Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > For Sale/Trade Forums > Buyer/Seller dispute and discussion forum
When to get WORRIED or MAD that item hasnt shipped??? >

When to get WORRIED or MAD that item hasnt shipped???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When to get WORRIED or MAD that item hasnt shipped???

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Unhappy When to get WORRIED or MAD that item hasnt shipped???

Just wondering what peoples thought is on, when you pay for something and they say it will ship on a certain day with tracking, and you dont hear from them or have your pm's replied to even though you know they have been online?....

Last edited by billyp1106; 01-27-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:39 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by billyp1106
Just wondering what peoples thought is on, when you pay for something and they say it will ship on a certain day with tracking, and you dont hear from them or have your pm's replied to even though you know they have been online?....I know things do come up, but if you got time to be on here then you got time to reply to me and let me know whats up!!..
I guess it depends on how obnoxious or incessant your emails and pm's have been. Just because someone has been online doesn't mean they have also made a trip to the post office.
It used to be that people would have to snail-mail payments and wait for the money order to clear the bank, but now with paypal buyers seem to be too quick to expect the same instant service in shipping and it's not that easy and really shouldn't be expected. You had it easy, they still have to take at least an hour or so out of their day to get your package dropped off.

In most cases it's not like a regular business, in that your item is going to be shipped guaranteed within 24-73 hours.
In most cases it would be reasonable to me if someone ships your item out by the end of the week, first of the next, but expecting next-day mailing (whether it was alluded to or not) is a bit much.

If you haven't received shipping confirmation within a week to 10 days I'd start wondering, by 2-weeks it might deem worthy or inquiring, but otherwise I wouldn't be so ready to jump on the worry-wagon.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

i usually ship 24-48hrs. with paypal payments there is always a chance it could be taken back out of the account. that usually happens whit in the first 24hrs. if you havent heard anything with in 48hrs then you might want to send a email. but dont send alot because you could make the seller upset. always try to get a phone number from the seller too. when i go to make a deal i will usually send my cell number and talk about things in person. but that is just me.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Not to Hijack the OP's thread but ...I broke down your post RobbieT..
I think your a bit overboard here...
Originally Posted by RobbieT
I guess it depends on how obnoxious or incessant your emails and pm's have been. Just because someone has been online doesn't mean they have also made a trip to the post office.
Sure, maybe they haven't made it to the shipper of choice yet, but you can still answer your PM'S! and let the buyer know SOMETHING..

It used to be that people would have to snail-mail payments and wait for the money order to clear the bank, but now with paypal buyers seem to be too quick to expect the same instant service in shipping and it's not that easy and really shouldn't be expected. You had it easy, they still have to take at least an hour or so out of their day to get your package dropped off.
Are kidding? The OP states he was given a ship date, if it were me, I would expect the very same. It SHOULD be expected. If he said he was doing it, he SHOULD do it. Simple. Where do you get the "at least and hour or so out of their day.." ? If you have time to sell it, you have time to ship it...It's all the same deal.. It's not a "I'll sell it now, Ship it whenever the heck I feel like it".
I may be one of the luckier few, I have several Post offices within a few miles of each other.. both take no more than 10 minutes to get to. If you pack & label first.. 10 minutes at the Office max. Even with a line! (with exception to Christmas shipping, OMG!)

In most cases it's not like a regular business, in that your item is going to be shipped guaranteed within 24-73 hours.
In most cases it would be reasonable to me if someone ships your item out by the end of the week, first of the next, but expecting next-day mailing (whether it was alluded to or not) is a bit much.
Again, I'm starting to think your a bit clueless.. I garuntee. If you (or anyone) bought something from someone (me included) and I received your money on a monday, and you didn't hear from me for a week, you would be all over my PM's / Emails / THIS FORUM etc wanting some answers.

If you haven't received shipping confirmation within a week to 10 days I'd start wondering, by 2-weeks it might deem worthy or inquiring, but otherwise I wouldn't be so ready to jump on the worry-wagon.
So, you have money your willing to waste? Send me some. I got a nice bridge I would like to sell you.

If you send a payment, and the seller says they are going to ship on day X.. well I for damn sure want a PM or Email or something on that day letting me know it's shipped or there was a delay or SOMETHING. If I PM you and you don't reply.. After I know you've been online...I WILL get worried, and ...
You start losing credibility in my book.

BillyP, Keep us posted on the outcome.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SirKarnage
Not to Hijack the OP's thread but ...I broke down your post RobbieT..
I think your a bit overboard here...

Sure, maybe they haven't made it to the shipper of choice yet, but you can still answer your PM'S! and let the buyer know SOMETHING..
maybe I was saying it "generally," I was just trying to give him a basic time frame so he didn't get frantic. but I guess in part because I see so many "i've been scammed" threads when in fact its a simple lack of communication. otherwise I was talking about the people, and I think we've all dealt with the type, that call you the SAME DAY they sent the paypal payment wanting to know where their car is. at the same time they get anxious after a few days and haven't even given time for the mail to run.

Are kidding? The OP states he was given a ship date, if it were me, I would expect the very same. It SHOULD be expected. If he said he was doing it, he SHOULD do it. Simple. Where do you get the "at least and hour or so out of their day.." ? If you have time to sell it, you have time to ship it...It's all the same deal.. It's not a "I'll sell it now, Ship it whenever the heck I feel like it".
I may be one of the luckier few, I have several Post offices within a few miles of each other.. both take no more than 10 minutes to get to. If you pack & label first.. 10 minutes at the Office max. Even with a line! (with exception to Christmas shipping, OMG!)
maybe it's because I live in a larger metropolitan area that I have more understanding of this, but I KNOW that when I have to take time out of the day to go to the post office I'm losing 2 hours at a minimum.
i am not suggesting a "I'll sell it now, Ship it whenever the heck I feel like it" but I am saying that people somehow get this idea because paying for something is so easy that shipping it should be just as easy, because we forget what it was like back in the day of having send off a money order and waiting for it to clear someone's bank before their car got sent to them.

Again, I'm starting to think your a bit clueless.. I garuntee. If you (or anyone) bought something from someone (me included) and I received your money on a monday, and you didn't hear from me for a week, you would be all over my PM's / Emails / THIS FORUM etc wanting some answers.
in a week or so, yes of course.
in a couple of days, or less than a week, not a chance.

If you send a payment, and the seller says they are going to ship on day X.. well I for damn sure want a PM or Email or something on that day letting me know it's shipped or there was a delay or SOMETHING. If I PM you and you don't reply.. After I know you've been online...I WILL get worried, and ...
You start losing credibility in my book.
i am sorry, but we don't live in a perfect world where everything shakes out like we'd like it to. while most of us check our email and PMs every day not everyone does, and that's no different than the workplace where I am still waiting for a reply from my boss from Monday morning.
but most of the people selling used stuff on chatsites are not in business and it is my thought that they don't treat it like a business either. I've bought from enough bigger name companies to know that many of them only guarantee shipping within 72hrs, and if it's acceptable for them to have that practice all I am saying is that we have no reason to get frantic if they don't get service from a private party any faster.

i just think our instant gratification society has taught us some bad habits.
that's all, and I just gave my opinion. sorry you feel differently
Old 01-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 123 (100%+)

Officially Hijacked.. sorry Billy..

RobbieT,
Not parsing this one, just hitting some highlights..

First section.. good, you did a better job explaining what you meant, I agree for the most part.

Second section.. Where do I live again? The larger the amount of people, the more Post offices. Simple. You don't need to go to the hub, and most times you don't even have to leave the house. Overall yes, there are alot of instant gratification types out there. But shipping something shouldn't be that "hard" or time consuming.. my main point is, if you commit to selling something, use as much or MORE effort in completing the deal.. It's your rep on the line.

Third section.. done.

Fourth Section... None of this has anything to do with "a perfect world" scenerio.. Nor does it have to do with a "business" or "non-business" sells practices...it's the fact that the seller SAID he would ship on day X, and then was not heard from... PM's were sent, Replies were not... that is the scenerio.

IF a business was to delay the shipping of my items I would not get half as upset with them.. They are MUCH easier to deal with.. If a person delays shipping, and then Doesn't respond to PM or Emails.. I do get worried.. they are harder to track down or made to be held liable..

Again BillyP.. I do appologize for the hijack..
Old 01-28-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default ?

I know I'm relatively new here but, I have to agree that it's your credibility on the line. If you need a week to ship an item then u should state that in your post. I bet if u stated that u needed a week to ship u wouldn't get very many inquiries. Just my opinion.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I usually ship the next day.. normally i package in line and by the time i get to the counter im all done
Old 01-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If you cant ship within a couple days , just dont tell your buyer you can, that simple.You dont even have to leave your computer or home for that matter to ship for gods sakes.If you accept payment through paypal , you CAN ship through paypal through either usps OR ups and schedule a pick-up.Done. no hassles, no waiting in line, no driving across town, and no BS.If your going to tell someone you will ship within a couple days and cant its as simple as dropping them a PM and letting them know You couldnt get it done.They will respect you more for being a stand up guy and letting them know what is going on.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by billyp1106
Just wondering what peoples thought is on, when you pay for something and they say it will ship on a certain day with tracking, and you dont hear from them or have your pm's replied to even though you know they have been online?....
i know who your talking about and he's doing the same thing to me right now. says he shipped it but no track # and no reply to pm's and still no part.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Talked to this guy on the phone today....he sent couple emails yesterday.....He says i should have the item by saturday....i have his work# and home phone #....ill keep everyone updated...maybe he is a man of his word!
Old 01-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

well so far he has failed to contact me
Old 01-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I try to get things out when I say I will but if for whatever reason I cannot I will PM you letting you know otherwise...I think it's one thing to be late shipping and another to ignore pm's..I guess really what I am saying is...is that If you haven't shipped then say so...it's alot better than not responding
Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (57%+)

ok well i am the guy this ********** is talking about. lets start

1.when i first talk to this guy it took about 1-1 1/2 weeks to get the deal done. he said he really wanted the engine but was low on cash. i gave him my number and told him i will not sell the engine to him untill he calls me so we can talk. i told him i would send out monday usps and have traking number. then i gave him 5 dollers off he said he didnt have the 110 i wanted so when i went to ship usps i shipped reg. 5-7 days and there is no traking number or lable number.it was in an bubble envalope. he paid on the 24th i think it was a saturday night. well tuesday the 27th is when he went nuts with 3 emails 2 pms the tread 5 phone calls. i was very busy with plowing and salting.but he pays satrday night and gives me one day to ship. i email him with the number on the rec. and i called him and still he puts up a paypal complaint and thay hold the money. he did thid tuesday. like i told u i was very busy f-cking working not seting by my P.C i work and as of right now i sent u an engine and i did not get paid for it so u are ripping me off one day late and u go nutz. now i see this?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
Old 02-02-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast-no-fastest
ok well i am the guy this ********** is talking about. lets start

1.when i first talk to this guy it took about 1-1 1/2 weeks to get the deal done. he said he really wanted the engine but was low on cash. i gave him my number and told him i will not sell the engine to him untill he calls me so we can talk. i told him i would send out monday usps and have traking number. then i gave him 5 dollers off he said he didnt have the 110 i wanted so when i went to ship usps i shipped reg. 5-7 days and there is no traking number or lable number.it was in an bubble envalope. he paid on the 24th i think it was a saturday night. well tuesday the 27th is when he went nuts with 3 emails 2 pms the tread 5 phone calls. i was very busy with plowing and salting.but he pays satrday night and gives me one day to ship. i email him with the number on the rec. and i called him and still he puts up a paypal complaint and thay hold the money. he did thid tuesday. like i told u i was very busy f-cking working not seting by my P.C i work and as of right now i sent u an engine and i did not get paid for it so u are ripping me off one day late and u go nutz. now i see this?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
With your typing skills it seems like your 16....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.