R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Track Locator Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum-37/)
-   -   North West Pa Tracks? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/track-locator-forum/630051-north-west-pa-tracks.html)

Kingdog 05-20-2012 06:58 AM

North West Pa Tracks?

Hello, I'm currently trying to gauge interest in 2-3 outdoor tracks. 1/10 and 1/8 dirt tracks and possible 1/5 scale track. I recently moved from Phoenix,Az to Erie,Pa and can't find a track anywhere. Either way the tracks are going to be developed for my personal use but with a little feed back maybe I will open the 18 acre plot of land I own to create a track heaven. I recently purchased a 18 acre gravel pit south of Erie,Pa. Please reply so I know how many people are into short course, buggy, truggy...etc. I'm personally like the short course racing. If there is a track close to me please supply the info so I can fill my needs. Thanks and wish me luck! Kingdog

jne232 01-19-2013 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Kingdog (Post 10755345)
Hello, I'm currently trying to gauge interest in 2-3 outdoor tracks. 1/10 and 1/8 dirt tracks and possible 1/5 scale track. I recently moved from Phoenix,Az to Erie,Pa and can't find a track anywhere. Either way the tracks are going to be developed for my personal use but with a little feed back maybe I will open the 18 acre plot of land I own to create a track heaven. I recently purchased a 18 acre gravel pit south of Erie,Pa. Please reply so I know how many people are into short course, buggy, truggy...etc. I'm personally like the short course racing. If there is a track close to me please supply the info so I can fill my needs. Thanks and wish me luck! Kingdog

Hi,

I know you wrote this a while ago, but I had to try and make contact with you. It's not very often I come accross someone in my area who is interested in starting a backyard track too. How did it go for you? Are you continuing this season? I'm willing to trade my arms and back for some time on the track if you're interested.

Let me know, I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

P.s. I'm in Harborcreek to be specific and I have a Slash 2x4, Stampede 4x4, HPI Trophy Truggy 1/8th scale. All three are electric.

westernpa 02-16-2013 01:03 AM

check out oakhill rc speedway. awesome track and super cool owners. i am not sure they are still running but hopefully they do again this year. they are about 20 minutes from erie, pa in waterford, pa. also check out big dog rc in stoneboro, pa. they have indoor and outdoor tracks also.

Buckmaster Tigs 02-26-2013 08:16 PM

As far as know Oak Hill is closed. I went past there this summer and it looked to be shutdown. I'm also looking for a track in the Erie PA area. If someone has a piece of land I would love to help build it. I live in Waterford. I did hear a rumor of a track out in Fairview. Is this true?

Richards 02-26-2013 10:07 PM

Yes, Oak Hill is closed. Big Dog R/C Raceway & Hobbies is in Stoneboro, Pa. They have an indoor off road track and dirt oval, a crawler course, a carpet oval, indoor dirt and carpet truck pulls monthly, and then they also have an outdoor dirt oval and big off road track on which they all scales including 1/5th scale. They race indoor dirt oval and off road year round on Wednesdays and Saturdays and outdoor off road on Sundays. They also have all the immentities including a HUGE hobby shop. 724-376-2379. They have forums over on Hobbytalk, separate ones for off road and oval.

Then there is A.R.C.S. over in Ashtabula, OH. It's both indoor and outdoor off road. Some of the best racers on the East Coast there. I don't have a number for them but they too have a forum on Hobbytalk.

K&B in Kingsville,OH is a large outdoor off road track. Big time 1/8th scale there and also hosting a 1/5th scale race during their Mugen Challenge weekend in August.

Shay's R/C Park in Burghill,OH is an outdoor off road track racing 1/10th and 1/8th scale.

All of theses tracks have threads over on Hobbytalk, check em out.

yotehtr1 04-09-2013 03:25 PM

Big dog is currently redoing there outdoor track the way I understand. The had posted on hobbytalk that the outdoor track will no longer have an oval. Itll b offroad track only. Now they will still have an indoor oval, offroad, carpet, and rock crawl. Unless it changes they will be running the outdoor track on sundays and the new layout they said outta be ready in about 30 days. That's what I read

Kingdog 07-31-2013 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 1096198
If you can possibly ignore the brown colored pencil here is the track that I'm currently building. I'm looking for persons to donate their blood, sweat and tears for a free membership for next seasons "Kingdog Compound RC Club". I have a bobcat, dozer and a kubota tractor. The only thing left is humans with a good attitude. Just to clear the air...if you are lazy then don't bother. Hard working easy to get along with and we are all good! If interested contact me [email protected]