R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 08-27-2012, 01:49 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Shop View Post
A Bar and Track together,thats great for the sportsmans class..
A bar as in serving soda and other drinks. There will not be any alcohol.
Old 08-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #17
Tech Adept

You cannot expect racers to say yes to a flat piece of paper.

Most of us racers race at most, if not all of the tracks in the North East, at some point in the season.

Once built, they will show up, to check it out or try running. They dont like the track or people running it, they dont go back. If it is the best thing since sliced bread, you have a gold mine.

The only way to know if it will work, as the same as any business is get it going and hope for the best.

One good thing as Matt mentioned, you would be pretty much away from the other tracks, which could draw a different group of racers and new RC racers to your facility.

If you move forward, good luck.
nothreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Nitro indoors would never be allowed by zoning or whatever other entity that is worried about the air we breath.

Nitro sucks anyway (Jeff)
Old 08-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselpower View Post
Nitro indoors would never be allowed by zoning or whatever other entity that is worried about the air we breath.

Nitro sucks anyway (Jeff)
Never said anything about nitro.
nothreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Speaking of nitro, lets talk onroad. I do know that there is a demand for a track in the North East. Only a few in the whole region. I can tell you, if you build it right, I know people will come. Whether you may know it or not, there is a demand to do nitro onroad.
"Always support your local hobby shop. Internet retailers do nothing to help you race." - Tom B.
taco94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothreat View Post
Never said anything about nitro.
You didn't have to.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:12 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to idrummerboy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT RACER View Post
That's easy to resolve don't open it than!! I think there's enough facilities in ct!! We don't need anymore, my opioniated guess would be you won't beable to afford the building alone and will loose it within 2 month of opening it! I think the 2 Indoor tracks in the winter RCHR and Wollcott will almost instantly put you out of business!
Please realize you are lucky to say that, we almost didn't have a track on the island and now you are complaining the guy is opening another?

wow i wish...
Old 08-28-2012, 04:42 AM   #23
Tech Regular

About to piss someone off in 3, 2, 1 ...

There was an awesome on-road indoor track in New Haven not all that long ago. First, it was paved (ran nitro and electric) and then switched to carpet in an effort to save the business. The place eventually closed even when on-road was more popular. I used to go there all the time. Best and worse part: I never had to worry about the crowds.

There's a paved on-road track in Bridgeport (or that general area). I have never seen another person there.

Control Freakz ... awesome on-road facility. Closed.

I love on-road as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't personally invest a dime in an on-road facility.

If you want to do this for real decide what your point(s) of difference is(are).

I don't know you or how close to reality this idea is, but I'd suggest using the large track area to create a short course friendly track (big wide lanes and low long jumps). Make a track for the Slash crowd; the 1/8-scale electric guys will run on it just fine. And, I'd build the small track area into a bashing fun zone with just-for-fun obstacles such as a back flip ramp, crush cars, wall ride, big air jumps, sand pit, etc. Give the Stampede, E-Savage, Monster jam guys a place to run.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 AM   #24
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRCRACER View Post
About to piss someone off in 3, 2, 1 ...

There was an awesome on-road indoor track in New Haven not all that long ago. First, it was paved (ran nitro and electric) and then switched to carpet in an effort to save the business. The place eventually closed even when on-road was more popular. I used to go there all the time. Best and worse part: I never had to worry about the crowds.

There's a paved on-road track in Bridgeport (or that general area). I have never seen another person there.

Control Freakz ... awesome on-road facility. Closed.

I love on-road as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't personally invest a dime in an on-road facility.

If you want to do this for real decide what your point(s) of difference is(are).

I don't know you or how close to reality this idea is, but I'd suggest using the large track area to create a short course friendly track (big wide lanes and low long jumps). Make a track for the Slash crowd; the 1/8-scale electric guys will run on it just fine. And, I'd build the small track area into a bashing fun zone with just-for-fun obstacles such as a back flip ramp, crush cars, wall ride, big air jumps, sand pit, etc. Give the Stampede, E-Savage, Monster jam guys a place to run.
Agree 100% with ya Matty and ya didn't piss me off at all.......
Must be all them heavy metals you're getting from the dirty bass.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Agree 100% with ya Matty and ya didn't piss me off at all.......
Must be all them heavy metals you're getting from the dirty bass.
I didn't think I'd fire you up; I just know that my fellow on-road aficionados won't care for my opinion that going on-road may not be a sound investment.

And, yes, don't eat the fish.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:10 AM   #26
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRCRACER View Post
I didn't think I'd fire you up; I just know that my fellow on-road aficionados won't care for my opinion that going on-road may not be a sound investment.

And, yes, don't eat the fish.
I was just messing with ya dude, but I do hear ya regarding the onroad thang. I've run across very few a$%holes in the field of RC racing (aside from myself), but most of em have been onroad guys. They are fickle, aggressive and usually offer little help with setup or driving.......by and large. The very worst part of onroad racing is that you get to tweak for 3-4 hours for every 12 minutes of track time.

Just my 2 cents. (don't freak out Mr. Toth)
Old 08-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #27
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
I was just messing with ya dude, but I do hear ya regarding the onroad thang. I've run across very few a$%holes in the field of RC racing (aside from myself), but most of em have been onroad guys. They are fickle, aggressive and usually offer little help with setup or driving.......by and large. The very worst part of onroad racing is that you get to tweak for 3-4 hours for every 12 minutes of track time.

I agree and disagree with your statement about on road drivers being fickle and aggressive. When I raced on road in south Texas I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to race with, very helpful and treated the new guys great. However, when I moved to the northeast and tried to race on road I found exactly what you're talking about. You'd think I was asking for help at the IFMAR worlds where everything is on the line.

My first day I asked a few of the guys what tires worked best on the track, I couldn't get a straight answer out of any of them. It was a disappointment to say the least.

**** "Luxury" ****
EricW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:37 AM   #28
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricW View Post
I agree and disagree with your statement about on road drivers being fickle and aggressive. When I raced on road in south Texas I couldn't have asked for a better group of guys to race with, very helpful and treated the new guys great. However, when I moved to the northeast and tried to race on road I found exactly what you're talking about. You'd think I was asking for help at the IFMAR worlds where everything is on the line.

My first day I asked a few of the guys what tires worked best on the track, I couldn't get a straight answer out of any of them. It was a disappointment to say the least.
When I was living down in NOLA (Lord help em with that friggin storm bearing down on em again), it was the exact opposite as up here. All the offroad guys were super douches while the flat trackers were super cool.
Different strokes I spose......
Old 08-28-2012, 06:57 AM   #29
Tech Master

Quote:

Haha. While I have experienced the opposite, Im not gonna go off on you.
"Always support your local hobby shop. Internet retailers do nothing to help you race." - Tom B.
taco94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #30
Tech Regular

Quote:

I run into all sorts in RC. Every segment has a mix of people just like anything else.

I think the really technical stuff like on-road and oval sometimes get a bum rap because you have to be so focused. A normally laid back dude can look like he's wound pretty tight at an on-road race.

Anyway, to the OP, I wish you the best of luck and keep plugging away.