R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 07-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #1
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default RC PLAYGROUND in GRAND RAPIDS MICHIGAN

Hey guys,

Me and a buddy built a big basher track in the Jenison area. Primarily big kickers and landings for every jump. We have 5 main jumps, a small rhythm section and one super kicker that has a 90 foot top to clear. The track is constantly being developed, but never left half done.

I would not recommend 1/8 scale here as you will clear all the jumps, but it's perfect for 1/10 scale and brushless mini's. THIS IS NOT A RACE TRACK and you will be bored if you drive there to race. It's meant for jumpers, scalers and bashers.

How to find it...
IF you're familiar with Grand Rapids and the surrounding area:
Follow 196 WEST to the Baldwin exit. About a half mile down on Baldwin, take a right on Cottonwood and follow it to 10th Ave. Turn right on 10th Ave and follow it to Turner. Left on Turner and 12th Ave will be a 1/4 mile down on your right. Take a right on 12th Ave and follow it down to the first parking area on your right next to the first lake(will be a pull off of the road, not a parking lot). After that, look across the lake and you will see "mounds of dirt". Walk around the lake(short walk) and you'll see they are much more than mounds of dirt.

IF you're not familiar with Grand Rapids and the surrounding area:
8992 12th Ave. Jenison, MI Plug it in your GPS or Google Map it. Then follow the steps above to locate it.

THE JUMPS ARE CLAY AND IF IT RAINS WILL BE CHANNELED OUT. I RECOMMEND ALWAYS BRINGING A METAL RAKE.

Disclaimer: Ottawa County Parks Department owns all of this land and have given me permission to build this. You are NOT trespassing by going back to this track.

ENJOY!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2013, 06:53 PM   #2
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Awesome, I live over in Hudsonville and have been looking for a place to bash around at. I have mostly 1/8 scale nitro. I may come check it out tomorrow morning to see what it's all about. Also I am willing to help build up more jumps/track if there's interest, just let me know.
punkisdead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

I have been out to this track One time i think, butthe track is actually pretty nice to run on
ThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
Tech Master

hey guys...yeah we should prolly schedule some time to go get er back to runnable. i was out there fishing yesterday and it looked pretty rough.

its not a track, so if you think you ran it...i don't know, we just finished it a month ago?? if so...glad you liked!
Old 07-14-2013, 05:29 PM   #5
Tech Apprentice

I stopped out for a few minutes yesterday afternoon before I stripped a spur gear on my Revo and decided it was too hot to walk back to the car and grab another truck.

There's quite a bit of potential there. I'd be happy to come help build some stuff out there.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:36 PM   #6
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkisdead View Post
I stopped out for a few minutes yesterday afternoon before I stripped a spur gear on my Revo and decided it was too hot to walk back to the car and grab another truck.

There's quite a bit of potential there. I'd be happy to come help build some stuff out there.
absolutely, waiting for the heat to pass and I'm going to go clean it up. weeds and channeling are bad right now

still runnable....but bring a steel rake and some water because it needs some TLC. I'll post again when I clean it up, hopefully this weekend. This fall we are going to work on it again when its worth the walk and the work!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:35 AM   #7
Tech Apprentice

I may be able to help this afternoon. Let me know what time you're heading out.