R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-03-2014, 12:14 PM   #1

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Lightbulb NJ offroad

Hey guys... I'd like to make this thread to gauge the interest of off road racing in NJ.. As most Jersey Boys and Girls know.. We have one track... And that's in Vineland... For some that's super close... But if your like me.. And live in say central or North Jersey your kinda so unless u wanna travel for long distances either to Vineland or outta state.. Wondering what kind of interest can be generated for one in the central Jersey area... And what would be your guys thoughts.. I know the saying if u build it they will Come... We I'd like to see if it's worth building... What do u guys think... Perhaps we can get some guys together and build it should there be interest involved...

Thanks for the time everyone...
antiheroxiix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiheroxiix View Post
Hey guys... I'd like to make this thread to gauge the interest of off road racing in NJ.. As most Jersey Boys and Girls know.. We have one track... And that's in Vineland... For some that's super close... But if your like me.. And live in say central or North Jersey your kinda so unless u wanna travel for long distances either to Vineland or outta state.. Wondering what kind of interest can be generated for one in the central Jersey area... And what would be your guys thoughts.. I know the saying if u build it they will Come... We I'd like to see if it's worth building... What do u guys think... Perhaps we can get some guys together and build it should there be interest involved...

Thanks for the time everyone...
Check out Trains and Lanes in Easton PA. I live in warren county and it's not that far from me. Other tracks are Barnstormers, LCRC, MBRC, and MRRC. Thats just outdoor offroad. There are lots of track around within a 1-2 hour drive. Traveling is just part of racing unfortunately
Old 05-03-2014, 12:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunco1 View Post
Check out Trains and Lanes in Easton PA. I live in warren county and it's not that far from me. Other tracks are Barnstormers, LCRC, MBRC, and MRRC. Thats just outdoor offroad. There are lots of track around within a 1-2 hour drive. Traveling is just part of racing unfortunately
Yes I've heard of them.. My problem is the constant traveling.. I'd like something more local so I don't have to always travel... And also because of work schedule... Also I figured a lot of people may have gotten outta racing due to the fact that they can't afford to travel or work doesn't permit it... Im just trying to Guage interest.. And at the same time... I'd like to see more options for more people... I personally live in Jamesburg... And that's Middlesex County... And the closest track to me is almost 2 hrs away... I can't race atm because of the travel time and the fact there is no place semi local... Where we at one time had Jackson rc.. But they have since shut down off road... Im just looking to see if there may be some interest in a new track in this area... I love racing in all its forms tho I may not have much experience on a track I do enjoy it non the less.. So if I can share my love with others or maybe I trounce others to the sport.. Then I can be happy... I most recently got my dad I to rc.. I bought him an e revo brushed.. And now he has a Slash and son of digger.. And a grand in hop ups for his e revo lol... And that made me happy... Seeing him enjoy something I love... So I thought maybe I can do that on a bigger scale
Old 05-03-2014, 12:32 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

And we have Cruizin with RC's in Waldwick, NJ - right of RT 17 with a great covered offroad track. Racing is on Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons. Open practice on non race days.

If your only looking for 1/8 stuff, then the tracks TJ mentioned are spot on.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandturk View Post
And we have Cruizin with RC's in Waldwick, NJ - right of RT 17 with a great covered offroad track. Racing is on Wednesday nights and Saturday afternoons. Open practice on non race days.

If your only looking for 1/8 stuff, then the tracks TJ mentioned are spot on.
Yeah I've looked at those tracks.. Just trying to see if there would be interest in one in the central Jersey area... I'd like to run one one if it's possible... But obviously need the interest before I can try to do anything
Old 05-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

There's always a lot of interest in central NJ. There was a recent effort to get tracks going in Wall and at Raceway Park in Englishtown. These might still be in progress.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #7
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yes! theres plenty of racers in central nj. we were waiting for the wall twshp track but never happen. I used to race at trax70 offroad and they were a lot of racers show up every week.
impoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:51 AM   #8

Yeah idk what happened at wall.. I'd like to start something but need some support
Old 05-06-2014, 11:00 AM   #9
Tech Initiate

i guess we can check out aj racetrack in hamilton. vineland is to far me. that the reason i stop racing.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #10

Problem is I need to find a place that runs Nitro.. Cus that's all I have atm my other issue is getting my father to go.. He works like a dog and can't drive 2 hrs to race for an hr and then drive 2 hrs back... Plus by time he gets off of work it's already 5pm
Old 05-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #11
Tech Initiate

i miss racing!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #12
Tech Adept

I understand wanting a track in central jersey there is plenty of guys who would love one , the problem you will have is that you need a good amount of land to make one on and then getting the transponder system , these things will cost money , plus dirt and hose building a drivers stand all will cost money to get done .your best bet is to try Trains and lanes they are running saturday race's this season so maybe you can get one in . also wall and Englishtown are dead an done they wont happen sorry it would have been cool.
BigThyperST is offline   Reply With Quote