Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum
Back Yard Track in Central PA. >

Back Yard Track in Central PA.

Back Yard Track in Central PA.

Old 11-30-2012, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Back Yard Track in Central PA.

Hey guys whats up! My name is Cody and I got a Traxxas Slash 4x4. I also got a few tracks you guys might want to see. I came here trying to get feed back on my tracks and see if people would even want to drive them.I also have another track that is in the making for 1:10 and up! These tracks pictured are mostly 1:10 and smaller scales. I do not have the fancy eqiupment or anything this was all made with a shovel and wheelboro. I also do not have a drivers stand or pit area as it is only me and 2 other guys that drive these track on a daily basis. I have a youtube with some go pro laps on it too. But let me know what you guys think. Also the track is called DT Speedpark!

Youtube name= 327DARR
Attached Thumbnails Back Yard Track in Central PA.-bottom-track.jpg   Back Yard Track in Central PA.-both-tracks.jpg   Back Yard Track in Central PA.-oval.jpg   Back Yard Track in Central PA.-top-track.jpg  
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Where in central PA are you??
Old 12-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Yes interested in how you define Central PA as I have seen Lancaster and York called Central PA and I laugh.

Conceptually I like it but the lanes are too narrow if you want to have racing.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Im located right outside of Harrisburg in Carlisle. I really dont know how to define central PA either lol. But thanks for the feed back. I figured it would be to narrow for some people. I only allow 4 man Main events on it right now. We have not had more than 5 people on it and that is the most i will allow it gets to crazy lol. I pretty much use this as a test track you can say haha it really test your skills. I dont really have any plans with having organized races, I just wanted to know if people would be interested in just coming out and driving it lol. I have a few more updates! I will post pics later. I also am building a 3rd track that is a ton wider so I hope this rain stops and I can get to finish it up!!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:01 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

The offroad ones looks pretty fun. A very nice place for you to mess around at thats for sure. Looks like with a few guys and more help you could really make them even nicer than you already have them. Look really nice for the 4x4 Slash type trucks.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:16 AM
Tech Rookie

I got a few updatded pics!! The weather is not helping right now lol. But I also got a lil vid on my you tube.

www dot youtube dot com slash watch?v=0pfhsbl918A&list=UUfBzMGguYYoQOhcqdiSLKlQ& index=1
Attached Thumbnails Back Yard Track in Central PA.-photo-1-.jpg   Back Yard Track in Central PA.-photo-2-.jpg   Back Yard Track in Central PA.-photo-3-.jpg   Back Yard Track in Central PA.-photo.jpg  
Old 12-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Looks like fun and so does the motocross track in the background! Wish I lived somewhere like that
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

haha thanks man! Yea I got lucky with my neighbors lol but I am taking part of my motocross track to make a 3rd rc track lol. It has a lot of elevation for an rc track and the jumps are decent size. It just sucks I dont have a driver stand for any of the tracks and no pits for any tracks yet either. I dont know what im going to do lol.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Would love to try out the track. Looks like it would be fun.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks man!! It looks like im getting more intrest from people I will have to try and setup a free ride day for people to come check it out. I want to do that soon but the weather is not helping with the rain we got 2 days ago my tracks are still so mucky. I might be able to make it happen but if not I will def have one in the spring time.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Initiate

That looks familiar...is that by Spring Road/Wertzville Road or is that out by Rt 74...or somewhere else. Perhaps that barn looks similar to ones I've seen along those roads and thus looks familiar.

I live in the area as well and wouldn't mind learning to drive away from a more formal track so I don't embarass myself in a race.