Search

New 1/10 and 1/8 indoor track opening in North Haven, ct

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default New 1/10 and 1/8 indoor track opening in North Haven, ct

Hey guys,

The thread name may have excited you to hear that there will be a new track soon. The thing is we can only make this track with the help of the racers in the East Coast. So far i have come up with many great thoughts on how to make this the dream track. We will need some votes on who would actually show up for races.

Races would be $20 first class $15 for the second and $10 for the third. And some other things are going to be on site, a bar with drinks and of course a pro shop within time it will open after a few of the first races.

Myself and my dad would like to open it up and operate it. I would love to have some people work here, depending on how busy it gets the more people we will need. So far I have a few friends that want to help but my dad is busy with his other work usually so he wont be there much and i will be in school on week days and work there after school and weekends. But we will need some adults to help out as well with organization. So as much help as we can get would be much appreciated.

I have the blueprints or just a picture i made for an idea of what it will look like.

If you can see the spectating area between the two tracks, that will have plexi glas to watch through without the noise and nitro fumes. It will also have speakers so you can hear the announcer but above that will be a place where you can spextate without plexi glass walls, just rails so you dont fall off onto the track. There will be couches up there and tables for your enjoyment.

The Pits will be consisted of six tables per track with 4 sections per table which will be one for each person. So four people per table. If we get enough sign ups we will have the other pits used for the race. So if we were racing 1/10 that day and they 1/10 pits were full we would have the 1/8 pits open as well.

It will be a 100% clay 1/10 track and a dirt mix for the 1/8 track.

We have much more in mind and we will update you on what we have in mind.

This cant happen without you guys so hopefully you guys can show up.

If you think you would race here then please vote yes. This way we know if we will have good turnouts right off the bat when we open.

Thanks,
Giovanni
Old 08-24-2012, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Tell me you have some onroad racing in mind. IMO, the last thing that CT needs is another offroad track.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by taco94
Tell me you have some onroad racing in mind. IMO, the last thing that CT needs is another offroad track.
We were thinking of it. If we have extra space left over then tht would be what woul fill in the space.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TreadRCracing
We were thinking of it. If we have extra space left over then tht would be what woul fill in the space.
Cool. Offroad is being oversaturated in CT. The Chaplin track had something going, but the complaints from neighbors and the zoning board were too much for Kenny. We need some kind of onroad in CT.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

If your going to run indoor nitro, you NEED to have top shelf ventilation or no one will want to race there.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by skooter2004
If your going to run indoor nitro, you NEED to have top shelf ventilation or no one will want to race there.
Of course
Old 08-24-2012, 04:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by taco94
+1
Old 08-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

We will be racing fridays and sundays for now. Please let me know who would be able to attend on what days so we know which days would be the best day to get a good turnout.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TreadRCracing
We will be racing fridays and sundays for now. Please let me know who would be able to attend on what days so we know which days would be the best day to get a good turnout.
Just a quick question and don't get your panties all bunched up, but why do you expect the entire state to support your pipe dream when you don't support the existing facilities in the state?
Those are also the same days that RCHM, Madness and Wolcott race. I guess if you're gonna open a facility, you might as well straight up challenge the biggest existing ones in the area........
Old 08-27-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dieselpower
Just a quick question and don't get your panties all bunched up, but why do you expect the entire state to support your pipe dream when you don't support the existing facilities in the state?
Those are also the same days that RCHM, Madness and Wolcott race. I guess if you're gonna open a facility, you might as well straight up challenge the biggest existing ones in the area........

Thats exactly why im asking you guys what days would be best? Im not going to interfere with other tracks races because i want to race at the other tracks as well. If they have the same race days then i wouldnt be able to race at their tracks without missing a race at my track.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:00 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

That's easy to resolve don't open it than!! I think there's enough facilities in ct!! We don't need anymore, my opioniated guess would be you won't beable to afford the building alone and will loose it within 2 month of opening it! I think the 2 Indoor tracks in the winter RCHR and Wollcott will almost instantly put you out of business!
Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CT RACER
That's easy to resolve don't open it than!! I think there's enough facilities in ct!! We don't need anymore, my opiniated guess would be you won't be able to afford the building alone and will loose it within 2 month of opening it! I think the 2 Indoor tracks in the winter RCHR and Wolcott will almost instantly put you out of business!
+100
Old 08-27-2012, 09:14 AM
Tech Regular

Yikes! There are a lot of tracks in CT, but some of these comments are a little surprising.

North Haven is at least out of the Waterbury area (three of the five tracks are right there and the other two aren't that far away), and in my opinion, if you want to open a business, you have ever right to and I wish you the best.

Pick the race days that work for you. Unless you want to try to have races on Tuesday mornings, you're going to step on someone's toes.

Not that you asked my opinion, but I've never been to an indoor nitro track that worked--regardless of the air system. Indoors = electric.

--Matt Higgins
Old 08-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NHRCRACER
Yikes! There are a lot of tracks in CT, but some of these comments are a little surprising.

North Haven is at least out of the Waterbury area (three of the five tracks are right there and the other two aren't that far away), and in my opinion, if you want to open a business, you have ever right to and I wish you the best.

Pick the race days that work for you. Unless you want to try to have races on Tuesday mornings, you're going to step on someone's toes.

Not that you asked my opinion, but I've never been to an indoor nitro track that worked--regardless of the air system. Indoors = electric.

--Matt Higgins
I like your opinion. But we may not open it for nitro racing, just practice, it will most likely just be 1/8 ebuggy and truggy.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

A Bar and Track together,thats great for the sportsmans class..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.