Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Racing In Rhode Island

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 07:02 AM
Tech Adept

Default Racing In Rhode Island

yeah, im at boarding school here in newport RI, and have yet to find a track to race at........if anyone has any info, i really need a place to run my mtx-2 and mtx-3
Old 11-25-2002, 04:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey I'm in East Providence. I hear this an on road track outside of Silver City Galleria and indoors they have a carpet oval. Also in Fall River there is an indoor/outdoor dirt track and an indoor carpeted track.

I'v always been an off road basher my self so havent been. I'll be getting my first TC pretty soon thoug so I'll definately be checking out the racing scene there.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

do u know of st. georges? if so, how far away are these tracks?......if i cant make it to them, im going to try and start an r/c club here at school, and make a track
Old 11-26-2002, 06:33 AM
Tech Rookie

Well New Port is pretty far removed from most of the rest of Rhode Island lol. So you would have quite a way to go to get to either track. The tracks are part of a hobby shop called Big Boy Toys. I'll try and find the link to their site for ya. But yeah if you don't have any way of getting around freely i.e. a car lol you're probably gonna find it hard to get to either track.

Do alot of people in your school or area have RC's? If you get something actually up and running I would definately stop by for a race.

Is there anyone else from RI on this board? Show your selves!!
Old 11-30-2002, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i have been racing at Big Boys Toys for the past few seasons, and they are currently running indoor only right now, carpet roadcoarse and oval at their location in the silver city mall in Taunton, MA (which is right off rt. 24), and in fall river they have an indoor dirt track.

their website is www.bigboystoyshobbies.com and it lists when they race and also their locations.

if you have any questions just ask!