Wiki Posts
Search

RC Acres - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 08:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up RC Acres - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Greetings all,

Just realized there is no RC Acres thread here yet. I did search in numerous ways to make sure, so if there is, I'll be surprised haha.

RC Acres is located at 1476 Highway 5, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.

Opened in 2012, they made a road-side 1/5 scale track. I initially went there my first time with a HPI Savage, and had a blast. Someone there let me drive their Losi 5ive-T for a few minutes and I was in heaven. Needless to say, in 2013 I got myself a Losi 5ive-T (won it actually, even better). A few races in to the 2013 season, the track was moved further back on the property. Being roadside was bit of a distraction to passer-bys. One of our drivers is a video editor for a local television outlet, and makes amazing videos of the track and our races. I encourage you to look them up.

Search for 'RC ACRES FIFTH SCALE RACING' to see the front track before being tore down, and 'LARGE SCALE RACING RC Acres Club' that showcases our current back track. Both videos are done by kpopRC

RC Acres in collaboration with The BarnYard in Stratford, Ontario, hosted the 2013 Ontario Fifth Scale Off-Road Championship. Ten races to take place between the two tracks.

At RC Acres, the 1/5 scale amateur winners would get trophies every race, and the pro's would win cash paybacks.

We just this past Saturday, (December 14), had our end of season banquet. Great time. Where we crowned the points winners from our 2013 season.

Our Amateur 4WD Losi winner won a whole new Losi 5ive-T, and our Amateur HPI Baja winner won a whole new Baja. The Pro's again, got a cash prize.

There was great food, drinks, prizes from anything to a TV to Texas Mickeys of booze.

RC Acres is also proud to say that their 2013 season was sponsored by DDM, FullForceRC, Horizon Hobbies, Great Hobbies, Skycraft Hobbies, JetPro, BOCA Bearing, TeamFastEddy, and TGN Distributing. With their great prize donations, we were able to provide everyone at the banquet with a little something to take home. A great time to be had by all.

In 2013, RC Acres was host the the Canadian RC Pro final. A three day 1/8 event, using the 1/5 scale track. Friday and Saturday night brought live bands, and also on Saturday night, a Pig Roast. With Camping available, it was a great time too.

2014 Will bring a new series and greater plans for RC Acres. Crowning it the Ontario Regional Championship Series (O.R.C.S.), it will showcase five to six 1/5 scale points races. Once again, amateurs will win trophies, and pros get cash paybacks every race. We've already had a few American Hobby shops offer to sponsor and provide prizes for the 2014 season and banquet. We also have almost a dozen American's willing to make the trek to the five or six races. From as far as five hours away. Ten hours of driving to race at our facility, that has to speak volumes.

2014 will also bring a three day fifth scale event, the Canadian Fifth Scale Nationals to take place on July 18-20, 2014. We picked this date to not interfere with what dates we know of so far for races like LargeScaleRC Power Jam, East Coast Nationals, Midwest Largescale Shootout, or the RC-Challenge Off-Road Fest. We're hoping to do the same as we did for the Canadian RC Pro final weekend in 2013, with having live bands, pig roasts, fun and games, etc..

Anyways, I've rambled on enough. Please do not hesitate to send me a PM or reply here, and I will try to answer any questions I can.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

Stay tuned for 2014 Ontario Fifth Scale Off-Road Championship information as well as RC Acres' 3-day 1/5 Scale event - 2014 Canadian 5ifth Scale Nationals