R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Railyard Hobbies in Elverson PA, NEW TRACK!... (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/771368-railyard-hobbies-elverson-pa-new-track.html)

imxlr8ed 11-12-2013 07:51 AM

Railyard Hobbies in Elverson PA, NEW TRACK!...

Just stopped by last night and had a look at one of the largest investments in a Hobby Shop I think I'll ever see in my lifetime!

They have it all and I'm sure they are going to have a lot more in time! The Indoor Clay Dirt Track is a sight to behold! Almost brought a tear to my eye... and I'm an on-road racer type guy! :sweat: The square footage is unbelievable! The pit space looks nice, the driver's stand is elevated and the track is very technical. Honestly, I feel that with this nice of a facility, they are going to need to build a few more pit spaces.

Just a simple exit off of I76 puts it around an hour from either the Delaware to the Susquehanna rivers, or from the Mason Dixon line and the Poconos... perfect location!

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Here's the current website for the place and be sure to check them out on FaceBook as well!

http://www.railyardhobbies.com/

They have rental cars too and will be open to classes, if a group of 6 or more want to race a specific class... the owner is open to it! Electric only though!!! Nitro indoors is a bit too much! Roar Rules and standards will apply to all classes. It's a new race program so I'm sure things will evolve as they always do.

Best of luck to the owner and all of his crew! Very glad to see this happen in our area!

DialedIn-67 11-14-2013 11:14 AM

Not far from me I will check it out for sure....

futureboy1969 11-14-2013 04:10 PM

I saw a small pix of the track. My buddy told me about the new track. Looks AMAZING. And only an hr. Away. I'm so there!!

imxlr8ed 11-15-2013 10:03 AM

I stopped by last night, got a spin on the track with one of their rental Slashes. The clay is hard and slick in spots, the jumps are a perfect distance apart for Mod... not so much for Stock. Tough to clear the doubles when the cells drop down, really tests out the durability of these trucks! My rental performed flawlessly. Visibility is good from the driver's stand aside from 2 support beams but you get used to them pretty quickly. They are going to be running MyLaps timing system.

I did get some pics while there but didn't get a chance to upload them last night due to some manhunt going on for a wanted fugitive in the area... took about an hour to get home as opposed to 15 minutes! I'll try to get the other pics up tonight.

I'm hoping to get a few Mini-Z events there in the future for my home crew and some out-of-staters.

Other than that, he's still stocking up. He's quick with ordering and from what I have heard he's giving better discounts than some others in the biz.

lappdawg27 11-15-2013 01:06 PM

Geez, how did I not know about this place? Probably about an hour from me. Can't wait to check it out.

Vantard 11-16-2013 07:41 PM

Biggest hobby shop I ever seen, and only a couple minutes from my house, I rented a slash and ran the track, pretty nice I know I will be spending a bunch of time there

RacerX11 11-16-2013 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by lappdawg27 (Post 12728111)
Geez, how did I not know about this place? Probably about an hour from me. Can't wait to check it out.

Defiantly worth checking out. Took me around an hour to get there. Spent the day doing product demos there. Place is Huge! You'd think you were walking into a hobby superstore.

Flagler 11-17-2013 04:11 PM

Aww man, this all sounds amazing. Are they going to get weekly racing going soon? I'd imagine they'll run on Saturdays as to not clash with Bumps. Hopefully at night.

imxlr8ed 11-18-2013 09:37 AM

Tried getting the pics on here this weekend, site kept getting flagged and shutdown for some reason... something about the pop-ups?

I'll try again sometime this week.

RacerX11 11-18-2013 01:53 PM

Here is Railyards thread in the racing Forum:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...l#post12736297

spider882009 11-18-2013 02:02 PM

Yeah a nice Friday Night or Saturday Night would be awesome!!! Will try too make the trip down when up n running!!!

OSRC 11-21-2013 03:32 PM

May head over this weekend, Elverson is just down the road. I hear it's fantastic!

TOPBLISSGT 11-22-2013 07:10 AM

we are heading over this sunday and my son will be practicing with my classic rc10..

SteelAce 11-23-2013 01:12 PM

Some guys from my club went up friday and said it's terrible. Only 5 trucks on the track at a time allowed, and no one can run till those guys are done for the day. So basically they can bring a few trucks and batteries to run all day and have the track to themselves. Don't see how they are going to do races if they only allow 5 trucks one the track.

lappdawg27 11-23-2013 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by SteelAce (Post 12751336)
Some guys from my club went up friday and said it's terrible. Only 5 trucks on the track at a time allowed, and no one can run till those guys are done for the day. So basically they can bring a few trucks and batteries to run all day and have the track to themselves. Don't see how they are going to do races if they only allow 5 trucks one the track.

That seems odd, having a limit to vehicles on the track at one time isn't a bad thing, but what you explained seems like you can't have more than 5 people in the pits either. If enough people want to throw $20 at the place to practice, I'm sure they are gonna change that rule otherwise they are throwing money away.

The other thing I was wondering was how they are gonna schedule other events around the track. If they have a birthday party with say 30 kids on a Saturday and they decide to rent all the Slashes out, are they gonna be the only ones allowed on the track (being kids, you probably wouldn't want to be out there anyway!!)?

Remember the owner is new to r/c, hopefully someone with experience can control the racing/practice time once things get going.