Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Vintage Forum
strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc. >

strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazyjr
Since someone pulled out a traxxas, I'll show mine.

My beater/racer SRT

My shelf queen SRT

I am so jealous, If I could find one of those again I would have to have it. The SRT was the best truck I ever raced, Never broke a thing. Great looking rides. Keep them safe.

Chad O
Old 05-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Stagger2
I am so jealous, If I could find one of those again I would have to have it. The SRT was the best truck I ever raced, Never broke a thing. Great looking rides. Keep them safe.

Chad O
Thanks, I love my racer SRT. It handles blown out tracks better than my T4, in good groomed tracks they are equal. I am running the Fastlane alumnium rear arm mounts with 4* toe, on a slick track it will wheelie with the VXL and 2s lipo
Old 05-26-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My first truck in 1985, my Jrx-Pro, and my modified Ultima II.
Attached Thumbnails strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-little_truck.jpg   strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-little_truck2.jpg   strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-jrx-pro.jpg   strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-ultima.jpg  
Old 06-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Recent Kyosho Optima Resto

Paint is a little off but overall I am pretty happy with the restoration.
Attached Thumbnails strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-optima_ps1_medium.jpg   strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-optima_ds1_chassis_medium.jpg   strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-optima_lr1_medium.jpg   strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-optima_lf1_chassis_medium.jpg  
Old 06-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Talking vintage

keep them pics coming.

project's and all.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mtn bkr
Here's some pics of vintage cars I've owned and since sold.

Cool! A Super Champ! That was my very 1st RC Car
Old 09-02-2008, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RA99GT
me too! i was in 5th grade i think
Old 09-03-2008, 12:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RA99GT
Me Three...and I still have it

I'm trying to bring it back from Asia so I can start restoring it.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

JK, you have one of the most extensive vintage car collections! All those cars are the cars from when I first got into RC! I couldn't afford a full blown JRX-2 or a Pro so I wanted that JR-2 car, which was economically more friendly car for a 12 year old.

I ended up getting a JRX-T instead since it was on sale at Hobby Warehouse at that time (good ol pre-Horizon days of Losi IMO) which later got converted to an LXT.

(Points to avatar), I'll post this pic once I get home. That is my RC10CE graphite that went through some thick and thin. It has seen stock form, to a Pro-Line RC10 Truck Conversion kit, back to its stock form, then upgraded to a Stealth Transmission then got shelved. After the upgrade, I took it to the track and was amazed by how much RC10s have changed (this was 10 years afterwards, with the B3s running around in the track)...

I'm planning on replacing all the linkages with some modern B4/B44 AE Ti links, and taking some motor spray and remove some of these crazy servo tapes that we used to have, that never would come off no matter how much you tried!

I also got a velcro-strap for the battery that I need to re-mount... Velcro strap was and is superior some of these really shitty battery brace/screw shit we have to use these days with these "modern" cars... Soooooooooo much easier to take the battery in and out!

I've also got an RC10LSS that I restored, but I have yet to take some pics of that car. I gotta mount this Camaro body that I got for it, which was painted but never had time drill out the body mount holes for it. I recently had to cannibalize the setup for the synth receiver to put into my latest ride, the DF-03MS...

All of you guys have brought so much nostalgia! Especially with the RC10T, possibly the first "J82"-ish car ever made with the option of choosing narrow fronts (which basically made it a buggy with a truck body)...
Old 09-03-2008, 09:03 AM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL! B4 & B44..

Originally Posted by Rubbaneck
You guy's had the best drinking team back then too.

The good old days of r/c rule. Keep the pics coming please.
We can still keep those ole drinking days going! Im going to shovel one down tonite before racing starts! 40oz!lol
Old 09-03-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Is it like a big no no to put modern electronics in yer vintage car ? cause i got mine and wanna get them going.... rc10 and kyohso rocky 4wd boyy triple shock.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Is it like a big no no to put modern electronics in yer vintage car ? cause i got mine and wanna get them going.... rc10 and kyohso rocky 4wd boyy triple shock.
Go for it. Run a modern radio, ESC, and motor. I wouldn't put a mega-kv brushless motor in them though. Those old designs can only take so much power....
Old 09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

The stealth had no issues with Mamba Brushless power in there!!! Lipo too
Attached Thumbnails strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-dsc_0172.jpg  
Old 09-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Tech Elite

Here's my RC10CE Graphite. It's been upgraded with a Stealth Transmission.
Attached Thumbnails strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-img_1278.jpg   strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-img_1280.jpg   strickly vintage pics of your rides.associated/losi/kyosho/tamiya/exc.-img_1288.jpg  
Old 09-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Heres a couple of pics of my CAT painted in Candy Apple red with Wild Fire fleck through the paint, tough job back then, had to do everything in reverse with the automotive paint to get this right.

I have another LWB CAT that still waiting to be restored as well as 2 XX Pro Graphites and 1 original ladder chassie Ultima which was my race car for many years and only requires attention to the bearings in gearbox to have up and running again

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.