R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   NEW RC TRACK IN WASHINGTON DC? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/634775-new-rc-track-washington-dc.html)

Younggwapp 06-04-2012 11:06 PM

NEW RC TRACK IN WASHINGTON DC?

Anyone interested in racing at a new rc track in Washington dc? I need to know how many people will be interested so I can see if it's worth going forward with.

Younggwapp 06-04-2012 11:09 PM

I know someone with 22 acres and he is willing to build an rc track if a significant amount of people are interested.

markkris 06-05-2012 01:48 AM

I'll make the trip from MN if the marshals are politicians and the race points are awarded to the driver that causes them the most bruises

305M3 06-05-2012 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Younggwapp (Post 10821202)
I know someone with 22 acres and he is willing to build an rc track if a significant amount of people are interested.

Definitely something I'd be interested in... A 10 minute commute vice the hour + it takes me to get to Awesome RC. Although, the folks at Awesome are just that - awesome...

runs_wscissors 06-05-2012 12:58 PM

You may want to carry this discussion over to the Racing or Track forums.

A number of off-road tracks are located about 1.5-2.0 hr away from DC including ECH, G's and Awesome. Those folks have poured a lot of money and time into those tracks and it takes a significant effort to run those facilities. Definitely something worth checking out before you proceed.

tony montana 06-05-2012 06:55 PM

I'm all for it. But do it right and get the permits!!!!

PTP Racing 06-05-2012 07:46 PM

What kind of track? Inside the city?

jmackani 06-05-2012 10:40 PM

There are always people from the national capitol region looking for a track to race at. Most of those would love to have one local to them. Land is one thing for a track, but in a metropolitan area, $$$$$$ is usually the problem. This seems to be an annual thread which comes and goes for getting dreams on an internet forum. By all means, if your friend has $$$$$$, all the time in the world to build, maintain, run and do great things for the rc community, then as they say "Build it and they will come". How old are you and your friend? It's nice to set others expectations when we know those leading the charge are not someone who maybe thirteen sitting behind an ipad at home. Listen to runs_wscissors, and get out and see what is at the other facilities.

oldsoldier999 06-14-2012 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Younggwapp (Post 10821189)
Anyone interested in racing at a new rc track in Washington dc? I need to know how many people will be interested so I can see if it's worth going forward with.

Desperately seeking a track in or near DC :nod:. With the closing of the track near Hagerstown and the closing of the offroad track at Middle River Hobbies, there is definitely a need for an offroad track in the DC area. I would LOVE one!!! There are a lot of people who don't frequent the forums who would support a track. Forum response is not a good judge of interest. Stop by some of the hobby stores and see how interested folks are: HobbyWorks Laurel, and Rockville; GPA hobbies in Crofton, The Track in Gaithersburg/North Rockville. Hobby Hangar in Chantilly, VA; plus all the folks who buy online.

FL2DC75 07-26-2012 08:08 AM

I know property and rent is so expensive in the DC area but wish there was a 1/8 scale off road track. Anyone know any closer tracks To DC than the one in Fredericksburg?

rails 04-06-2014 10:35 AM

thinking outside of the box

Would love to join track because at present, there is nowhere to race in the greater metropolitan area except for in rockville. Would love to have an outdoor off-road rack as well. If attendance is a concern, why not petition the government to open a summer camp for rc cars as a basis for teaching the kids the general principles of engineering. Could throw in a few race teams with (cheap) short-course trucks, and allow the track to run for regular racers at night and on the weekends.

dkw2133 04-07-2014 04:46 AM

I live in Bethesda, and work in DC. I will be there if there is one there. Lets talk more about this. I host a RC Car building camp so if this is going to happen I love to get my students over to check it out

Kdy4life2001 11-18-2015 09:32 AM

Track to race on in DC

Originally Posted by Younggwapp (Post 10821189)

Yes we have a small group but we're looking to build are group and have some where to run them. We have nitro & brusless