R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Track Locator Forum

Old 05-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

There are a couple of classes we would like to add/change
Here are the classes we will offer for the event (Please Note we may add a class or two, we have not decided yet.)
2WD SCT Open Mod - Sportsman & Expert
4WD SCT Open Mod - Sportsman & Expert
4WD 1/10 Buggy Open Mod - Sportsman & Expert
2WD Buggy 13.5 Blinky - Sportsman & Expert
2WD Buggy 17.5 Blinky - Sportsman & Expert
2WD Buggy Open Mod - Sportsman & Expert
Stadium Truck Open Mod - Sportsman & Expert
Kids Class
Old 05-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #47
Tech Initiate

Great place to race and the facility is great!! Have a lot of fun every time I attend.
247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #48
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Tracks good, staff is good and if you like durangos they have one of the best if not the best selection of hop up parts on the wall for em..to bad I hate the new layout. ...can't wait till they change it..
Old 05-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
Tracks good, staff is good and if you like durangos they have one of the best if not the best selection of hop up parts on the wall for em..to bad I hate the new layout. ...can't wait till they change it..
Come on mike you haven't even race on it. you know my Durango dominates the new layout lol... Mark is not planning to change the layout anytime soon so just bring your buggy and race.

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suggest not to have separate sportsman and expert on the same class it's just way too many classes if you do that.. Here is my suggestion.

4wd SCT open MOD
4wd buggy open MOD
2wd buggy open MOD
2wd Buggy 17.5 Blinky (Expert)
2wd Buggy 17.5 Blinky (Sportsman)
2wd SCT open MOD (Expert)
2wd SCT 17.5 Blinky (Sportsman)
Stadium Truck open MOD
Stadium Truck 17.5 Blinky (Sportsman)

Visaliahobbies.com * SkyRC * casterracingparts.com
Jochim_18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #51
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jochim_18 View Post
Come on mike you haven't even race on it. you know my Durango dominates the new layout lol... Mark is not planning to change the layout anytime soon so just bring your buggy and race.
I've raced on it enough times to know that I dont like the layout..pretty much im going to be outta town for the whole month of june..so it's going to be a while before I get to race again, I was bummed no more racing this month..oh well..
Old 05-30-2013, 12:24 PM   #52
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Summer Nationals

Anyone have a little more information on the Summer Nationals they can share? I am working on details to try and make the trip up there from So Cal. Is the event a std 2 qualifiers and mains format? What is the pit situation? If I show up at 7 is there a good chance I can get a table? I have never been there before so not sure exactly what to expect other then having a fun time.

Also I hear clay tires work up there. Any word on the final classes. I don't see any mod truck only SC. Just want to bring the right cars!

Thanks for what ever info you can share.

WWW.CASPER-RC.COM TLR and Tekin setups
Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #53
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This track is so nice! Cali has incredible handicap tracks.. I need to move.. What size is this track? I have a pretty big basement and plan on putting a carpet track in there so I can practice.. this looks about close to the size.
cripplethreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:30 PM   #54
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Anyone have a little more information on the Summer Nationals they can share? I am working on details to try and make the trip up there from So Cal. Is the event a std 2 qualifiers and mains format? What is the pit situation? If I show up at 7 is there a good chance I can get a table? I have never been there before so not sure exactly what to expect other then having a fun time.

Also I hear clay tires work up there. Any word on the final classes. I don't see any mod truck only SC. Just want to bring the right cars!

Casper yes its a 2 heat qual and then the main. Depending on turn out there may be a b main and a bump up to a main so possibly 4 for some. The pitting area is decent so getting there at 7 should get you first class pitting. If I get there early I can save you a spot (but I'm gonna put a humongous kyosho banner on your table ) st truck hasn't really taken off here yet but I have seen there run some. Screw it bring your entire fleet!!
Old 05-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #55
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.juarez View Post
Casper yes its a 2 heat qual and then the main. Depending on turn out there may be a b main and a bump up to a main so possibly 4 for some. The pitting area is decent so getting there at 7 should get you first class pitting. If I get there early I can save you a spot (but I'm gonna put a humongous kyosho banner on your table ) st truck hasn't really taken off here yet but I have seen there run some. Screw it bring your entire fleet!!
Not sure the entire fleet needs to come but I will bring both SC's for sure and might bring another car or two just in case. Can't wait it should be fun!

As for the banner I will have all my TLR stuff with me (no banners) but I used to run for Kyosho so no hard feelings there! Thanks for the info!

Old 06-01-2013, 10:16 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cripplethreat View Post
This track is so nice! Cali has incredible handicap tracks.. I need to move.. What size is this track? I have a pretty big basement and plan on putting a carpet track in there so I can practice.. this looks about close to the size.
Glad to hear you like the track!
Its 40'X80' I believe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post

Hey Casper, Glad to hear your thinking about coming out to Exeter to do some racing As George has said, we will have 2, 5 Minute heats and one 7 Minute main. And if you show up at 7 theres a pretty good chance you'll get a table

And also just so everybody knows, We Will be running the track Dry and sweeping the track after every single class for this event. Tire wear will be good and there will be a ton of traction! I personally cant wait for this event!

15 Days Left!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2013, 10:19 PM   #57
Tech Regular

Old 06-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #58
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Can't wait!!
Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #59
Tech Prophet

I have made all my arrangements so it is a go. I will be there for sure (assuming nothing ruins my plans between now and then!) What tires are popular on a dry track? I think I might be there Friday afternoon. Will the track be dry then as well?

Is this the layout for that event as well. Looks like fun.

Last edited by Casper; 06-02-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:53 PM   #60
Tech Regular

Yes we will run the track on Friday dry as well. And yes that is the layout for the Summer Nationals as well.