R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 10-12-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Where to race indoor carpet in Cali?

I am looking for locations in Cali that have indoor carpet racing for 1/10th scale cars. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
tunnelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 01:32 PM   #2
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelhead
I am looking for locations in Cali that have indoor carpet racing for 1/10th scale cars. Your help would be greatly appreciated!
Drive 3-4 hours north to Gilroy (Hobby World) and to Stockton.

check out www.rcracing.com they have information on both tracks there.

www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:41 PM   #3
Tech Master

Is this the only place you know of in Cali for carpet track? I have been there a few times. It is a pretty cool place. Very large and love that there are now poles in the middle of the track to distract you. I ask because the hooby store where I work at will be moving in to a much larger store and we will have a very large indoor track. With CRC Calandra carpet. The best. Right now we have a 25'x65' indoor carpet track for micros. Will be coming soon
Old 10-12-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Their is also a carpet track in Kingsburg Ca.It's in the Central valley,about 20 miles south of Fresno.Track is 40x80 CRC,carpet,AMB,RC Scoring Pro.Track is a little bumpy but still very drivable.We are having a money race on Nov. 19.The tracks name is Racers Oasis.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnelhead
Is this the only place you know of in Cali for carpet track? I have been there a few times. It is a pretty cool place. Very large and love that there are now poles in the middle of the track to distract you. I ask because the hooby store where I work at will be moving in to a much larger store and we will have a very large indoor track. With CRC Calandra carpet. The best. Right now we have a 25'x65' indoor carpet track for micros. Will be coming soon
Where is the current track? The new track will be in the same area?
Dodgersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 07:00 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe someone will get one going down here in the SOCAL area?
Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 09:38 PM   #7
Tech Master

The store is Fastlap Hobbies in San Luis Obispo, CA. Right on the coast. About 4 hours north of LA and 4 hours south of SF. Plans are for about 4,000 to 5,000 square feet of carpet. With weekly racing and special event races. check us out at www.fastlapslo.com The store will be located in the same town. Right now we race micros on Fridays and soon Tuesdays. Then on the second and forth Sunday of the month when have outdoor parking lot races. Very well organized and a very nice high traction asphalt surface to race on.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:31 AM   #8
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoma
Maybe someone will get one going down here in the SOCAL area?
So Cal can barely keep their doors open,I doubt that (with the price of real estate in the Southern California area) you will ever see another indoor track,If you do it would be Grand opening/Grand closing.The Harsh facts of life is that their are not enough hard core racers to keep indoor tracks open for very long in California.It's all about the price of real estate.In the So. Cal area the price of a building large enough to have a track is in the $4500 to $5000 range.That means you need 83 racers a week just to pay rent,You still have to pay the "extras"(insurance,utillitys,alarm..etc..)This is the problem we have in Ca.Tunnelhead,you asked about carpet tracks and I tell you their is another one in Kingsburg and you have no questions ??
Old 10-14-2005, 10:50 AM   #9
Tech Master

I didnt have any questions because they were all answered for looking at the website. Thanks for the info much appreciated!!!Always like to travel to try other tracks
Old 10-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #10
Tech Lord

I don't mean to sound so negative about indoor tracks but as an owner of one it's hard not to get a little bummed out every now and then..
Old 10-22-2005, 09:38 AM   #11
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Carpet tracks

xxxkat,
I went to your web site but I can't seem to find any pictures, Am I missing them? Do you run a hobby store there also or is just a track?

tunnelhead,
I hope that this is true and it does not end up as xxxkat says it will. I know Chris and Donna run a great operation and think that they will give it there best to make it work.
Shopkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:04 AM   #12
Tech Lord

We had a problem with the web site and some how the photos got deleated,Yes we do have a very small hobby shop.Our track has been slammed so hard that we are going to move into a new building next year,bigger track and NO poles in the center.I was not trying to be so negative in my post but attendance at all tracks in California has been 50% of what it was last year.I would be very careful in expanding.I would have to say make sure the support is their locally.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:36 PM   #13
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Ok, I will check back to the site again later.

You say slammed? Does that mean that you have such a large turnout you need more room? (your web site says less racing from lack of attendance) Or, do you mean that people are not showing up because of the facility? Just curious.
Shopkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:53 PM   #14
Tech Lord

That would be lack of attendance due to a few thing,slammed as in negative views of our track.We use wooden boards(small track)The lanes are a lot smaller than a typical outdoor track.(8ft)the track does have a few bumps but it's still very raceable,Gas going up to $3.00+ did not help either.We are located in a small town so we need the out of town guys to stay open.We are trying to get some more photos of our track on our web site.

Last edited by xxxkat; 10-24-2005 at 11:46 AM.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 10:22 PM   #15
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

tunnel head .... check put www.stocktonrcraceway.com for Cali's longest running carpet program. We have a 48'x100' track. We run on new CRC Fast Track II carpet, we have a 6' high drivers stand, AMB rc, RC Scoring Pro (first in Cali) on-site snack bar, trackside wireless internet, pro parts service, pit tables, chairs, power and just about anything else you would need at a carpet track. We run an on-road program twice a week and an oval program twice a month. Come check us out for some the best competition on Cali.

Ruben
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote