enough to avoid obstacles & thanks to Losi's build quality the only things needing to be replaced are maintenance related. Even though these models aren't really that old the parts supply has dwindled - unless someone here can direct me to them as I've had little luck for years. Have been in the hobby long enough to know to grab new parts when I can & have a reasonable supply. Get plenty of funny looks out & comments from others who have to have the latest thing. Was given a d-box while learning but thank God out grew it quickly & can live without the shame - it's in the wife's car & it helps get her out regularly so I say nothing. The buggy has never been run & although I get this nagging feeling (oh, it's the wife) it's too good for the shelf & needs to be used. She doesn't understand why we need a shelf for the ones we never use & another for the ones that we do.
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Losi-image.jpg  
Old 05-23-2016, 10:46 PM
Tech Adept

Default OK

That didn't go well, I guess I'm on probation & can only post one picture at a time. So this is going to become a much longer thread than first expected...

Edit: I know we're in the Southern Hemisphere but c'mon what's with the upside down pictures?
Attached Thumbnails Vintage Losi-image.jpg  

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 05-31-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:06 PM
Tech Adept

Tried taking pictures but the light from the window pretty much ruined all of them & I'll have to try again tonight. There's another buggy up on the shelf worth mentioning - a Jrx2. With such a complex chassis design it's no wonder they didn't continue with it but it looks awesome on the shelf. I've also had a Jrx Pro in the past which would leave many Tamiyas in the rear view quite easily. I think the vintage models look much nicer than the ones of today. If I can find a decent graphite XX-4 it's the only other model I'd like - it was so far ahead of it's time & you can see the similarities it shares with the 22-4.

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 05-31-2016 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:59 PM
Bud
Tech Master

These guys have some vintage stuff. I've bought some old Kyosho stuff from them.
http://sabulatech.com/storefront/
Old 06-07-2016, 06:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice link. Book marked it
Old 06-08-2016, 08:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Bud
These guys have some vintage stuff. I've bought some old Kyosho stuff from them.
http://sabulatech.com/storefront/
Thank you for the link, I held off getting excited because I need spares for a XXXS G+ & XXX4 G+ but when I had a good look there really isn't much there for these chassis & I'm still looking. I might have to just bite the bullet & get something modern &/or new to use.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have many chassis, spares and hoop up parts, but one thing is still a problem, not many belts left on market...
Old 07-03-2016, 02:37 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kajman
I have many chassis, spares and hoop up parts, but one thing is still a problem, not many belts left on market...
Check out the link mentioned above
Old 07-05-2016, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Default Scored

I put up a wanted thread - have got so many parts now that I'm probably set for life & another XXXS G+ came with it. I've taken the XXX4 G+ off the shelf & enjoy running it. Still keen get hold of upgrade parts/kits for that and/or the XXX4 G+. Was hoping to find a decent Worlds Edition buggy but no luck - do they still exist or have they all been used for racing & gone extinct?
Old 08-06-2016, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Default Belts

Originally Posted by rcmadkiwi
Check out the link mentioned above
I found these belts and they work fine. I've been running them for a while now. They are a tad shorter but no issues. The best part is they are less than $4 each!

http://shop.polybelt.com/768-3M-04-Rubber-Timing-Belt-256-Tooth-B768-3M-04BNG.htm