Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Trying to start a new race track in Jacksonville FL, need insight. >

Trying to start a new race track in Jacksonville FL, need insight.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to start a new race track in Jacksonville FL, need insight.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile Trying to start a new race track in Jacksonville FL, need insight.

Hello everyone!

I'm looking to start a track and, hopefully, a small hobbyshop in Jax. I have a few questions and was hoping to get some insight from the guys that really enjoy the hobby.

1) Being in Jacksonville FL I was thinking an indoor track would be great. That brings up two points: indoor with A/c or is under cover enough? And should I go bigger nicer indoor track that's further from town, or a lesser track realt close to town

2) I want to direct the track towards kids (under 21). If I had it set up as an easier track to race or just to drive on, would you come?

3) Would you be more interested in coming if there were loaner trucks available to us? (something like $25/day plus $1 per battery?)

4) If there were parts available onsite, would you purchase from there for convenience or online for price?

5)- last for now... WHO WANTS A TRACK HERE IN JACKSONVILLE?!? Send me your e-mail or PM so I know what you an your friends want!

Thank you in advance for any and all advice
Old 08-16-2011, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This thread might be worth your time in reading:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/track-lo...oad-track.html

Otherwise, your questions kinda answer themself.

If you want #2, #1 needs to be close to town so parents will take their kids there.

#3 is way too expensive...in my area, it's $10 for an hour with a truck and that includes two batteries that will have the truck on track for 50 minutes of that hour. Plus, everyone on this forum already had their own stuff anyway.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

i would like to see a track in doors , esp an off road that runs gas, and elec. always a good place to have on the rain days. the guys from savannah, ga would come down and support.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by TOM MAR; 10-09-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd personally be willing to drive a little ways out of town if it meant a decently sized track. Outdoor, or in. Either one would be to my liking if 1/8 scale was allowed.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

When I was in Jax it was pretty depressing that there was really only on track and it was in Green Cove Springs. I have been stationed in CT and all I can say is WOW! There are two indoor tracks that run electric 1/10 scale and it is a blast. If you had an indoor track for 1/10 and an outdoor track for 1/8 that would be ideal. As long as your track is 17.5 friendly it will be ok for smaller kids and beginners. A shop on site of some sort is a must especially selling the popular tire of choice.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Thefoodman52
I'd personally be willing to drive a little ways out of town if it meant a decently sized track. Outdoor, or in. Either one would be to my liking if 1/8 scale was allowed.
1/8 indoor is a waste of space and too costly for ventilation and track material and repairs. 4X4 especially SC and 1/8 really tear up a track, not to mention the noise level of running nitro.