R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   Track in the bronx, NY (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/74377-track-bronx-ny.html)

rcburner 06-05-2005 08:52 PM

Track in the bronx, NY

anyone here from the BX? I heard there's a an offroad track near gunhill road somewhere? Anyone know where it is exactly?

regg151 06-05-2005 09:02 PM

Last I heard it was just a dirt oval in a park, still have yet to get any real info on it thou

rcburner 06-06-2005 01:10 AM

Where do you go to use your trucks?

rcburner 06-07-2005 08:55 PM

where do you guys use your onroad cars? I have an HPI RS4 3, and I haven't used it in awhile because it sucks using it by myself.

brooklynrc 06-08-2005 05:56 AM

if you want come down to Brooklyn to race on-road. check out our club's website. www.frracers.com

Jamie Corrado 06-08-2005 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by regg151
Last I heard it was just a dirt oval in a park, still have yet to get any real info on it thou

Yeah, it's kinda like a tri-oval but with some jumps and woops. Nothing organized, just some guys out for some fun. It's located rite off the Bronx River Pkwy, Gun Hill Rd. exit.

It's maintained by 2-3 guys and is clean of all rocks and pebbles. The track is dry and loomy with a banked sweeper.

Hope this helps some.

Jamie Corrado 06-08-2005 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by brooklynrc
if you want come down to Brooklyn to race on-road. check out our club's website. www.frracers.com

How could i forget to plug this track.
If your looking for some really good on-road racing check em' out. Fully prepped surface, smooth with traction. The guys ran a great race acouple of weeks ago and I am looking forward to the next.

www.frracers.com for more info.

rcburner 06-08-2005 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Yeah, it's kinda like a tri-oval but with some jumps and woops. Nothing organized, just some guys out for some fun. It's located rite off the Bronx River Pkwy, Gun Hill Rd. exit.

It's maintained by 2-3 guys and is clean of all rocks and pebbles. The track is dry and loomy with a banked sweeper.

Hope this helps some.

You guys out there alot? I went there the other day and i didn't see it. Is it on the southern side(going towards burke) of the exit or the northern side(going towards 219th)

Jamie Corrado 06-08-2005 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by rcburner
You guys out there alot? I went there the other day and i didn't see it. Is it on the southern side(going towards burke) of the exit or the northern side(going towards 219th)

Rcburner,
I am not a big off-road fan, so I myself only pass by hear and there to shoot the breeze with friends. So I couldn't tell you how crowded it is on a regular basis.
If you take Bronx River North at exit via Gun Hill Rd. make a right off the ramp, then a right at the first block. Go down that block about 1/8th mile till you see the fork in road, stay right goto stop sign and make a right and the track is on the right. You will see a red wooden fence, walk down the stairs an presto you are there.

Wow didn't realize how many "rights" you had to make. LOL :smile:

rcburner 06-08-2005 09:06 PM

Cool! I'm gonna stop by one day and check it out. So what type of onroad car do you have, and where do you use it?

rcburner 06-28-2005 06:59 PM

I checked out the track last weekend. It looks good, but I didn't see anyone out there, just a bunch of little kids riding bikes. I'll check back from time to time, so I can catch some people out there. Is there any day and time that people seem to be out there more so than others?

bxpitbull 02-17-2007 05:11 PM

Time to revive this thread

Gun Hill Road track is back and better than ever. No more is the oval with a jump or two. The truck has been enlarged, jumps added and you better bring your A-game because the truggies and buggies dominate the set. www.nitrorclabs.com is the site that details the track happenings. Bruckner will be holding some events when it gets warm.