R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 09-08-2005, 01:52 PM   #16
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Are you guys going to run on Saturdays..soon or just on fridays.Is the track no longer ran by HT,or are you guys going to take over ??I know a few of the guys that race there,I cant race on Fridays,Thats when my Track runs(racers oasis..carpet track)When you guys make the switch I'll try to come on out and race my Savage(s)..
Old 09-08-2005, 02:02 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well we are in the process of getting away from HT because of the lack of support.Currently still under HT.

We are going to be planning some Saturday events and when we do i will let you know. Currently friday is the only day we run.
Bone$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:03 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxkat
Are you guys going to run on Saturdays..soon or just on fridays.Is the track no longer ran by HT,or are you guys going to take over ??I know a few of the guys that race there,I cant race on Fridays,Thats when my Track runs(racers oasis..carpet track)When you guys make the switch I'll try to come on out and race my Savage(s)..
hey mike,

were in the process of forming a club then taking over the track,so far we are running on fridays still since its the only open day(with cycle art still running on sat.)but when they switch over we are going to see how open people are to running sat.

btw-we are holding a race on sat. the 24th of this month for the victims of hurricane katrina with all proceeds going to charity hope to see you then.

steven

Last edited by stevenmichael; 09-08-2005 at 06:26 PM. Reason: correction
stevenmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:36 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGG BALLS
Hey Fellas, Just wanted to stop by and say WATS UP!!!! SAVAGE RULES
Hey steve and daz.. ya going to bring them Pretty Trucks out on Friday? Hope to see ya in the MAIN bring a rope so I can pull you over the finish line DAz bring a trailer So you can haul steve,and I'll pull you both over the finish LINE!!! Thats what friends are for. anyways lots of fun @ the Madera track hope to see more LST's or maybe even some Revo's to give Team Savage some FUN
BigBalls Mean people suck!! No Im not going to bring out my trailer queen. Im in Socal. I hit Revelations and Pegasus the other day and ran the Mayhem.The tracks are cool.Oh yeah and did I mention I Meet some nice people that dont suck And I had alot of fun!!! I took abunch of pics pegasus is cool they have a fire hose for watering. Anyway, have fun Friday and try and spank some Losi butt.
DAZLST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 02:37 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
hey mike,

i meant to swing by and talk to you at the carpet track but have been unable to make it,are you still in touch with the guys that run down in porterville id like to get ahold of them to find out what we could do to make them want to travel up here to run.

if so pm me or email me thanks
steven
Old 09-08-2005, 02:41 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAZLST1
BigBalls Mean people suck!! No Im not going to bring out my trailer queen. Im in Socal. I hit Revelations and Pegasus the other day and ran the Mayhem.The tracks are cool.Oh yeah and did I mention I Meet some nice people that dont suck And I had alot of fun!!! I took abunch of pics pegasus is cool they have a fire hose for watering. Anyway, have fun Friday and try and spank some Losi butt.
what up DAZ,you switching teams now

so did they get the roof up yet?

btw- he meant my trailer queen but thats fine let him talk and we'll see whos talking at the end of fri. night
Old 09-08-2005, 05:11 PM   #22
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

You guys should try a series race..on a saturday..The porterville(sp)track and you guys..
Old 09-08-2005, 06:20 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Quote:
You guys should try a series race..on a saturday..The porterville(sp)track and you guys..
thats a possibility when the club takes the track over,but it will never happen right now with the people that are currently running it.
steven
Old 09-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
tell you what mike, you find out how many people are willing to come every saturday and ill find out how many from here will and ill talk to nick.

right now were trying to do everything we can to get as many people as possible to come out to the track and if that means moving it to saturday well so be it,the only problem is we have tried that we took a vote on it and 5 of the 7 people that voted to move the day NEVER showed not once.so as of now it would take a commitment of people to make that kind of switch.

so lmk and we'll talk somemore
steven
Old 09-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Dude im soo down for Saturday race if you figure we race now from 8pm to 11pm or 12am. 4hrs if we started the race at 8am in the morning or even 10 it still leaves alot of daylight at the end of the day to do whatever you want.

HEY I GOT THE JAMMIN

DAZ~ how did you do at revelation and pegasus? how big was the track at pegasus? thats where we are going for the Savage Slam you need to update me on what type of tires you think would be good to run.

anyway man tear it up
Bone$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 08:59 PM   #26
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Rat's! UPS showed up today without my FOC kit but the good news is it was the new digital Nikon so I can get some pics up of the ProjectLST. I'm out Friday guys. The Doobie Brothers are in town at the Fair and I never miss a Doobies concert. I got the basic site layed down and uploaded for www.projectlst.com It's got a ways to go but it's a start. Check it out. I will be soliciting ideas and feedback real soon. Also planning a forum.

Steven, Do you have any ideas for the name of the club? Let's throw out some ideas and when we settle on something I'll pick up the domain of the same name so we can post race results and track info on the web. Waddaya think?

dirtdemon
dirtdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 09:47 PM   #27
Tech Apprentice

Club thing is good but my thought if ya don't mind fellas? Is that lets say we pick the corner of Blackstone and Shaw to build our new Off road track we can even get the clay for free and maybe set up a HPI Slam or LOSI slam to come out. But I think we should first before anything talk to who might be renting the place or maybe who owns it....HT is in charge and until they step down I don't want to waste time because because time my friend you can never get back. Money you can always make...sry if i sound negative but we need to get the DUCKS in a row
BIGG BALLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 10:51 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

Bone$, Pegasus is a fairly small off road track with alot of technical spots. You never really get a chance to open it all the way up all the time with the exception of the back stretch and if you do there you stand a chance of going head on with a wall, But its cool, the wall has a berm built into it. Picture a Skater doing a wallride, YEAH ITS PRETTY COOL!!. Anyways the track is tight and close almost every straight has a single or double or staggered singles. The turns very in height so everything is angulating "not flat" Whats nice is its easy to see. All jumps are right in front of you. Very easy to line up or land them.They have one big jump in the middle with a big landing, Its kind of similar to ours "i.e. you come right out of a turn and there it is" it doesnt take alot to get over it though. They have a really killer table top maybe 8 ft long 2 ft high right below the driver stand that drops a few feet more on exit into a hard right hander that is a Blast!!! But...This one goes right into a wall and this one has no berm?? I used the crimefighters and was hooked although there was a guy there that was always laying down the water with a fire hose!!. I adapted to the track quick. It was fun to drive You may want to gear down and the dirt seems fairly hard packed with a little surface dust the 40 series bowties I think would work good for MTs.Anyway I took a ton of pictures with my cell, Ill get them to you as soon as I can. Revelations was awsome too Since your not going there I wont go into detail but they are both top notch. Since Pegasus has moved next door they have almost anything you could need on site, The rc section is BIG.And they stock all the top name brands. Its Mugen and Offna country there. Your JJ will fit in well there. DAZLST1

Last edited by DAZLST1; 09-09-2005 at 12:39 AM.
DAZLST1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 09:12 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone$
Dude im soo down for Saturday race if you figure we race now from 8pm to 11pm or 12am. 4hrs if we started the race at 8am in the morning or even 10 it still leaves alot of daylight at the end of the day to do whatever you want.

HEY I GOT THE JAMMIN

DAZ~ how did you do at revelation and pegasus? how big was the track at pegasus? thats where we are going for the Savage Slam you need to update me on what type of tires you think would be good to run.

anyway man tear it up
john,im thinking more along the lines of this in addition to the normal fri. race,there are alot of people that are unable to make it on sat. this is why we went back to fri. in the first place while it would be nice to do earlier it will eliminate several people from being able to come out.

if we could get one going where we race as normal on fri. then do a seperate series on sat. to get the people that are unable to make it fri. i think it might work. but we need to know how many are commited to it first and not only commited but will come out to support it on a regular basis.

steven

btw-good news on the jammin hope to see it out there tonight
Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdemon
Rat's! UPS showed up today without my FOC kit but the good news is it was the new digital Nikon so I can get some pics up of the ProjectLST. I'm out Friday guys. The Doobie Brothers are in town at the Fair and I never miss a Doobies concert. I got the basic site layed down and uploaded for www.projectlst.com It's got a ways to go but it's a start. Check it out. I will be soliciting ideas and feedback real soon. Also planning a forum.

Steven, Do you have any ideas for the name of the club? Let's throw out some ideas and when we settle on something I'll pick up the domain of the same name so we can post race results and track info on the web. Waddaya think?

dirtdemon
really havent started throwing names out there yet as soon as the agreement is in place then the club can form and all who is involved will come up with the name.

website is a bitch'n idea ive been pressing nick since last year to get one going but as yet NOTHING,oh well it seems to be par for the course