Wiki Posts
Search

New 1/10 and 1/8 indoor track opening in North Haven, ct

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tschenck
Sounds like he has some deeeeeeep pockets. Ah to be a kid with a dream. 12 years old and already going to have the biggest and best track in the country.
14 year old almots 15 thank you... And i dont have deep pockets. We know that the business will pay us back so it is like not even spending a dime unless the business closes. We would like to make it a great track so that we dont close. I think the bigger track will attract more people since there arent many around herefor indoor other than the new wolcott indoor track. Rcexcitement is great as well but if there is one in CT you can now go to one for club races and rcexcitement as well.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TreadRCracing
14 year old almots 15 thank you... And i dont have deep pockets. We know that the business will pay us back so it is like not even spending a dime unless the business closes. We would like to make it a great track so that we dont close. I think the bigger track will attract more people since there arent many around herefor indoor other than the new wolcott indoor track. Rcexcitement is great as well but if there is one in CT you can now go to one for club races and rcexcitement as well.
BS YOU DONT HAVE DEEP POCKETS ARE YOU CRAZY!!!??? DO YOU THINK ALMOST 2 1/2,3 Million IS POCKET CHANGE???? AND I DOUBT YOU WILL MAKE BARELY ANY OF IT BACK!!! INSURANCE,RENT,CLAY,EMPLOYMENT, HAVE FUN TRYING TO MAKE IT BACK ESPECIALLY DURING THIS ECONOMIC TIME!!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CT RACER
BS YOU DONT HAVE DEEP POCKETS ARE YOU CRAZY!!!??? DO YOU THINK ALMOST 2 1/2,3 Million IS POCKET CHANGE???? AND I DOUBT YOU WILL MAKE BARELY ANY OF IT BACK!!! INSURANCE,RENT,CLAY,EMPLOYMENT, HAVE FUN TRYING TO MAKE IT BACK ESPECIALLY DURING THIS ECONOMIC TIME!!!!!
Im pretty sure that i CLEARLY said i dont have deep pockets!
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

"like not even spending a dime"
Best quote ever
Old 08-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Tech Regular

like not even spending a dime
I think that is a 14 year old saying he sees it as an investment. I don't know or judge this kid. For all I know his dad is a successful business owner and will buy the property and work the books like a smart businessman so that he can write off the losses until it makes sense to have a profit on the books. So, the young man is saying it's only a loss if they close right off the bat. If his dad owns an existing successful business and that business is their profit center, the comment is right on the money (pardon the pun).

Bottom line is it's easy to pick apart the comments made by a young man about something that is just an idea. I hope he and his family pull it off. Nobody ever accomplished something great without dreaming big. I believe posted up with a good, open attitude looking to work with people and not against them. I also believe he has been fairly articulate and has taken some "constructive criticism" and some flat out negativity on the chin far better than others have.

Also, I am not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to be the devil's advocate. Let the young man go for it. If he succeeds or fails will have nothing to do with all of our expert opinions.
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

There is being optimistic and then there is being naive.
Adolescence and naivity generally go hand in hand, but one fella's opinion is another's insult.

I say go for it Gio........but be prepared for sleepless nights, lots o' blisters, pissed off customers (they are few and far between, but there is nothing you can do to help em so look out), angry wife/girlfriend, no racing for yourself, no traveling for racing........etc, etc......
Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NHRCRACER
I think that is a 14 year old saying he sees it as an investment. I don't know or judge this kid. For all I know his dad is a successful business owner and will buy the property and work the books like a smart businessman so that he can write off the losses until it makes sense to have a profit on the books. So, the young man is saying it's only a loss if they close right off the bat. If his dad owns an existing successful business and that business is their profit center, the comment is right on the money (pardon the pun).

Bottom line is it's easy to pick apart the comments made by a young man about something that is just an idea. I hope he and his family pull it off. Nobody ever accomplished something great without dreaming big. I believe posted up with a good, open attitude looking to work with people and not against them. I also believe he has been fairly articulate and has taken some "constructive criticism" and some flat out negativity on the chin far better than others have.

Also, I am not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to be the devil's advocate. Let the young man go for it. If he succeeds or fails will have nothing to do with all of our expert opinions.
Thanks matt. And I wasnt saying that we wont be spending money in any way, of course we will be spending money and it wont be easy nor will it take a day or two or even a year to get all of it back into our pockets. We still have to pay the employees and that would double the time it will take to get the money back. I am not saying we "will" get the money back, we may close before we could even get half of it back. I am saying that in order to make a good track that will make money you have to spend money and if we succeed then we will be lucky to. The track will have to be amazing and have amazing empoyees, maintenance, layoyts, e.t.c. in order to keep the people walking through the door.

There is being optimistic and then there is being naive.
Adolescence and naivity generally go hand in hand, but one fella's opinion is another's insult.

I say go for it Gio........but be prepared for sleepless nights, lots o' blisters, pissed off customers (they are few and far between, but there is nothing you can do to help em so look out), angry wife/girlfriend, no racing for yourself, no traveling for racing........etc, etc......
I will still be racing every where else, we will have somebody in charge while we are traveling at all times. Again, i will not be the announcer so i will be racing.

Example: Look at my friend Toddie Anderson and his dad. Theey both opened a track and are still doing great. They have someone in charge of every job in the darn place. So now toddie can race and todd is usually busting his ass working on the races and front desk so he usually races away from rc excitement.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

We will be racing fridays and sundays for now. Please let me know who would be able to attend on what days so we know which days would be the best day to get a good turnout.
gio why would you race on fridays and sundays those are the same days wolcott hobby will be racing on. also why would you try to open a rc track at age 14 even if your dad funds it, it would just be a pain and by the time you have this open(which you probably never will) but if you do open, wolcott will already have a ton of racers and your track will most likely not be successful
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by taco94
Speaking of nitro, lets talk onroad. I do know that there is a demand for a track in the North East. Only a few in the whole region. I can tell you, if you build it right, I know people will come. Whether you may know it or not, there is a demand to do nitro onroad.
its not in the plans yet but when the track is open we will consider it THANKZ
Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sc10guy
its not in the plans yet but when the track is open we will consider it THANKZ
falcone who do you think you are
Old 08-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JoshCorti11
gio why would you race on fridays and sundays those are the same days wolcott hobby will be racing on. also why would you try to open a rc track at age 14 even if your dad funds it, it would just be a pain and by the time you have this open(which you probably never will) but if you do open, wolcott will already have a ton of racers and your track will most likely not be successful
Josh, i posted that before i heard about the days wolcott was racing. Now we are looking at thursday nights and saturday morning.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Josh, i posted that before i heard about the days wolcott was racing. Now we are looking at thursday nights and saturday morning.
Rchr races Saturdays
Old 08-29-2012, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gio i think its time to get your head out of your a** and come to the realization that this is not realistic, at all. LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE. Im fine with going to Lesters now, no need for a huge track.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Motofan747
Gio i think its time to get your head out of your a** and come to the realization that this is not realistic, at all. LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE. Im fine with going to Lesters now, no need for a huge track.
Hit the nail on the head
Old 08-29-2012, 09:14 PM
Tech Regular

Um, just for the record, any track can hold races on any day they want to . Saturdays and Sundays are not off limits and neither is any other day of the week.

I don't know if you guys all personally know this kid and his family and have firsthand knowledge of what they can and cannot pull off, but from my perspective the majority of your comments are BS ... just sayin'!

Give this kid a break already.

Last edited by NHRCRACER; 08-30-2012 at 04:56 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.