R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-28-2012, 06:22 PM   #46
Tech Addict
 
TreadRCracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 682
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschenck View Post
Sounds like he has some deeeeeeep pockets. Ah to be a kid with a dream. 12 years old and already going to have the biggest and best track in the country.
14 year old almots 15 thank you... And i dont have deep pockets. We know that the business will pay us back so it is like not even spending a dime unless the business closes. We would like to make it a great track so that we dont close. I think the bigger track will attract more people since there arent many around herefor indoor other than the new wolcott indoor track. Rcexcitement is great as well but if there is one in CT you can now go to one for club races and rcexcitement as well.
__________________
Giovanni Petruzziello
Team Associated - LRP - JConcepts -KustomRcGraphics
TreadRCracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #47
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,471
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadRCracing View Post
14 year old almots 15 thank you... And i dont have deep pockets. We know that the business will pay us back so it is like not even spending a dime unless the business closes. We would like to make it a great track so that we dont close. I think the bigger track will attract more people since there arent many around herefor indoor other than the new wolcott indoor track. Rcexcitement is great as well but if there is one in CT you can now go to one for club races and rcexcitement as well.
BS YOU DONT HAVE DEEP POCKETS ARE YOU CRAZY!!!??? DO YOU THINK ALMOST 2 1/2,3 Million IS POCKET CHANGE???? AND I DOUBT YOU WILL MAKE BARELY ANY OF IT BACK!!! INSURANCE,RENT,CLAY,EMPLOYMENT, HAVE FUN TRYING TO MAKE IT BACK ESPECIALLY DURING THIS ECONOMIC TIME!!!!!
CT RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM   #48
Tech Addict
 
TreadRCracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 682
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT RACER View Post
BS YOU DONT HAVE DEEP POCKETS ARE YOU CRAZY!!!??? DO YOU THINK ALMOST 2 1/2,3 Million IS POCKET CHANGE???? AND I DOUBT YOU WILL MAKE BARELY ANY OF IT BACK!!! INSURANCE,RENT,CLAY,EMPLOYMENT, HAVE FUN TRYING TO MAKE IT BACK ESPECIALLY DURING THIS ECONOMIC TIME!!!!!
Im pretty sure that i CLEARLY said i dont have deep pockets!
__________________
Giovanni Petruzziello
Team Associated - LRP - JConcepts -KustomRcGraphics
TreadRCracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 AM   #49
Tech Elite
 
Dieselpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWCT
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadRCracing View Post
14 year old almots 15 thank you... And i dont have deep pockets. We know that the business will pay us back so it is like not even spending a dime unless the business closes. We would like to make it a great track so that we dont close. I think the bigger track will attract more people since there arent many around herefor indoor other than the new wolcott indoor track. Rcexcitement is great as well but if there is one in CT you can now go to one for club races and rcexcitement as well.
"like not even spending a dime"
Best quote ever
__________________
The dude abides
Dieselpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:44 AM   #50
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 349
Default

Quote:
like not even spending a dime
I think that is a 14 year old saying he sees it as an investment. I don't know or judge this kid. For all I know his dad is a successful business owner and will buy the property and work the books like a smart businessman so that he can write off the losses until it makes sense to have a profit on the books. So, the young man is saying it's only a loss if they close right off the bat. If his dad owns an existing successful business and that business is their profit center, the comment is right on the money (pardon the pun).

Bottom line is it's easy to pick apart the comments made by a young man about something that is just an idea. I hope he and his family pull it off. Nobody ever accomplished something great without dreaming big. I believe posted up with a good, open attitude looking to work with people and not against them. I also believe he has been fairly articulate and has taken some "constructive criticism" and some flat out negativity on the chin far better than others have.

Also, I am not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to be the devil's advocate. Let the young man go for it. If he succeeds or fails will have nothing to do with all of our expert opinions.
__________________
RC Truck Stop
www.RCTruckStop.com
NHRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #51
Tech Elite
 
Dieselpower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NWCT
Posts: 3,033
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

There is being optimistic and then there is being naive.
Adolescence and naivity generally go hand in hand, but one fella's opinion is another's insult.

I say go for it Gio........but be prepared for sleepless nights, lots o' blisters, pissed off customers (they are few and far between, but there is nothing you can do to help em so look out), angry wife/girlfriend, no racing for yourself, no traveling for racing........etc, etc......
__________________
The dude abides
Dieselpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #52
Tech Addict
 
TreadRCracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 682
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRCRACER View Post
I think that is a 14 year old saying he sees it as an investment. I don't know or judge this kid. For all I know his dad is a successful business owner and will buy the property and work the books like a smart businessman so that he can write off the losses until it makes sense to have a profit on the books. So, the young man is saying it's only a loss if they close right off the bat. If his dad owns an existing successful business and that business is their profit center, the comment is right on the money (pardon the pun).

Bottom line is it's easy to pick apart the comments made by a young man about something that is just an idea. I hope he and his family pull it off. Nobody ever accomplished something great without dreaming big. I believe posted up with a good, open attitude looking to work with people and not against them. I also believe he has been fairly articulate and has taken some "constructive criticism" and some flat out negativity on the chin far better than others have.

Also, I am not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to be the devil's advocate. Let the young man go for it. If he succeeds or fails will have nothing to do with all of our expert opinions.
Thanks matt. And I wasnt saying that we wont be spending money in any way, of course we will be spending money and it wont be easy nor will it take a day or two or even a year to get all of it back into our pockets. We still have to pay the employees and that would double the time it will take to get the money back. I am not saying we "will" get the money back, we may close before we could even get half of it back. I am saying that in order to make a good track that will make money you have to spend money and if we succeed then we will be lucky to. The track will have to be amazing and have amazing empoyees, maintenance, layoyts, e.t.c. in order to keep the people walking through the door.

Quote:
There is being optimistic and then there is being naive.
Adolescence and naivity generally go hand in hand, but one fella's opinion is another's insult.

I say go for it Gio........but be prepared for sleepless nights, lots o' blisters, pissed off customers (they are few and far between, but there is nothing you can do to help em so look out), angry wife/girlfriend, no racing for yourself, no traveling for racing........etc, etc......
I will still be racing every where else, we will have somebody in charge while we are traveling at all times. Again, i will not be the announcer so i will be racing.

Example: Look at my friend Toddie Anderson and his dad. Theey both opened a track and are still doing great. They have someone in charge of every job in the darn place. So now toddie can race and todd is usually busting his ass working on the races and front desk so he usually races away from rc excitement.
__________________
Giovanni Petruzziello
Team Associated - LRP - JConcepts -KustomRcGraphics
TreadRCracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:15 PM   #53
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadRCracing View Post
We will be racing fridays and sundays for now. Please let me know who would be able to attend on what days so we know which days would be the best day to get a good turnout.
gio why would you race on fridays and sundays those are the same days wolcott hobby will be racing on. also why would you try to open a rc track at age 14 even if your dad funds it, it would just be a pain and by the time you have this open(which you probably never will) but if you do open, wolcott will already have a ton of racers and your track will most likely not be successful
__________________
Team Associated/b44.1/LRP/Airtronics
Team Associated/b4.1L/LRP/Airtronics
Trick-Parts
BLUE IS BETTER!!!
JoshCorti11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #54
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Track
Posts: 431
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco94 View Post
Speaking of nitro, lets talk onroad. I do know that there is a demand for a track in the North East. Only a few in the whole region. I can tell you, if you build it right, I know people will come. Whether you may know it or not, there is a demand to do nitro onroad.
its not in the plans yet but when the track is open we will consider it THANKZ
__________________
Rc racer
sc10guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #55
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc10guy View Post
its not in the plans yet but when the track is open we will consider it THANKZ
falcone who do you think you are
__________________
Team Associated/b44.1/LRP/Airtronics
Team Associated/b4.1L/LRP/Airtronics
Trick-Parts
BLUE IS BETTER!!!
JoshCorti11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #56
Tech Addict
 
TreadRCracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 682
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCorti11 View Post
gio why would you race on fridays and sundays those are the same days wolcott hobby will be racing on. also why would you try to open a rc track at age 14 even if your dad funds it, it would just be a pain and by the time you have this open(which you probably never will) but if you do open, wolcott will already have a ton of racers and your track will most likely not be successful
Josh, i posted that before i heard about the days wolcott was racing. Now we are looking at thursday nights and saturday morning.
__________________
Giovanni Petruzziello
Team Associated - LRP - JConcepts -KustomRcGraphics
TreadRCracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #57
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadRCracing View Post
Josh, i posted that before i heard about the days wolcott was racing. Now we are looking at thursday nights and saturday morning.
Rchr races Saturdays
__________________
Team Associated/b44.1/LRP/Airtronics
Team Associated/b4.1L/LRP/Airtronics
Trick-Parts
BLUE IS BETTER!!!
JoshCorti11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #58
Tech Addict
 
Motofan747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 561
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreadRCracing View Post
Josh, i posted that before i heard about the days wolcott was racing. Now we are looking at thursday nights and saturday morning.
Gio i think its time to get your head out of your a** and come to the realization that this is not realistic, at all. LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE. Im fine with going to Lesters now, no need for a huge track.
__________________
W.Fleming
Kyosho RB5 SP2 WC
Motofan747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #59
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 353
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofan747 View Post
Gio i think its time to get your head out of your a** and come to the realization that this is not realistic, at all. LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE. Im fine with going to Lesters now, no need for a huge track.
Hit the nail on the head
__________________
Team Associated/b44.1/LRP/Airtronics
Team Associated/b4.1L/LRP/Airtronics
Trick-Parts
BLUE IS BETTER!!!
JoshCorti11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:14 PM   #60
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: CT
Posts: 349
Default

Um, just for the record, any track can hold races on any day they want to . Saturdays and Sundays are not off limits and neither is any other day of the week.

I don't know if you guys all personally know this kid and his family and have firsthand knowledge of what they can and cannot pull off, but from my perspective the majority of your comments are BS ... just sayin'!

Give this kid a break already.
__________________
RC Truck Stop
www.RCTruckStop.com

Last edited by NHRCRACER; 08-30-2012 at 04:56 AM.
NHRCRACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who wants a new track in CT? TreadRCracing Track Locator Forum 59 03-09-2012 09:36 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net