Feedback means nothing

Old 08-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I think that they should get rid of the feedback feature, many people abuse it leaving bad feedback for stupid reasons
I wholeheratedly agree.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think that they should get rid of the feedback feature, many people abuse it leaving bad feedback for stupid reasons
I also agree.

I called a crook out in the feedback thread....the guy simply registered a new user name...
Old 08-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

i think the feedback gives a idea on how a person is to deal with, before dealing with the person that has negitive feedback (like myself) ask them what happened in the deal that made them receive negitive feedback, i did a deal on here last week and seeing that i have negitive feedbacks the buyer was worried to deal with me, he asked me about it and was glad to explain things. and all went well!! as far a the people that have received negitive feedback for no reason, well, join the club! communacation is everything!!!
Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
If you guys got rid of feedback, not only would it kill the FS section, but scammers would multiply immensely.

Originally Posted by inferno13
i think the feedback gives a idea on how a person is to deal with, before dealing with the person that has negitive feedback (like myself) ask them what happened in the deal that made them receive negitive feedback, i did a deal on here last week and seeing that i have negitive feedbacks the buyer was worried to deal with me, he asked me about it and was glad to explain things. and all went well!! as far a the people that have received negitive feedback for no reason, well, join the club! communacation is everything!!!
1 negative feedback is one thing, but 3 all in a row? fishy fishy.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyDDR
If you guys got rid of feedback, not only would it kill the FS section, but scammers would multiply immensely.

1 negative feedback is one thing, but 3 all in a row? fishy fishy.
ya, im just a big scammer!, you dont know what the deal was, you have 1 mouth and 2 ears for a reason!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
ya, im just a big scammer!, you dont know what the deal was, you have 1 mouth and 2 ears for a reason!
I agree with Casey, everyone is entitled to a dirtbag and a freebie neg without worry but 3 negs from 3 buyers would make me nervous too.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
I agree with Casey, everyone is entitled to a dirtbag and a freebie neg without worry but 3 negs from 3 buyers would make me nervous too.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:02 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

i had a guy want to hold my head to the fire on a mtb i sold on ebay b/c of shock seals. on a used bike. i told em to refill with fresh fluid and see if thats the cure. he said he disassembled everything and said the seals were bad and that i should do somethin about it. he wanted all his $ back plus shipping. and sadly b/c of their new policies ebay was in his corner. a used bike that was a few yrs old and he's complainin bout 10$ seals. i gave em $ for seals and he took it. no further conversation. so sad.

worse yet i look this guy up on just a yahoo search and 1.5yrs earlier guess where he is posts telling others how to wrangle extra $ outta the seller if everything is not perfect....RCTech. Small world.

R
Old 08-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Alain

I wouldnt worry about it to much i just had a situation not similar to yours but he gave me neutral as he knows i have all the evidence to really cause him alot of grief .

Dont worry about 99% of rc tech guys are cool dudes its that 1% that cause the trouble the keyboard warriors i call them .

keep on selling and be happy mate .
Old 08-27-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Feedback feature needs to stay. It helps me in buying, and I'm sure it does with many other members. if a person has 1 out of 50 negatives, I wouldn't really care. But 3 in a row and I would probably look elsewhere to sell. Maybe a little "prejudicial" but that's what the feedback feature is there for. Same as ebay and other buying/selling websites...
Old 08-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Thats why there is a Trader Feedback section here. We don't need both. Although if they do decide to do away with trader rating. We should at least keep what we have already accumulated. Just a thought.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up online buying noob

i have been reading everything on rctech for about 2 months. i am now getting ready to venture out into my first online purchase and i can say that after reading everything that all of you guys post i am somewhat comforted because i can see that there is alot of good guys with good insight on here......thanks to all of you......
Old 09-29-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

ive learned there is more good than bad, ive learned to cover my but. i also mess with mustangs and i had a part for sale well i spent a hour talking on the phone with the guy and before we hung up i had paypal as a gift in my account but on the other hand 1 hour later he had a confirmation number.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Not sure if 98ss still comes on here, but he is definitely an honest guy.

I always provide a phone number to people I deal with if requested, and often times, whether buying or selling I prefer to speak to them.

This way I know I am dealing with an adult, and can gauge by the conversation if there will be issues or not, and if the deal should take place at all. Granted, that is only for fairly major purchases.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I agree that it should stay. But then again, I don't have any negatives to hide. I do appreciate the mods taking care of the wrongly posted feedback when appropriate. Personally I think if someone is found abusing the system, they should be banned. Leaving falsely posted feedback should be more than enough for this. + or -.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.