R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 11-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelAce View Post
Some guys from my club went up friday and said it's terrible. Only 5 trucks on the track at a time allowed, and hopefully an run till those guys are done for the day. So basically they can bring a few trucks and batteries to run all day and have the track to themselves. Don't see how they are going to do races if they only allow 5 trucks one the track.
Yeah that's not gonna fly. Maybe if true racers keep showing up we can educate the staff on customary things that go on at every track. Hopefully this guy will listen to feedback from veteran guys like us. I'll be there when they open tomorrow so I sure hope I can get on right away .

Leave 17.5 off road to the kids. Put your big boy pants on and race mod.
Flagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't think he's doing it right, someone definitly needs to guide him along or the track won't last
Old 11-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Leave 17.5 off road to the kids. Put your big boy pants on and race mod.

Last edited by Flagler; 11-23-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Flagler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 04:17 AM   #19
Tech Rookie

This place is a ton of fun and a godsend when it is freezing out! Prob the same this summer when it is scorching.
Does seem to have a few minor teething issues being a new place, but they are aware of them and sounds like they will tune them up in the next revision. The 2 blind spots are the only thing I worry about if you end up in a bad spot on the box.

Not sure how this 5 car thing got so misconstrued, you just need to wait in line like the rest of us peasants. Put your car in the pit and pick out a spot on the box. Someone pulls off, you pull on. Maybe you have to wait 5-10min, boohoo.
5 cars is prob not an issue on a weeknight, but gets busy on the weekends. They have been pretty flexible with that rule lately and I have seen more than 10 at times. It really just depends on who is out there and if everybody is playing nicely. If the marshal is running around like a chicken with his head cut off trying to keep cars on their wheels, they reel it back in a bit.
zillarob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:32 AM   #20
Tech Rookie

This place is an hour from, I may have to get out there and check it out. I have been looking for some tracks in PA.
liquidh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:19 AM   #21
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Mushroom Bowl in Kennnet Square. Hour from Yardley. I go down every other weekend. Great facility and people. Didn't like the feel of Rail Yard. Only went there once.
rstansfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

yes were still here were racing every saturday till august 16th and after the final race we will be doing a whole new layout among other things to make this facility nicer also were in the process of building a on road carpet track looking to be done by the end of the summer keep checking our racing forum for info on both the clay track and the progress on the carpet track.

Railyard Hobbies will be having its christmas in july race for Toys For Tots this saturday july 26th. Drivers, race entry fees are a new unwrapped toy donation for Toys For Tots. Race fees are 12 dollars for your first class and 8 dollars for your second class so donation of equal value would be appreciated. Also every one who registers to race will receive lunch on us which will include a hot dog a bag of chips and a soda of your choice, And any one who wants the same lunch combo that didn't enter to race can purchase it for only a dollar thats right a hot dog a bag of chips and a drink for a dollar. So come out support a great cause eat some free food and race on some super tacky clay at Railyard Hobbies. PM me with any questions.

1000 Heritage Dr, Elverson, PA 19520
(610) 286-6875
10 minutes from the morgantown PA turn pike EXIT.
Buggy kid90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Checked this place out Saturday after work, was looking to get into electric for winter, the track is pretty decent, the pit tables were nice and had plenty of room, going to get a b5m and start 2wd mod buggy in a couple weeks, should a fun learning experience compared to nitro 1/8 lol
thebombster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:08 AM   #24
Tech Rookie

a friend of mine and I went there for open practice on Sunday to check the place out so me and some friends can come race there but we were very disappointed with the way things were ran there. it was $20 for practice witch is fine but then we tried to get clean laps in to practice for a race day and there was over 15 trucks and buggies on the track at once and allot of them were young kids just doing donuts in the center of the track and straight up smashing into people. my buggy was broken twice so i went to the owner after being there for 2 hours asking for a gift card to come back when they were not so busy and was told no it is what it is and nothing he can do. maybe try timed practice with kids for 10 minutes then experienced drivers for ten minutes and keep switching your timed practice every 10 minutes so everyone gets a turn and it is clean fun with the racer also in mind. buggy runs with buggy and truck with truck. the drivers stand was also a issue everyone fights for the right side of the drivers stand be cause from the left side you got big poles in your view and loose sight of your vehicle. i was excited when i seen the track to go there on a race day but after the experience we had on Sunday we will not return there .
Euroimports416 is offline   Reply With Quote