Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Refunds and Feedback....read please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default Refunds and Feedback....read please!

There have been a few issues relating to feedback, feedback removals and sellers issuing refunds to buyers. These issues have been for awhile and will continue to be handled as follows..

By ACCEPTING payment from a buyer you have committed to that deal the same as they have by paying you. If you decide to refund them and sell to another buyer, for any reason (short of them being a "scammer") AND they leave you negative feedback. That feedback WILL NOT be removed, Depending on the situation, the best you can hope for is that I change it to neutral based on my review of the situation. This applies if you simply "change your mind" and chose to sell to someone else or as another example. You foolishly post your PP address and have to refund 9 out of 10 buyers that send you money.

Reported feedback will always be reviewed on a case by case basis but in these cases the best you can hope for is a neutral.

You're free to conduct business as you wish, just don't expect a complete removal of feedback if this is how you're going to do it.

Last edited by racer1812; 01-25-2017 at 12:08 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

What if (and I hate what ifs):

Someone agrees to buy your item. Tells you they are sending the money... a few days go by and they never paid. You send them PM's asking about it.. nothing. You sell to someone else. Then all of a sudden you receive payment from the person.

I guess what is the "reasonable" timeline between committing to pay and actually paying.

I don't think letting the buyer and seller figure this out on their own will suffice as 2 people could have very different opinions on what is except-able. Maybe there could be a set rule, that if followed would protect the seller from negative feedback.
Old 09-03-2013, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by masher81
What if (and I hate what ifs):

Someone agrees to buy your item. Tells you they are sending the money... a few days go by and they never paid. You send them PM's asking about it.. nothing. You sell to someone else. Then all of a sudden you receive payment from the person.

I guess what is the "reasonable" timeline between committing to pay and actually paying.

I don't think letting the buyer and seller figure this out on their own will suffice as 2 people could have very different opinions on what is except-able. Maybe there could be a set rule, that if followed would protect the seller from negative feedback.
What's an "acceptable timeline" for payment is up to the seller. Which I make very clear to a buyer when I send them my PP info..

"I will accept payment within 24 hours of this PM, after that I reserve the right to sell to a different buyer and refund any payment you may send."

Whatever time you're willing to wait, just make it clear to them.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I think that is a good plan.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default Buying & Selling

Originally Posted by racer1812
What's an "acceptable timeline" for payment is up to the seller. Which I make very clear to a buyer when I send them my PP info..

"I will accept payment within 24 hours of this PM, after that I reserve the right to sell to a different buyer and refund any payment you may send."

This makes the most sense, if you give a time frame it is up to the buyer to pay within that time frame. If not it can be sold to the next buyer. Simple

Lysander06
Old 11-13-2013, 12:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer1812

This is what I have started doing too… 24 hours from time PM is sent to them with PP information.

If You (the buyer) canmot make payment within 24 hours then there is no reason that i shouldn't sell to other parties that are also interested.

Just make sure you directly say 24 hours (or whatever time you want) so there is no confusion.

Last edited by ThePanda; 12-31-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

sorry

Last edited by ProfessorX; 03-17-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Wrong thread bud, post it in yours
Old 03-17-2015, 07:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masher81
Mods don't need to be involved here. They have better things to do. The seller sets the expectation. I don't consider my item sold until it's paid for. Most of the time, payment is super quick.
Old 03-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Just reread Matt's rules announcement and it sorta contradicts things / may need an edit. It says all for sale posts must have contact info in them. However, many folks use their paypal address for contact, seeing as this may be their only or primary email address. Doing so follows the rules, but contradicts the advice provided here.
Since we all should allow PMs from users if we want to buy/sell and is the advised method of communication, this requirement may need edited or removed.
Just pointing this out to lessen any confusion (at least it proves I read at least that far into the rules posts )
Old 03-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DFMikey
Just reread Matt's rules announcement and it sorta contradicts things / may need an edit. It says all for sale posts must have contact info in them. However, many folks use their paypal address for contact, seeing as this may be their only or primary email address. Doing so follows the rules, but contradicts the advice provided here.
Since we all should allow PMs from users if we want to buy/sell and is the advised method of communication, this requirement may need edited or removed.
Just pointing this out to lessen any confusion (at least it proves I read at least that far into the rules posts )
Not really. Even if the email is the same, there's a difference between "contact me at [email protected] for more info" and "My PayPal is [email protected]" One is used to make contact, the other is used (posted) to show were to make payment.

Why anyone would post their normally used email and/or PP email on a public forum is beyond me, but hey, people do stupid crap everyday.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Super Moderator

May I ask, what is needed to meet this criteria:
All Classified posts MUST have listed contact information AND an asking price---absolutely no exceptions.

Just to clear up any questions.
Old 03-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by roadrashracing
May I ask, what is needed to meet this criteria:
All Classified posts MUST have listed contact information AND an asking price---absolutely no exceptions.

Just to clear up any questions.
Not sure I can give a definite answer. That has been posted in the rules since... forever. Not even sure it needs to be in there. PM's are obvious, I don't see a reason why a person needs to include "PM me for details, or payment info." or for whatever in their post. Just to list contact info and conform to the rules. I don't, if you're not smart enough to figure out how to PM me I'm not going to sell to you anyway.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you're not smart enough to figure out how to PM me I'm not going to sell to you anyway.

HA!!!! I like that one.....
55Guy and tbrewer187 like this.
Old 11-14-2017, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't post paypal info. Talk through pm's and get the payment terms sorted out there first. So much less headaches...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.