R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 04-12-2009, 11:11 AM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

That is some great news Bless. I hope it does happen because i am itching to get a Losi E-Eight 2.0.

www.awesomatixusa.com
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry P View Post
That is some great news Bless. I hope it does happen because i am itching to get a Losi E-Eight 2.0.
An electric 1/8 buggy or truggy would be perfect out there right now!! If you go to http://shoelacepark.bronxriver.org/?pg=explore and click on the red dot south west of 211th st in Fort Knox park you can see a pic of what is there now.
baruke1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:47 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 265 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baruke1 View Post
An electric 1/8 buggy or truggy would be perfect out there right now!! If you go to http://shoelacepark.bronxriver.org/?pg=explore and click on the red dot south west of 211th st in Fort Knox park you can see a pic of what is there now.
So how is it going with the park people on making a track in NYC park?
guss2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:18 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by guss2009 View Post
So how is it going with the park people on making a track in NYC park?
I had a meeting with the Bronx River Alliance & the Landscape Architect today. Things seemed to go pretty well, they had a load of questions and they even came up with some pretty good ideas and solutions to stop the flooding in the area.

Things are looking pretty good for us so far, we just need to follow a few rules at gun hill for the meantime. Please, Absolutely NO running in the street in front of the park, people are complaining about the rc cars drag racing real cars. 2nd, please do not leave any trash behind, keep OUR area clean.

Last but not least, we absolutely need EVERYONE that runs at Gun Hill/Fort Knox Park and or plans on running there when its fixed up to fill out the survey the bronx river alliance has online. Tell a friend to tell a freind.

http://shoelacepark.bronxriver.org/?pg=survey
Old 04-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
I had a meeting with the Bronx River Alliance & the Landscape Architect today. Things seemed to go pretty well, they had a load of questions and they even came up with some pretty good ideas and solutions to stop the flooding in the area.

Things are looking pretty good for us so far, we just need to follow a few rules at gun hill for the meantime. Please, Absolutely NO running in the street in front of the park, people are complaining about the rc cars drag racing real cars. 2nd, please do not leave any trash behind, keep OUR area clean.

Last but not least, we absolutely need EVERYONE that runs at Gun Hill/Fort Knox Park and or plans on running there when its fixed up to fill out the survey the bronx river alliance has online. Tell a friend to tell a freind.

Hey Bless - I've been meaning to take the survey for weeks now - I took it this morning. It kicks back a 'results so far' view after you complete it - the 'miniature race cars' are in the lead for activities desired! If you ever need another suit to go to a meeting with you and their suits just let me know - glad to help .. I do good meetings Glad to try and help in any way I can. If you're at Wolcott Sunday I'd like to hear more about how this is all going. I have read a number of the websites over the last year to try and stay abreast.
Gary NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 11:06 AM   #21
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

Quote:

Thats good news. Is there a chance if things go right, Would we see the track get fixed before the summer starts? Are we able to run this summer if they start working on the track? I ask because i know it should take sometime to make a good track. Also if you can tell us what were some of the plans that they came up with?

I have a few friends of mind filling out the survey. I will keep spreading it out to other on forums. Thanks
Old 04-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #22
Tech Initiate

Also posted on RCNYC.net... thanks for all your hard work Bless. I'd be happy to help in any way, shape or form that I can. Got rained out today but should be up at Gun Hill on Friday if anyone cares to meet up. I was there two wks ago and started sweeping the track of debris. Still more work to do so hopefully the weather will cooperate on Friday.
chazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Gary, thanks for filling out the survey, We can use all the help we can get in those meetings! I have a couple questions for you as well. I will talk to you more on Sunday at Wolott.

Guss, Things are coming along but it will take some time before the plans get finalized. They are redesigning the entire park from 233rd all the way down Ft. Knox. In the meantime we can continue to run our "toy motorcars" at Ft. Knox park. Stay tuned to the forum at rcnyc.net for any updates regarding meetings and official work days at the park.

Chazza, Thank you for working on the track! I will try to swing by there friday just after noon, hopefully i see you then.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
I will talk to you more on Sunday at Wolott.
You're going Sunday? I can't wait to see your face after you lose to me in my first ever nitro race.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:08 PM   #25
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQC049 View Post
You're going Sunday? I can't wait to see your face after you lose to me in my first ever nitro race.
good luck!
Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 AM   #26
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TbConcepts-MMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
FYI for long islanders and those willing to make the trip, the owner of Action Hobbies in Selden is constructing an offroad track in Riverhead/Calverton. Should open in May/June. Will post more details as more info is availible.
THANK GOD!!! Finally Another off road track on the Island beside Long Island Raceway...Consider me a customer!!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:45 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Chazza, Thank you for working on the track! I will try to swing by there friday just after noon, hopefully i see you then.
Sorry I missed you man, got stuck at work (8 blocks away... Montefiore Hospital) until 10pm! I even had a bag packed w/ my Slash in it, ready to go... I'm sure I'll be up there one afternoon next week, will post on here.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

So far i found the plans they have for the bronx fort knox park and shoelace park. They will have another meeting june 9th in the Bronx Community Board 12 office located at 4101 White Plains Road 6:30pm to 9pm. In order for them to make us an Rc Track we have to let them hear us. So we need ppl that race in the track or just visit the track to come to the meeting.

These are the plans they have so far.Click on the link. Scroll down to see the maps. The track is on the top left. http://shoelacepark.bronxriver.org/?pg=resources .
So far it looks like we might get the track.

Last edited by guss2009; 05-12-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 10:43 AM   #29
Tech Rookie

any tracks in queens 11417, nyc city
FASNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #30
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TbConcepts-MMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FASNYC View Post
any tracks in queens 11417, nyc city
Theres a mini-z track in whitestone 127-03 20th ave