Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya America Track

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 10:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tamiya America Track

I didn't see any information posted on the Tamiya America Track.

I am going to be in the area for a week in November. It is a good 5 months from now, yet am thinking it would be fun to give my Tamiya M05 a few laps and get some photos on the track that it was tested on while being designed. (I also have an HPI Cup Racer that I thought may be fun to get some photos on the HPI test track while on my visit-but that is another thread).

Curious if anyone has run on the Tamiya America track? The Tamiya website page says that it is open on Saturdays for practice runs and free to run your Tamiya RC cars. The page hasn't been updated since 2004 (or according to the copyright). --so not sure how accurate the info is?

Question:
1) Is the Tamiya track open on Saturdays to the public?
2) What is the scene there, -is it super crowded (assuming no event is scheduled).
3) Is it open year round (thinking of November)?

thanks!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

1. Yes, the Tamiya track is open to the public. 10-4pm, but maybe later during the summer hours.
2. It does get crowded sometimes, in the order of 20-30 something people, but not running all at the same time.
3. It's open year-round.

It's a great track in an awesome location. There are a lot of eateries close by that you can grab some grub and bring to the track. They had some competition racing series there several weekends last month, so the track curbs/dividers/run-offs were recently repainted and looks fresh! If I go this weekend I'll take some updated pictures.
Old 06-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

-Thanks! This is great to hear.
I will not be down until November, but definitely plan to run a few laps w/ my M05 and snap a few photos on the track it was tested on during development!

Can't wait!!