Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The new trend in online negotiating

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 08:02 PM

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

I always put in my PM to them where I give paypal info....that I'll mark the item(s) sold if/when payment is received. Been burnt too many times by the I'LL TAKE IT crowd....lol. So now, unless I know you, I also live by the - it's not sold until the money is in my paypal account, rule.
Old 06-22-2015, 09:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I personally find "most" prices to be acceptable, and am willing to pay them knowing its going to probably stay in the hobby. My negotiating consist of

"hey will you take $X for this item?" usually $5/10/15 below asking depending on price of the item and how good of a deal

If they accept it cool I just saved that much money. If they counter offer I accept it, cool I just saved that much money. If they don't accept it and Its an item I actually want, then oh well I tried. Its still cheaper than new.

After that its prompt payment because I expect prompt shipping(unless otherwise discussed).

Treat others as you want to be treated. Mutual respect. all that other BS applies here.

When I am selling, if the buyer jerks me around, I usually just wont do business with them. My time is too valuable to me than to waste it on idiots. If I don't get payment within 24 hours(unless otherwise discussed) then I feel no obligation to ship quickly and will ship it whenever I have time.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WYLDTHING
I always put in my PM to them where I give paypal info....that I'll mark the item(s) sold if/when payment is received. Been burnt too many times by the I'LL TAKE IT crowd....lol. So now, unless I know you, I also live by the - it's not sold until the money is in my paypal account, rule.
+1000
Old 06-23-2015, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I thought this thread was deleted by a moderator....awesome to see its alive and the feedback. I have nothing to say really....you guys said it all for me. Just, yes, I agree with all of you.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I feel all of you. I don't sell much on here but always get the lowball offers even on BNIP when I'm already selling lower than retail, including 3-day shipping, and paying PP fees.

I know there will be negotiating but why must so many go after 20-30% off, then continue asking for lower pricing after you've told them the lowest you'll go...

Oh well. Guess it comes with the territory (of selling anything these days).
Old 06-26-2015, 08:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hawkpro
I feel all of you. I don't sell much on here but always get the lowball offers even on BNIP when I'm already selling lower than retail, including 3-day shipping, and paying PP fees.

I know there will be negotiating but why must so many go after 20-30% off, then continue asking for lower pricing after you've told them the lowest you'll go...

Oh well. Guess it comes with the territory (of selling anything these days).
While I must say the RC crowd isn't "hi flutin" by any means. If you ever want the worst experience of your life selling, try selling either a Japanese made sport bike, or a dirt bike. You'll get the craziest offers, things you couldn't even imagine, and also deal with the deadest of deadbeats.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Socket
While I must say the RC crowd isn't "hi flutin" by any means. If you ever want the worst experience of your life selling, try selling either a Japanese made sport bike, or a dirt bike. You'll get the craziest offers, things you couldn't even imagine, and also deal with the deadest of deadbeats.
haha this is the truth. Last year I sold a 2003 YZ125 and a 2003 Yamaha Blaster. That was an adventure. Everything from lowball offers, the most random trade offers, people who set up a time to come buy it and never show and disappear off the face of the earth, etc.

Another one is trying to sell a car on craigslist. That also brings out the "best" buyers
Old 06-26-2015, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

You gotta love the oddball trade offers. I was sellings a Suzuki King Quad 750.. at the time it was about 2 years old. I wanted $4500. A guy emailed me and asked if I wanted a gerbile and a push lawn mower with 3 wheels as trade.

True story.
Old 06-29-2015, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

People are cheap and they don't want to pay asking price for whatever reasons. But people on this site are the cheapest I've ever experienced. I put up a clean B5M slider for $150+shipping on this site (that's a low price) and people were trying to get it for lower. It's pretty pathetic especially considering most people on this site have a reasonable clue of what RCs are worth.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Yeah....I'm to the point where I'm done listing on here. There was a time when I first got into this circa 2009-2010 when it was quick, easy and straight forward. Now it's ridiculous, even the guys who have thousands of posts are just plain rude and make offers they don't stick to, or make an offer...then want pictures. Completely and utterly over this site for selling my RCs ... Love the site for everything else, but for selling I am DONE
Old 07-01-2015, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lemonader83
Yeah....I'm to the point where I'm done listing on here. There was a time when I first got into this circa 2009-2010 when it was quick, easy and straight forward. Now it's ridiculous, even the guys who have thousands of posts are just plain rude and make offers they don't stick to, or make an offer...then want pictures. Completely and utterly over this site for selling my RCs ... Love the site for everything else, but for selling I am DONE
I'm glad I'm not alone.
Old 07-01-2015, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
I'm glad I'm not alone.
Its the culture nowa days i was born in 73 an my wife was born in 83 a mallineal
I think thats the spelling her era is like that ,i work in Vegas in the kitchens an a lot of the new hires will be late 3 times before the probation an think that is ok ,an think it is funny ,like its a joke an then when u fire them they are pissed at u like it was ur fault so i think it is the genaration sad to say
An the tv shows about haggling an pawning as wellso now evryone thinks that.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HappyGene
I think that when an item has been up for over a week (or longer time that includes a weekend), that the inherent value is in question. After that time period, the market has spoken and delivered a new price point for those materials.

Good deals are usually gone in minutes to a couple hours by those who can watch the boards all day, which is their good opportunity, no harm.
I give something (for sale) a week+2 here. If it is not sold in nine days (listed on a Friday, no sale by the Sunday of the next week) it goes to eBay. The fees are terrible but the BS is nonexistent, and the best thing is that Feedback scores there are punishing and long term.

When I list items here I'm trying to pass on a good deal to a current racer from a former racer (me) and not get badgered to 'trade' my equipment for some kid's junk, be insulted by lowball offers, or deal with rude adults and adolescents acting like rude children.

OP: I totally agree that the unprofessionalism is rampant and people simply ignore most of what is written in an ad before they PM.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 135 (100%+)

Ebay works out good for you, then, no squabbles with buyers?
Old 07-08-2015, 05:35 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

I hate and loathe selling on ebay. I had a guy buy a high end helmet, only to recieve it, try it on, and told ebay it was significantly not as described because it didn't fit his head.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.