Wiki Posts
Search

Moving to Pa.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Moving to Pa.

Is there any onroad and offroad racing in the Annville area? What scale and what classes are being ran. I need to sell off equipment I will not need there.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

The closest tracks to Annville, PA are probably Pit Stop Hobbies (Mount Joy, PA) and Bumps and Jumps (Etters, PA). Pit Stop is an outdoor track and runs in spring/summer/fall (usually Friday nights), while Bumps and Jumps is an indoor track that runs in the winter. These are both 10th scale tracks and 2wd mod buggy and 4wd buggy are probably the most popular classes with some short course classes also.

If you dont mind a 60-90 minute drive there are a bunch of 8th scale offroad tracks around this area. LCRC is about an hour away, and is the nicest facility on the east coast. They are hosting the 8th scale electric nationals this year, as they did in 2013. They even had the 8th scale nitro nationals in 2012, so it's obviously a top notch track. Other than LCRC there is Trains and Lanes in Easton, PA, Hobby Hut in Audubon, PA, G's in Shippensburg, PA and Mushroom Bowl in Kennett Square, PA. There are 8th scale tracks at each of these places and the biggest classes are 8th scale nitro buggy and electric buggy. They also have regular turnouts for 8th scale nitro truggy and the electric truggy class has also grown a lot this year.

Hope this information helps you out...They all have threads in the racing forum if you need more info.
Old 06-05-2015, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

lucky dog. wish I was an hour from LCRC. takes me almost 4. worth it though.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the info. I'm more onroad than offroad. I may sell off my car stuff and fly my heli's, quads and go back to trains.
Old 06-09-2015, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Where are the on road tracks. outdoor or indoor carpet that run 12th scale?
Old 06-09-2015, 10:59 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steven57rc
Where are the on road tracks. outdoor or indoor carpet that run 12th scale?
Carpet around this area is more what the dogs sleep on around here. The only place for carpet is Middle River Hobbies in Maryland and its about 90 miles from Harrisburg Pa. From Annville it would be even farther. In this area offroad and dirt oval are the main things around here.

If you fly then their are two flying clubs around the Harrisburg Area you could fly at.
Old 06-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM

There is also a thread in the Track Locator Forum. They run in the winter. Very nice family friendly place to race. Carpeted on-road racing and off-road racing on alternating Friday nights.