R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 12-05-2005, 06:50 PM   #256
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

OK, I just didn't want to upset anyone over the tire issue.
chensleyrc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 PM   #257
Tech Elite

70'x36'
Old 12-05-2005, 06:52 PM   #258
Tech Elite

Where is this place at?
Old 12-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #259
Tech Adept

Rox is 36' x 70ish'. I'm not sure how they ended up with 32'??? I do know that we struggled to get any sort of a descent layout with 36' width...I can only imagine the whining that will ensue when you make guys run on 8 foot lanes (as apposed to 9 ft at Rox) . I had to smile as I typed that....but I'm serious.

I wouldn't be surprised if all their racers got upset over it, pouted and went to run at Alan's.
sps3172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 06:54 PM   #260
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Chris: Behind the St. Charles Movie Theater on Hwy 94. About 1/2 mile from the Page extension. According to the flyer on the door supposedly they are opening this Friday.
kcobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 07:17 PM   #261
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Well Steve, since you asked, you are partially correct. First, for right now you are right, I don't like the layout. I am just learning to set up and drive my TC and I find it easier to learn on a track that is not as technical as the one you have laid out as well as one that doesn't have bricks. Further, nearly everyone there is light years ahead of where i am from a driving standpoint. I find it to be a lot more fun to race with a group of guys who are similar to my skill level. I know the argument that to be faster you have to run with faster guys but to be honest i don't really care. i do this for fun and if, while i'm learning, i can at least run in the middle of the pack, that is fun to me. when i get better i will be down to race with you guys. the comment about a "lack of a layout" is more or less what i expected, but you may want to think about it. on a good week allen gets 50+ cars, on a slow weekend, around 30. granted this is made up of both oval and on-road, but it is revenue through the door either way. despite what greg says (please understand greg, no argument intended) it is not growing in south roxana. it seems to be the same group of guys, albeit a very fast group of guys. I like coming over there because I like all the guys that race there and you are all very helpful, and hopefully i'll progress to the poiint that i can at least run in the middle of the pack with you guys (which as established earlier is fun for me). since i'm already going on and on, chris, the rubber tires were fun. i'm sorry, i hate to admit it, i'm not proud of it, but dang it, it was fun. And not a single chunked tire.

i hope no one takes this personally, because it was not intended that way.
rccars4scott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #262
Tech Addict

P.S. Steve, no one is pouting.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:30 PM   #263
Tech Elite

I understand were you are coming from, about the level of talant at the track, there are only a handfull of places with this level of racing, but there could also have been a sportsman class for the beginer, if there was interest.
We do have people just starting out, and I have seperated them from the rest, just so they are not always moving out of the way. The layout we have now is not that technical to me.(my opinion only). Anything easier and you might as well run Touring oval!! But, I can't make everyone happy.

And as far as the turnout, we are still getting 15-20 every night, and 5-10 on Sunday's, and we are getting newbies.

Also about the rubber tires, sorry I couldn't run them here, my hands are tied on this one, talk to Bob W and Mike K on the reasons why, they race at Allens every Sunday. And I agree with them on this issue, just speaking on experiance.

Unfortunatly I have had my run in's with this before, and so has ROAR, that is why there is only one ROAR national event that uses rubber, and that is TC's on asphalt.

Maybe after Johnny Throttle's opens up there will be a place and track for everyone!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:33 PM   #264
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 102 (98%+)
Default rubbers spotted north of here.....

Quote:
the rubber tires were fun. i'm sorry, i hate to admit it, i'm not proud of it, but dang it, it was fun. And not a single chunked tire.

There's a small but steady group of rubbers just north of us. They seem to be getting closer and closer.

I'll be ready for the invasion. Are you?

Sorry Scott I couldn't resist. (photo work) Looks like you guys are having a good time up in Springfield. Good talking to you this weekend. Just keep on driving that's whats important. Thats the only way you'll get any better. When you are ready to run with us I'll be more than glad to help you out just as I have for anyone who ask.

Steve, (mod issue) when the class show enough interest (size) I'll be glad to run either mod or 19T. Seem like for now everybody is OK running stock.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:55 PM   #265
Tech Elite

anybody else having any trouble with the site being SLOW for the past couple of hours?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:01 PM   #266
Tech Elite

What's all this talk about a new track in Saint Charles?
I'm in the dark on this one.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:08 PM   #267
Tech Adept

Sweet picture, Larry....caught him red handed with a 12th scale car sporting FOAM tires!!

Scott, I was poking fun directly at you about coercing folks to run at Alan's.....but the pouting was more a general statement. I remember all the gasps and groans when I attempted to draw a new layout for Rox....I was predicting similar difficulties for whomever attempted to work with 'less' space at the new track. Sorry if left room for you to take that one personally. As far as running with guys that have the same skill level as you, I'm quite confident that you'd be able to fall right in 'midpack' at our track too.....but I give up. For whatever reason, you prefer Alan's. You'll come run if and when you want to. I'll be glad to see you when you do. Stop by for all the help you need.

Larry, I think you missed my point (or I missed yours). I guess I'll just wait and see which motor you bolt in on Friday night.

RE: Slow site.....I believe there was some sort of scheduled 'sever maintenance' this evening.
sps3172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 10:13 PM   #268
Tech Elite

Yeah but the big smile is because he's on the way to pick up his rubber laying sedan!

I've got a 19turn ready but no mods. Well, actually I have a old P94 12 and 10 turn and a 12 and 10 turn D5. They all need help. I can't seem to get them up to speed like they were when new. Maybe you could take a look at them.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:28 AM   #269
Tech Addict

Damn, you guys caught me, note that it i'm holding a 1/12th scale with foams. I can't wait until they come out with rubber tires for those!!! that's awesome larry, you have a career as a graphic designer to fall back on if you ever get tired of that whole flying thing. chris, understand your point. gotta go to work, now.
Old 12-06-2005, 07:08 AM   #270
Tech Adept

Scott - from what I saw of your driving, you and I are very close in skill level. I've jumped in head 1st at Roxana and can tell you, it's fun running with these guys. We get faster every week.

The new attendance is true by the way. The last 3 weeks we've had new drivers show up (Dan, Bill, Ron Roy showed up and I know of others coming out soon). If you ever decide to throw down that TC, we'll put you in that count as well. BTW - try your RDX before you run that FK'05. That thing is last years car and we all know last years cars are way slower.

Also: If we run Mod - I need to talk to you about that RDX
GMSchmidt is offline   Reply With Quote